Intel 82566mm Ethernet works on Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3)

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

dr.vox

dr.vox

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Not meaning to insult your intelligence -- it happens to the best of us -- but are you sure (100% sure, i.e. go and check) the NIC setting in your BIOS is set to enabled.

SMF

SMF

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

I have been fighting to get LAN to work for a very long time, i have followed dingguijin walkthrough and I have no response from the NIC every time.

I download the .tar.gz file that was upload 11-2008
i then edit the contents/info.plst file to match the versions located with kextstat
I save and quit
I use kext helper to upload the new 82566mm driver, it says successful cross fingers and reboot.
I reboot, no internet...

If i go to about this mac>system profiler>network> at the bottom of the list ethernet is listed there, and it gives a mac address, full duplex, and auto select.

What am I missing, do i need to insert a device ID somewhere? This is a totally vanilla, retail copy. I have not set up macloader yet but once i get internet working i will set up macloader. By the way I am using the intel dp35dp mobo....I appreciate any direction you can give. Thanks a lot.

So I am assuming that you are not getting an ip address - correct?

SMF

evilgeek

evilgeek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Any chance of getting the resume from standby/hibernation bug fixed? Basically I have to REBOOT after resuming from any standby or hibernation after my laptop takes a sleep. Shouldn't be too hard as all you need to do is to reload the driver I think.

aliab

aliab

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Thank's dinguijin
Work fine with IntelDQ965gf and 10.5.7

IntelCubeDreamer

IntelCubeDreamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just another success on a Intel 82567LM in a HP Elitebook 8530p installed with OSX86Tools on 10.5.7.

Thanks !

Takashi Odeo

Takashi Odeo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
hello...i'm new here n i want to ask
how do we check connection speed...??
cos my internet seem slow but i use 1Gb ethernet line

scalar

scalar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I tried an older version of this with my Intel 82575EB a while back and it didn't work, anyone seen any success recently?

$P@RT@N

$P@RT@N

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hey men i got the same motherboard but i cant get it work some1 help me plz

trafik

trafik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I got a X61 tablet. I install Intel82566MM.kext (network driver) with kext helper and reboot and network still not working. Please help! How can I do perfect?

bcdove

bcdove

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

After around one month part-time work. I ported the Linux e1000e driver to my Laptop (Lenovo T61p) running Hackintocsh Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3).

Detail in my blog http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com.

Guijin Ding

Installed and *not* working on my Dell Optiplex 960 which has a 82567LM-3 controller.

Any help in getting this working is appreciated.

steven_dl

steven_dl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
chould you sir recompiled to snow leopard?

pin_conn

pin_conn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can someone recompile the latest version (with 1000Mb+power fixes)to support 64 bit?

xiezhy

xiezhy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Can someone recompile the latest version (with 1000Mb+power fixes)to support 64 bit?

For Snow 64bit
http://www.apple163....d-1954-1-1.html

SnoutWeezel

SnoutWeezel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

For Snow 64bit
http://www.apple163....d-1954-1-1.html

Could you please up this driver to an open host and link here, as apple163 seemingly disallows non-member DL. Thanks.

dvil

dvil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Here it is a version compiled for snow leopard, it is based in the newest source available in google code. It works in 32 and 64 bit modes for me, however your milage may vary.

Good luck.

Cheers.

Attached Files

SnoutWeezel

SnoutWeezel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Here it is a version compiled for snow leopard, it is based in the newest source available in google code. It works in 32 and 64 bit modes for me, however your milage may vary.

Thanks you, keep the good work !

pin_conn

pin_conn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks! This kext works great in 10.6 (64 bit), it works after sleep and supports all speeds.

trueicecold

trueicecold

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm desperate... tried everyting to get my 82566DC-2 card working. I'm using Leo 10.5.7, changed the string as suggested to 9.5.0 (from kextstat), and tried with/without editing the hardware id. in ALL cases I get "cable for ethernet is not connected". I've got a DP35DP mobo...

please advise... :D

macuser0113

macuser0113

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My ethernet adapter is an Intel 82566DC is there a patch specifically for that one? Ive tried installing this and i still have the cable unplugged error, there is a mac ID shown though... Ive tried running it in both NAT and bridges, any help would be great ive been working on getting this online for a few weeks now.

ADN

ADN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thanks! This kext works great in 10.6 (64 bit), it works after sleep and supports all speeds.

My SL can regconize the ethernet card but it can not receive IP from DHCP server :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy