Fujitsu-Siemens-owners. Read this! The x43xG issue.

-TiLT-

60 posts in this topic

Hello OSX-friends. This thread is meant for FSC laptops, especially the x43xG series, like the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M 1437G, 1439G, 3438G, 4438G, Uniwill P71EN0 and Alienware S-4 m5700.

Installing OSX on these laptops seems to be quite impossible, tho I already reached little success with only little knowledge.

Nevertheless you can install OSX on these laptops in VMWare but its not realy nice to work copious under a virtual machine.

Trying to do a native install is often crashing with different kernel panics. Even booting VMWare2native installs (http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=11314) crash, when booting native. (But is a main part of the way how to get 4.5 working, so follow this link as well)

It seems to be the hurdle, finding the incompatible part in our laptops, ´cause a short look on the hardware and on the compatibility-wiki shows mostly supported hardware. (Or it is after tweaking some kext)

Tonight I finally got it working. I have a running 4.5 on a 1437G. It took me about 7 or 8 days an is definitely not quite fully developed. The main problem is the SATA-HD attached at the VIA6421 and no possibility of emulating a PATA HD. The BIOS simply has disabled that. (And many other things)

If you want to make OSX boot on this laptop be prepared to have

USB-Mouse

USB-Keyboard

USB-Harddisk

1 more primary partition on your internal HD

The theory is excluding problematic kext from a working VMWare installation. (As it always is ;) )

I. If you want to work on 10.4.3 the ACPIProcessor.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform/Contents/Plugins has to be renamed or removed. That way there are no more kernel panics while booting native.

II. For 10.4.5 the ApplePS2Controller.kext is the problematic one. Removed from Extensions, kernel panics are gone, BUT you have no more support for touchpad and keyboard (even in VMWare) so be prepared. You should have Macdrive6 or a another VMWare working copy, to continue working in this installation. Later, when we came to the point when it boots natively, you can use a USB-Mouse and Keyboard. Be aware of pressing a button on the laptops keypad while in 10.4.5. In text mode it will give you a kernel panic, in graphics mode as well, so the system hangs. Use USB-Keyboard, when slightly reaching point III.

III. VIA6421 issue

As far as I know, its impossible to boot from VIA6421-connected SATA drives. (Hopefully someone fixes that). The 1437G has no possibility to boot from USB-Harddrive, too (Mine could not directly, maybe other drives are more compatible). The workaround was, to have one installation on the Harddisk (patched like in I or II, and booting properly until the root device is not found) AND have a clone of this on your USB-storage. The reason is that the USB storage will jump into position “disk0” and continues the booting process instead of your internal-harddrive. (I had to buy an empty USB-Harddisk-Case to find out ^^). Now my 10.4.5 came up, completely incompatible with everything (Graphics, W-Lan, Audio, SATA, Modem). When trying the same thing with 10.4.3, the booting process did not finish for any reason I don´t know, but I think, its not reasonable to go on finding a way to boot 10.4.3 although keybord/mouse might be usable, maybe we can port the ApplePS2Controller.kext to 10.4.5. Would be worth a try.)

Now that we are able to have the system booting natively, I hope to find some comrades-in-arms who will work together in fixing the problems, as we now know, …

…FSC x37xG IS definitely compatible! :D:guitar::lol: (sorry, I´m just happy about that)

I hope I did not forget something, as its late now in Germany (5 in the morning) and I did not sleep well the last nights. Had nightmares of never getting this OS on my laptop working and saw myself walking jerkingly through a VMWare OSX, while Safari always pointed at me and said “looser, looooooser” :P

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Clues are greatly appreciated. German native speakers: Fragt ruhig in deutsch, wenn ihr euch auf englisch nicht traut (Dont be shy to ask in German, when you think your English is not enough. Thats only because I am german as you might already have noticed while reading this post)

I hope as well that some of our OSX86 experts read this and maybe know, how to workaround some of the problems better than I did.

Any useful information will be edited in this post. Hopefully this will end in an easy howto for x37xG´s.

Cheers

-TiLT-

As a sidenote: I was working with a OSx86 10.4.3 8F1111A Patched Jas v4.2b and a clean 10.4.4 with MacOSX_10.4.4DVD_latest.ppf.

post-29462-1143174600_thumb.jpg

Still no progress on the VT6421. I need some help for that. (DeviceID is 0x3249 Vendor 0x1006)

Editing AppleVIAATA.kext in section SATA gave me no result. No booting from SATA, even no HDs recognized in the running system. Even editing AppleAHCIPort.kext gives no results. Have VIAATA or AHCIPort hardcoded deviceIDs in their drivers binarys?

I do not really understand how, while booting, the bootloader is able to read /System/Library/Extensions*, but after he finished has no more access to the harddisk. Can anyone explain this to me? Is this the EFI-emulator who does this? How are the harddisks accessed while booting, and how are they lateron, when running the OS?

