Partitioning Advice for < 5 percent windows

eskatonia

3 posts in this topic

I've just ordered a mac book pro. I'm going to use it 95 percent of the time plus in Mac OS X.

The only things I will use windows for is occasionally to run Resolume (Vj program, www.resolume.com) or Sony Vegas.

Is it feasible to leave it one partition? will there soon be a solution to boot windows / mac os x off one partition? this would be my first preference.

If not what should I do out of the box to prepare it for a dual install? Probably won't install xp until graphics hardware is fully supported but may as well get it ready to go.

I have looked through the wiki but the advice is very limited on suggested partitioning schemes.

I also don't see any where information on drivers for the FW400 port or if thats now working? Can you mount HFS+ external fire wire disks under XP using MacDrive?

can you capture video to xp from a DV camera using Vegas or Premiere Pro?

thanks for any info

ok thinking about it your right, and it's safer to keep windows sandboxed where it can't f*** up the os x partition (which will be my primary work partition)...

so right way to do it is to split it into os x and xp with guid partition table, whats the minimum I can realistically install xp + 1 or 2 apps in? maybe a 80GB OS X 20GB windows split?