Finally Working! GMA950 CI/QE and Resolutions

JSn1™

37 posts in this topic

Hi everone:

I finally got to work GMA950 with Resolutions and CI/QE in Leopard 10.5.5 and 10.5.4.

I will release a package installer, it is almost ready.

Just, I need someone to create an Apple like background for the installer

using my Avatar Logo (you can take from here

<<<<< ), it must be placed in the bottom left corner, not too big not to small.

Please install the Kexts using kexthelper and reboot.

There is a bit of mouse tearing, a bit less than other versions, I will continue to

investigate this issue.

p1.tiff

gma950w.zip

Tested with Desktops.

under: 10.5.5 and 10.4.4, it might work in other versions.

CoreImage and QuartzExtreme working OK.

Resolutions working OK.

NO BLACK MENUS

Mouse works OK

More info?

I hope you mean "under 10.5.5 and 10.5.4"....

o.0

if so, this is very good news and you should not keep us in suspense lol

Yup! It is 10.5.4 and 10.5.5. :angel:

--

Further details about framebuffer and kexts will be given on release!

Just for the note, I have tested on 3 different computers, INCLUDING NOTEBOOK!!!

Yup, finally, for Desktop and Notebook.

This will be distributed using an Installer Package,

I will create the background for the installer, I will release it today (GMT -6).

Stay tuned.

Proof: Watch the attached image.

@ MacOff: Si, finalmente. Todo esto surgió de conectar mi pc al plasma y tener que ver todo en 1024 * 768.

Sí, por ahora necesito a alguien que diseñe el fondo del instalador, ya sabes, con el que se instalan todas

las distribuciones pkg, teniendo esto, liberare el instalador. Tal vez tú me puedas ayudar con esto.

Sí lo puedes hacer, enviame un PM.

Yes! Finally. Everything came from connecting my Computer to the TV and having to see everything

in 1024 * 768, horrible!

Does this one give resolutions on gma950 chipsets with lvds?

So far all the kext's I tried made osx crash.

Intel GMA 950:

Chipsetmodel: GMA 950

Type: Beeldscherm

Bus: Ingebouwd

VRAM (totaal): 64 MB gedeeld systeemgeheugen

Fabrikant: Intel (0x8086)

Apparaatcode: 0x27a2

Revisiecode: 0x0003

Beeldschermen:

Onbekend beeldscherm:

Resolutie: 1024 x 768

Diepte: 32-bits kleur

Core Image: Hardwareversnelling

Hoofdbeeldscherm: Ja

Synchrone weergave: Uit

Online: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Ondersteund

I will test it in an Intel D945GCLF motherboard. Up to 10.5.4 it worked OK with QE/CI but some artifacts. After upgrading to 10.5.5 lost resolutions and I'm hoping for some light with your release.

Espero con impaciencia esa nueva versión, aunque no podré probarla hasta el próximo fin de semana. ¡Buen trabajo!

I will test it in an Intel D945GCLF motherboard. Up to 10.5.4 it worked OK with QE/CI but some artifacts. After upgrading to 10.5.5 lost resolutions and I'm hoping for some light with your release.

Espero con impaciencia esa nueva versión, aunque no podré probarla hasta el próximo fin de semana. ¡Buen trabajo!

Hola!! Tengo la 10.5.2 instalada correctamente, con todo funcionando. Me dejo un amigo el ideneb 10.5.4, instala bien, pero al reiniciar aparece la pantalla gris de apple, y luego la pantalla dividida y difuminada, por lo que no puedo recuperar los kext de la 10.5.2, de la grafica. Mi equipo es Sony vaio VGN-N38z

Intel Core 2 Duo 1´67 GHz, 2gb de ram. Gráfica intel 945,chips Mobile Intel® 945GM Express,velocidad de memoria 667mhz, Wifi Atheros y sonido realtek 626.

Espero podais ayudarme, gracias

Ok im using the kexts from 9f23 installer, with an older version of the framebuffer but again everything works. Not fragments i can change resolution. And gl, qe, ci are working.

picture1kj0.th.pngthpix.gif

Download attacthment and give it a try. Problably this is what the original poster is using.

GMA950.zip

I tried spclffred's kexts and I get the same results as before. Resolution changing, QE, CI and everything is working perfectly. I do however get artifacts. When I move the mouse, the pointer sticks in it's old position and I get a black square under the apple in the menu.

I tried spclffred's kexts and I get the same results as before. Resolution changing, QE, CI and everything is working perfectly. I do however get artifacts. When I move the mouse, the pointer sticks in it's old position and I get a black square under the apple in the menu.

No actually these are different than the last ones. So next time before bashing the post check em out first. Ive spent the past 2 weeks mixing and matching.

I'm sorry. One of our mail servers had some troubles and finally today I got it working again.

I've been working in fixing the mouse tearing, this problem persists in this version, but a least it

was reduced from the latest kexts I had.

And, for the note, the installer and script were not taking long, I was very busy fixing the server

that I had no time for uploading files to the forum.

Thanks to MacOff for creating the background.

Here you have, just the kexts as requested, I will release the installer as soon as I have spare time.

Install them all using kexthelper, delete extensions.mkext and reboot.

Everything should be fine, just a bit of mouse tearing, as I said, it is less than compared with

other versions.

I will continue to investigate this issue.

gma950w.zip

No actually these are different than the last ones. So next time before bashing the post check em out first. Ive spent the past 2 weeks mixing and matching.

I did try them out. They give me the same result as the ones I was already using. I was probably using the same combo. And I did not BASH the post. I am sorry if you got that impression. I accidently made the font bold. I guess I was sleeping.