• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

GLXOZ

GLXOZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
How about STAC9271D for DP35DP ? this my linux codec dump.
Attached File  cdc.txt   5.7KB   25 downloads

overflow1972

overflow1972

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
.......mmmm, maybe that was the problem. I put Extensions.mkext under EXTRA\Extensions and not under EXTRA.

I'll try and let you know, thanks a lot

Ziggar

Ziggar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Any chance of a version for STAC9274D found on bad axe 2 ?

Can post a codec dump or what might be necessary , thanks :)

jokinawa

jokinawa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
stickpin,

Here is my codec dump: Attached File  ALCdump.txt   11.34KB   31 downloads

Here is a weird 'error' in Ubuntu 8.04: Attached File  Screenshot_Sound_Preferences_1.png   63.83KB   148 downloads

My motherbard manufacturer Gigabyte states this motherboard (GA-EP45-DS4) uses the ALC889a chipset for audio.
The codec dump shows ALC885 while the sound prefs in Ubuntu show ALC885 and ALC882.

Some weird happenings going on here.

J

Ducko

Ducko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Working well now with my ALC888 system.
The first try didn't work. I am using EFI partition with munky's update.sh . After a few times rebooting and EFI kext cache modifying, it finally works.

shatterhenner

shatterhenner

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

@shatterhenner, yes same here... both versions working... for normail codec verb you should use your address...
Your address you can get from codec dump and its should looks like this:

Codec: Realtek ALC885
Address: 2
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0885
Subsystem Id: 0x1458a002
Revision Id: 0x100101

@jokinawa, how to create codec dump, you can read here. You'll need some linux distro, maybe some live cd, like Ubuntu.

thanx stickpin for the fast reply...so ill go and get a linux live cd

nice work dude ;-)
thanx again....

sensei730000

sensei730000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
could it work for ALC662? Do you need a codec dump for it??

tonysweet

tonysweet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thx for your GREAT job!

But my mic (front & rear, Both) is not working.
(Patched AppleHDA.kext by Taruga is all working.)

Here is my ALC883 codec dump.

So.. how can I fix it..? Thx!!

Attached File  orion883codecdump.txt   10.07KB   36 downloads

overflow1972

overflow1972

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

@overflow1972, you adding this lines, then creating mkext will all you kext, droping mkext into /Extra folder, setting permissions, removing /Extra/Extensions folder, restarting with -f... Its should work for you now...

Hi STICKPIN,

I tried again and it finally worked. I created an Extensions.mkext with all my kexts inside the EXTRA folder (CHAMELEON) and I copied Extensions.mkext directly under the EXTRA folder. I was putting this file under EXTRA\Extensions and this was the reason of the problem.

Thanks for your help.

stickpin

stickpin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
New version is comming will fix codec verb problem... And sys profiler... No more fake values... ;)

_Stoddie

_Stoddie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

New version is comming will fix codec verb problem... And sys profiler... No more fake values... ;)

i'm having a problem its not working for me i'm doing every thing you said but no luck i'm putting all my kexts into my custom extension folder on desktop adding root to legacyhdacontroller.kext and legacyhdaplatformdriver.kext in info.plist then creating a mkext from the folder and placing it into my usb boot 132 in initrd/extra then setting permissions and removing extensions folder on usb i'm using original applehda.kext in s/l/e when i restart everything loads excepted audio but it is listed in system profiler what im i doing wrong? heres a pic of every kext that i used to make the mkext
my audio is Realtek ALC882 my motherboard is p5w dh deluxe.

please help many thanks

Attached File  Picture_1.png   83.28KB   149 downloads

stickpin

stickpin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
@chopperreid, first, remove ALCInject, then create mkext again, try to boot with -f...
If still not work for you, post your codec dump.

_Stoddie

_Stoddie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

@chopperreid, first, remove ALCInject, then create mkext again, try to boot with -f...

hi ya thanks for the reply i removed alcinject.kext and still no audio even when booting with -f. i'm afraid i don't now how to create a codac dump please could you show me many thanks

chibchan

chibchan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I feel the BrAin CelLs BuStInG AwAy! :blink:

I've Downloaded kexts for my Sound card, Was using a taruga patch for my ga-p35ds3L (ALC888 linux dump), it was the only mod to my stickpin usb loader based system. I must of went thru steps 1-8 a gazillion times.
Then installed a fresh system on another partition... still nothing... yet i find it so intriguing how one can damn nearly pull ones hair out from this :wacko:

I'd be so grateful if one can work their magic
Attached File  _P35_DS3L_codec_dump.txt   10.74KB   39 downloads

_Stoddie

_Stoddie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I feel the BrAin CelLs BuStInG AwAy! :blink:

I've Downloaded kexts for my Sound card, Was using a taruga patch for my ga-p35ds3L (ALC888 linux dump), it was the only mod to my stickpin usb loader based system. I must of went thru steps 1-8 a gazillion times.
Then installed a fresh system on another partition... still nothing... yet i find it so intriguing how one can damn nearly pull ones hair out from this :wacko:

I'd be so grateful if one can work their magic
Attached File  _P35_DS3L_codec_dump.txt   10.74KB   39 downloads

how did you make your codac dump i dont no how to please help

chibchan

chibchan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
a live ubuntu cd and this topic....

http://ubuntuforums....amp;postcount=3

_Stoddie

_Stoddie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

stickpin i managed to get a codec dump of my card thanks to Chibchan thank you for that.

i will attached it to this post please could you get back to me sticpin if you have an answer many thanks

Attached File  codec_dump.txt   11.55KB   34 downloads

Toonces Katt

Toonces Katt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Since it looks like most of the current AppleHDA braintrust is represented in this thread. Perhaps one of you might want to get a prize for creating a working solution for the ALC269 on the Asus EEE PC 1000? http://forum.insanel...howtopic=130616

It would be really super cool if the resulting codec also worked with this method :rolleyes:

Seriously, my brain hurts from going over all this sound stuff again and again.

Toonces

stickpin

stickpin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
@Toonces, exacly as you said... AppleHDA its PITA, im already fixed most of the problems, for some reason cant get more then 2 line outs working... As i see apple doesnt support analog 5.1 or 7.1 config, the proper way... So we just need to find some work around for it.
When all this trobles, with ALC889A will be fixed, ill try to move to other codecs.

Brandon2004

Brandon2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Followed cyclonefr's instructions but I modified sonotone's kexts and got it working for Sigmatel 9205 but mine is a gateway laptop and when I tried sonotone's dell laptops installer for the 9205 it didn't work I had to find a gateway one else where but anyway I will attach my kexts.

edit: sorry about that the permissions were off when I zipped them here they are again though

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy