GMA950 desktop (0x2772) and Sleep Mode problems. Connection?

konistehrad

7 posts in this topic

Hey all; apologies upfront if this is a repost.

I've been banging my head against this sleep mode problem for a while now and I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel. I've got the typical problems with sleep mode: you put it into sleep mode, it goes to sleep fine. You attempt to wake it, however, it just sits there.

What strikes me as curious, though, is the video BIOS tagline that shows while the system struggles to revive itself. I've heard other people talk about problems with the GMS950s and sleep mode; just curious to see if anyone else had conquered this beast. Thoughts?

For the record, here's the system I'm using:

Proc: Intel E1400 (2Ghz)

Mem: 1GM 667Mhz

MoBo: Abit i45-CV (945GC/ICH7 chipset)

Install: iAtkos 4i updated to 10.5.5

Kernel: 9.5.0 Vanilla w/ superhai speedstep

950 Driver: 10.5.5 stock using this technique

Thanks!

edit: add kernel info :x

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I can't install my intel gma950, id 0x2772. I've installed ideneb 1.5.5

Could you tell me which driver you used?

Hey, sorry this is super late; I didn't see someone had replied to this post. I updated my sig with links to all of the drivers I'm using. Hope it helps!

Hey, sorry this is super late; I didn't see someone had replied to this post. I updated my sig with links to all of the drivers I'm using. Hope it helps!

Ok, but the link about driver for gma driver doesn't works!!

Could you tell me how to install a working driver for gma 950 with id 0x02772?

Thanks a lot...

Sergej

Same device id here. I'm currently using a fresh msiwindosx installation and the GMA950 drivers for the nettop. Its hardware is a close match for my desktop which is the MSI Wind PC. It works as-is from a fresh installation but limited to 4:3 ratio and a single resolution.

I am trying to get 16:9 and that may require editing some kext's and adding our device ID's.

mine has the same device id, i just ended up using the old frame buffer, works good just some small artifacing on some things, get full res change and stuff, make sure your mobo is set for S3 on sleep, mine wont sleep right unless its S3

Er, perhaps I wasn't clear, sorry. A direct link to the driver pack for devid 0x2772 can be found here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=34478

It's the 3rd post in the link on my sig. Sorry if it was confusing.

Also, I've more or less concluded that the problem exists in my shoddy discount motherboard. Thanks for the help tho, supermx3.