[BOOT-132] Legacy AppleHDA

stickpin

232 posts in this topic

So you replaced AppleHDA.kext from 10.5.7 with AppleHDA.kext from 10.5.6?

I thought this thread is for avoiding this kind of updating problem. Or we could just keep patched AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. It will cause kernel panic as well I guess.

For legacy HDA 10.5.7 to work:

HDAenabler needs edit in plisteditpro to work on 10.5.7

actual HDAenabler info.plist (open contents) says near end of file:

CODE <key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>

<string>6.9.9</string>

need to say:

<string>7.9.9</string>

Thanks to macgirl

For legacy HDA 10.5.7 to work:

HDAenabler needs edit in plisteditpro to work on 10.5.7

actual HDAenabler info.plist (open contents) says near end of file:

<string>6.9.9</string>

need to say:

<string>7.9.9</string>

Thanks to macgirl

Whatever, i still got kernel panics with this change, so i switched to tmongkols legacy kexts for 10.5.7.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody else noticed that having EFI runtime disabler is causing sound assertion errors!

I've been using a disabler.kext for CPU Power managment and ACPI_SMC_Platform.

I swapped this for one that included EFI runtime and this lead to 4 or 5 sound assertion errors on boot ...... !

• 3 weeks later...
Has anybody else noticed that having EFI runtime disabler is causing sound assertion errors!

I've been using a disabler.kext for CPU Power managment and ACPI_SMC_Platform.

I swapped this for one that included EFI runtime and this lead to 4 or 5 sound assertion errors on boot ...... !

You're right

I thought that the assertion errors I was getting were due to an incorrectly patched Legacy kext. Apparently that was not the case. Removing the disabler.kext got rid of all the assertion errors.

• 2 weeks later...

Im hearing noise in my headphones that are connected in the front panel port when I do something in the computer, but not if I connect them in the back panel. I have GA-EP45-DS5, 889a. Any fix for this?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is there any new version of these available to work in SL x64 mode. I have GA EP45-UD3L (ICH10 with ALC888) running SL in x64 mode without any error or issue. got QE/CI working for my 8800GT and LAN working through DSDT.aml. But no sound. This board is excellent for running hackintosh but only problem is the sound chip. Any suggestion how to get sound from it. I simple need 2 channel sound and mic input from fron if possible. No 5.1 / DTS / 7.1 required. Simple 2 channel output. Any way?

If so, can anyone guide me which files should I use and where to keep them. S/L/E or E/E. Also one input required. To put kexts in S/L/E I normally use KextHelper, but to put kext in E/E I simple make a copy of kext and put it there. Am I doing right?