Intel 82566mm Ethernet works on Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.3)

dingguijin

187 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My 10.6.3 upgrade kicked my to 64bit, causing the 82566MM driver to stop working.

Instead of forcing 32bit I decided to try to recompile for 64bit. I seem to have been

successful.

I have added an ticket to the projects issue list on Google Code. It has both the diff

and a compiled kext attached. I hope this is helpful to someone:

http://code.google.com/p/82566mm-osx-drive...ues/detail?id=6

Intel82566MM_kext.zip

Makefile.diff.txt

Hi everyone,

My 10.6.3 upgrade kicked my to 64bit, causing the 82566MM driver to stop working.

Instead of forcing 32bit I decided to try to recompile for 64bit. I seem to have been

successful.

I have added an ticket to the projects issue list on Google Code. It has both the diff

It works great for my 82566DC in 64 bit mod on one of my hackintosh

:(

Does any ever get Bridge Networking working under VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop. I am having issues with bridge networking.

Thanks for any help/advise.

This extension doesn't handle promiscuous mode correctly, which is required for bridging.

Use AppleIntelE1000e.kext instead.

Hi everyone,

successful.

Hey, great work, listen me. Can you recompile for 64 bit the new kext (in attached) from realtek release this april 2010?

Link to discussion

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dingguijin, please help. I tried installing your driver but my ethernet connection continues to show that the cable is unplugged. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I changed my info.plist with the values I get in kextstat and after installing it tells me that the driver is loaded but even after reboot I can't get a connection. I feel like the only one who hasn't been able to acomplish this task. What makes it even more frustrating is that I too am running mac os x on a T61. I installed iatkos 5i with a bridged network. My ethernet card shows it's a 82566mm. The drivers installed from iatkos are for 8255 and I also saw something with 8254. Is there something I should erase or something else I should add to the plist like the product Id (honestly I don't even know if it is present I am really new to MAC).

Please anyone with any ideas on what my problem might be? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...