[BOOT-132] Legacy AppleHDA

stickpin

232 posts in this topic

@AlainTox714, ill take a look to another codecs letter, its should be another codec verb there, maybe another device mapping, i have no Sigmatel device to test here, so all i can to its to follow blind here.

@Stellarola, thanks alot for report, if you can please report if all submited inputs and outputs works for you.

@stickpin

Thank you so much, if you need some information about this board don't hesitate, i am ready to provide and to help.

Pink Mic-input does not work on my GA-EP45-DS4 with ALC889A. Verified chip on the mobo itself.

Works in Windows. Tried the front inputs also.

Tried the 'Internal Microphone' and 'Line-In' settings in input.

Any help is appreciated.

Good evening,

I have Leopard retail + 10.5.5 update + chameleon boot from hard disk.

My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4 with ALC889A. The kexts published here are not working for me.

I see the audio board inside the system profiler, but I have no audio whatever channel I choose.

Before this I used patched AppleHDA+ALCInject and it worked fine.

I installed these new kexts inside the EXTRA folder of CHAMELEON and I deleted AppleHDA and ALCInject. Is it right to delete AppleHDA or do I still need it ?

Thanks

@sonotone, thanks alot for sharing your fake plists, added them to the first post.

@jokinawa, please post you codec dump here, ill check whats wrong there.

@overflow1972, please read tutorial carefully. Everything there. And yes you need ORIGINAL Leo AppleHDA.

Thanks for this solution stickpin.

Seems to work fine here with ALC883 on a Gigabyte 965P-DS4, but I get very numerous errors in system.log.

These following errors appear every 30 seconds :

Oct  6 20:52:23: --- last message repeated 5 times ---
Oct  6 20:52:24 pat-rans kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1341 goto handler
Oct  6 20:52:54: --- last message repeated 5 times ---
Oct  6 20:52:55 pat-rans kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1341 goto handler
Oct  6 20:53:25: --- last message repeated 5 times ---
Oct  6 20:53:26 pat-rans kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1341 goto handler
Oct  6 20:53:56: --- last message repeated 5 times ---
Oct  6 20:53:57 pat-rans kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1341 goto handler
Oct  6 20:54:27: --- last message repeated 5 times ---
Oct  6 20:54:28 pat-rans kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1341 goto handler

Do you have any idea on how to get rid of them ?

@shatterhenner, yes same here... both versions working... for normail codec verb you should use your address...

Your address you can get from codec dump and its should looks like this:

Codec: Realtek ALC885

Address: 2

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0885

Subsystem Id: 0x1458a002

Revision Id: 0x100101

@jokinawa, how to create codec dump, you can read here. You'll need some linux distro, maybe some live cd, like Ubuntu.

@stickpin:

hi mate I want to show you my experience. I have a retail Leopard + 10.5.5 update + chameleon boot for Hard disk

My motherboard has ALC889A. I am currently using a patched AppleHDA + Alcinject.

Now....:

1) I put again the original 10.5.5 AppleHDA under s/l/e. I downloaded from the first post the 3 kexts for ALC889A and I put them under CHAMELEON kext folder and I converted all the kexts inside it in Extensions.mkext. So under the EXTRA folder I just left one file : Extensions.mkext

I rebooted the system with -v -f but it does not boot.....I had a KP with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement because the system maybe is not able to load the disabler.kext

2) I put the 3 audio kexts under the CHAMELEON kexts folder + the original AppleHDA under s/l/e. I rebooted the system with -v -f, I see the audio board info under system profiler but I had no audio on all channels

3) I put the 3 kexts + the original AppleHDA under S/L/E.........I rebooted with -v -f and I had the system working with audio.

so, which of this situation is the right one ?

Thanks

@overflow1972, ok found what it could be... Looks like when you use chameleon boot for Hard disk you must add:

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Root</string>

So add this two lines in the end of Info.plist before last </dict> of LegacyHDAController.kext and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext, then its should work for you too.

ex:

</dict>
	 <key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	 <string>Root</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Dont forget about mkext and permissions.

Enjoy!

Dont forget about mkext and permissions.

Enjoy!

Ok thanks, those are the lines for the kexts loading. You said about mkext.......does this mean that I always need to convert everything into Extensions.mkext or I can leave the kexts under CHAMELEON Extra folder ?

Thanks

@overflow1972, you adding this lines, then creating mkext will all you kext, droping mkext into /Extra folder, setting permissions, removing /Extra/Extensions folder, restarting with -f... Its should work for you now...

stickpin,

Here is my codec dump: ALCdump.txt

Here is a weird 'error' in Ubuntu 8.04: post-6038-1223390334_thumb.png

My motherbard manufacturer Gigabyte states this motherboard (GA-EP45-DS4) uses the ALC889a chipset for audio.

The codec dump shows ALC885 while the sound prefs in Ubuntu show ALC885 and ALC882.

Some weird happenings going on here.

J

Working well now with my ALC888 system.

The first try didn't work. I am using EFI partition with munky's update.sh . After a few times rebooting and EFI kext cache modifying, it finally works.

@shatterhenner, yes same here... both versions working... for normail codec verb you should use your address...

Your address you can get from codec dump and its should looks like this:

Codec: Realtek ALC885

Address: 2

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0885

Subsystem Id: 0x1458a002

Revision Id: 0x100101

@jokinawa, how to create codec dump, you can read here. You'll need some linux distro, maybe some live cd, like Ubuntu.

thanx stickpin for the fast reply...so ill go and get a linux live cd

nice work dude ;-)

thanx again....

@overflow1972, you adding this lines, then creating mkext will all you kext, droping mkext into /Extra folder, setting permissions, removing /Extra/Extensions folder, restarting with -f... Its should work for you now...

Hi STICKPIN,

I tried again and it finally worked. I created an Extensions.mkext with all my kexts inside the EXTRA folder (CHAMELEON) and I copied Extensions.mkext directly under the EXTRA folder. I was putting this file under EXTRA\Extensions and this was the reason of the problem.

Thanks for your help.