Something I have to ask for, because I cannot find a way to do it myself.

Could one of the mods please edit thread title and subtitle in

"Fujitsu-Siemens-owners. Read this! The x43xG issue."

"1437G, 1439G, 3438G, 4438G, Uniwill P71EN0 motherboard, SATA, USB-boot"

Somehow I have mixed something up in there.

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I think I tried this as well. I suppose the solution might be a combination of device-id editing and deleting some of the kext that block the sata detection.

At the moment I do not have my Amilo available. Hopefully in the next weeks it will return from service and I can go on testing.

Thank you anyway. Good to know there are others that deal with this problem as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

maybe we have new hope with the amilo notebooks, because the 10.4.6 even supports on my other pc my Nforce 3 sata, maybe they fixed some sata stuff and maybe it works on our amilo..

But i have to get the 10.4.6 install dvd to check :graduated:

and that takes a while :D

I hope it will work :thumbsdown_anim:

maybe we have new hope with the amilo notebooks, because the 10.4.6 even supports on my other pc my Nforce 3 sata, maybe they fixed some sata stuff and maybe it works on our amilo..

But i have to get the 10.4.6 install dvd to check :(

and that takes a while :)

I hope it will work :(

Hello,

I installed the 10.4.6 with myzar patch by VMWare

(1437g). Native one laest it does not install itself, since still the error with the ps2 kext exists. Also it does not recognize the SATA CONTROLLER...

No but if you tell me where i can find the device and vendor id´s i will try!

Nun nochmal auf Deutsch, wenn du mir sagen kannst, wie ich die Vendor und Device ID finde und wo ich diese dann Eintragen soll, dann werde ich das gerne mal versuchen. Vieleicht hilft dies ja auch bei der ps2kext!?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there all....

my laptop is : Amilo Pro v2020

and i install 10.4.6 Natively

this is my Dmesg:

at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 507554 free pages

mig_table_max_displ = 71

CPU identification: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.60GHz

CPU features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS TM EST

CPU extended features:

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

[RTCLOCK] frequency 1600000000 (1600069740)

Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet" with older/same version (1.2.0 -> 1.2.0).

ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level=0 layer=0]

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

using 5201 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Security auditing service present

BSM auditing present

disabled

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID E0B86E9F-1E77-3622-9A08-90604102A233

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

IOPCI2PCIBridge: bad bridge bus numbering, no room to fix, bailing out!

IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xffa0)

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xffa8)

FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8023 PCI now active, GUID 00030d492556e7fc; max speed s400.

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/CHN0@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/TOSHIBA MK1031GAS Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1

Jettisoning kernel linker.

Resetting IOCatalogue.

Matching service count = 4

Matching service count = 6

ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v5.9

Class "IOIntel915Accelerator" is duplicate

Duplicate class

IGD: vram [d8000000:08000000]

display: Not usable

com_apple_driver_RTL8139: Ethernet address **:**:**:**:**:**

(110: StuffItAVRDaemon)tfp: failed on 105:

(65: SystemStarter)tfp: failed on 0:

RT2500USBWirelessDriver::message( type=0xE0000101, arg=0x0 ) -->

RT2500USBWirelessDriver::message - Unknown message! mesg = -536870655 (0xE0000101)

RT2500USBWirelessDriver::start <--

RT2500USBWirelessDriver: Ethernet address **:**:**:**:**:**

Set::OID_802_11_BSSID_LIST_SCAN

RT2500: Link UP: "linksys-home" -- **:**:**:**:**:** -- ch 11

SYNC - AP changed B/G protection to 1

RT2500(USB): Link DOWN

Set::OID_802_11_RTS_THRESHOLD (=2347)

Set::OID_802_11_FRAGMENTATION_THRESHOLD (=2346)

RT2500(USB): Link DOWN

Set::OID_802_11_RTS_THRESHOLD (=2347)

Set::OID_802_11_FRAGMENTATION_THRESHOLD (=2346)

System Doze

AppleUSBCDCWCM: Version number - 3.1.9

AppleUSBCDCACMData: Version number - 3.1.9, Input buffers 8, Output buffers 16

AppleUSBCDCACMData: Version number - 3.1.9, Input buffers 8, Output buffers 16

0 0 AppleUSBCDCACMData: start - Find CDC driver failed

AppleUSBCDCDMM: Version number - 3.1.9

USBF: 3996.819 AppleUSBUHCI[0x3e81000]::DoIOTransfer - error 0xe000404f queueing request

this my screenshot:

picture14sh.png

and its works fine ......just the intel pro 2200bg not working

• 3 weeks later...

@Cyberdott: Du findest die Device-ID wenn du unter Windows im Gerätemanager das Gerät doppelt anklickst und unter Details die Eigenschaft Geräteinstanzkennung auswählst. Dort steht dann ein String wie dieser: PCI\Ven_xxxx&dev_xxxx&....

Ven ist die Vendor ID, dev die Device ID.

Grüße

@Q8Music

You can be happy. But your Motherboard isn´t the same like the 1437 or the other uniwill laptops. Anyway, be happy with your MacOSX (I think there are solutions for the 2200bg)

Cheers

Ive Got a M1437G with a P50EA0 Motherboard, (Different from the one above) Anyone got any ideas on how I could get OSX Working?

Also -Tilt- any chance of a tutorial as to how you got to where you are now?

I currently have the patched Jas 10.4.6 DVD.

Thanks!

As I do not have a 1437G anymore, I will try to explain from what I remember.

1. Create a partition (just as big as you need for the installation, because you can not use this space for anything)

2. Install OSX via VMWare to this partition. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

3. Remove the ApplePS2Controller.kext

4. Remove /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and .kextcache and let them be rebuild.

5. Clone the partition to a USB-Harddisk

6. Reboot and use rd=diskXsY (whereas X and Y are replaced with the number of the USB Drive and the partition to be used) to access the USB harddisk as the startup drive.

That way the system loads its base features from the internal harddisk, and when it comes to the point where it wants to use all kext, it can go on to load from the USB disk.

My 10.4.6 shows VIA-Sata support, maybe it is usable after a VMWare installation.

Hope this helps.

It might propably work with that, but I used Norton Ghost. (First I created a partition of my desired size (32GB), then I copied the small partition onto the big one, resulting in 32GB MacOSX partition)

I have an FSC Amilo M3438G.

When I try to boot the Setup from the DVD it it has somemkind of a problem with the PS2 controller and it stops there.

How can I install it?

I also don't get how I can remove the extensions.

I'm trying to get it to work for days.

I installed it in VMware and it worked, but when I try to boot i just see a blinking cursor.

Hope somebody can help me!!!

It was a 10.4.4/10.4.5 DVD with maxxuss patches on it. Was the first DVD I dled, and it came from a rapidshare space, and there was no special name given. Sorry.

@Cillit Bang: The kexts are located in /System/Library/Extensions. Additionally they are cached in /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.mkext und /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.kextcache. Those two files must be removed and the kext. When rebooting now, the kextcache gets recreated without the deleted kext.

--

What still makes me think about is why the system hangs at the ps2controller.kext. I thought, those touchpads are all the same and wired up similar. What is different about this one?

No, you find them, after you install OSX via VMWare. Typically the way to deal with problematic systems would be to install OSX via VMWare onto a physical disk (howto is here http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=11314) and change everything, you need to make it run native in the virtual machine (where it will run as long you have a capable processor). As I mentioned above, after removing the ps2controller kexts, you have no more support for your keyboard and mouse in vmware.

Thanks -TiLT-!

I installed it on VMWare and I got it running on VMWare.

Then I removed that extension and booted natively. Now I dont get the PS2Controller panic anymore but I get panics with other 2 extensions:

iTunes Phone Driver and IOUSBMass Storage Controller.

I just don't know how to get it to work running natively

Now I can reinstall OS X on VMWare because I dont have mouse!

Ok, i booted in VMWare and found those files.

At the top you wrote that if you remove the P22Controller Extension you cant't use the mouse in VMWare and you should have another working VMWare copy - what do you mean by that? How can I have two copies that access the same system?

This is easy. Create a new virtual machine without physical disk but a virtual harddisk. Install OSX. When everything works, edit the virtual machine an add the physical harddisk where OSX is on, as second HD. Now you can work on that harddisk out of the virtual machine and have the results when booting natively.

Yes, but at that point my effords came to an end.

To deal with the still waiting for root device, I figured out, that versions higher than 10.4.3 are able to boot from USB-devices. What I did was, that I cloned my OSX, that had no more panics, onto an USB-harddisk. Now I had to enter something like rd=disk0s1 on startup and tricked OSX, because it starts to load from the internal harddisk and at the point, where all kexts are loaded and it expects to have the system on disk0s1, disk0s1 isn´t there anymore (via sata is unsupportet), but now the USB-drive jumps into the place and becomes disk0s1. The rest of the system is then loaded from the USB-drive.

To work with the system I used an external USB-mouse and USB-keyboard (as you can see on my picture on the threads start)

I noticed the support for S-ATA in 10.4.6 Jas where VIA-Sata is also mentioned as an installation option. What others were suspecting was, that maybe those new kexts would maybe help us to make the system boot up from the internal sata drive (as it isnt attached onto the ich6m but onto the via-sata-controller).

This would make dealing with the ps2controller.kext more easy. But I think the whole driver has to be rewritten to work with this motherboard (what frustrates me, because it is a general synaptics touchpad)