Kalyway 10.5.2 -> (directly to...) Kalyway 10.5.5?

©öñFü5íóÑ

21 posts in this topic

I have been absent from the OSx86 scene for the better part of the year and have missed updates 10.5.3 THROUGH 10.5.5. Currently, I'm running off of Kalyway 10.5.2 and would like to get up to 10.5.5.

Is it possible to update directly to 10.5.5 from Kalyway 10.5.2? Without having to go through 10.5.3 and/or 10.5.4?

It is only slightly frustrating trying to find what I need since most resulting web articles and forum threads already contain the terms "10.5.2", "10.5.5", "10.5.3", "10.5.4"..... and many don't even seem to be relevant. So please, if you can, spell out your installation process and make sure to give specific details when appropriate.

I've made this topic so that anyone else who wants to update directly can find the info they need.

This is for updating from KALYWAY 10.5.2.

Thanks.

Hm. I'm not an expert on OSX86 of any sort, but you could try downloading the iDeneb 10.5.5 disc from a certain bay for pirates. And then install that over your current install (without reformatting)? I don't know if that would corrupt anything or not.

Or, if you want to just completely reinstall using iDeneb (only 10.5.5 disc i found, please tell if there are more, have not used it), that would work too.

I tried the combo update using netkas method but it trashed my install.. my best method is to use kalyway 10.5.3 combo , then upgrade to 10.5.4 delta, and finally upgrade to 10.5.5 delta using netkas method.

It's possible... I've just make upgrade :(

This what I do:

1. downloaded comboupdate 10.5.5 from Apple site

2. Installed this kext: http://www.filefactory.com/file/d5af89/n/I...sabler_kext_zip

3. Restart system

4. Started Terminal, went under sudo -s and after password enter run default for this situation script:

"while sleep 0.5; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done"

5. Launched update

6. During loading hit F8 and boot with '-v' key

7. Have fun ;)

Damn, forgot!!! Do not reboot while You don't make next step:

You also need to replace "Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext" to "dsmos.kext" in /System/InstallAtStartup/script/1

in terminal as admin type:

nano System/InstallAtStartup/script/1 and almost at the end of file this string

For me this file was unreachable, so I've to go to InstallAtStartup and unlock it for my account (also inner files and directories)

Damn, forgot!!! Do not reboot while You don't make next step:

You also need to replace "Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext" to "dsmos.kext" in /System/InstallAtStartup/script/1

in terminal as admin type:

nano System/InstallAtStartup/script/1 and almost at the end of file this string

For me this file was unreachable, so I've to go to InstallAtStartup and unlock it for my account (also inner files and directories)

Do you mean rename the file to "dsmos.kext"?

I did direct update but it messed up my keyboard and mouse driver i did that in T61.

any help.

After Apple 10.5.5 Comboupdate is missed my graphic card driver (QE unsupported), but it can be fixed.

As for mouse and keyboard, maybe they should, but I've Apple Keyboard and wireless mighty mouse.

If You have backup system, try copy those drivers from it.

• 4 weeks later...

in the terminal I try to navigate to System/InstallAtStartup/ but i got no such file directory exist

any help??

I can't find the file not even change the permission nor "GO" under "finder" type the path of the file

nothing worked

I already failed twice try to upgrade from 10.5.2 kalyway to 10.5.5

any help??

i also have kalyway installed on 4 laptop's , i used the kalyway combo update to 10.5.3 and from there on all official updates on intel machines without a hickup (just minor keyboard / mouse problems)

(for keyboard i used backuped appleps2controller.kext)

greetz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I updated my kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 now 3 times. I have done everything as the netkas method but I always end up rebooting to a still screening stating "using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster..." By the way I have done this on various machines and mine 3 times today, I must be missing something. My machine: core2duo E6550 2.33ghz, Asrock 1333-d667, 1gb ram.. Any help much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I went through .3 and .4 with some troubles but I came over them, but 10.5.5 totally broke my system. I am re-installing right now the KalyWay 10.5.2 and will update to 10.5.4 only + new Chameleon 2.0 RC1 (tested and works fine). I just need to boot wit sleepkernel > ENTER.*

I guess the 10.5.5 need EFI boot loader + Vanilla Kernel, the things I am never able to get, just guessing ..

I am following this guide:

http://######.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=48

* If anyone can help me set the sleepkernel as a default boot kernel, I will be thankful. Thank you

• 5 months later...
@moonlight

I typed in this:

nano System/InstallAtStartup/script/1

and I cant work out where to go from there, can you spell it out for me? I'm a n00b :)

Hi. If You just see empty editor in terminal, this can be same what I have. I'm even said about this

You have to locate "InstallAtStartup" in System folder via Finder. If You will see red sign with white brick, this mean, what you don't have rights to view this folder. Select "InstallAtStartup" folder, hit Cmd+I, in opened info panel go to "Sharing & permissions:" (hit on the lock icon and enter password) and add yourself in list of users there. Before close panel. After that, hit option wheel at the bottom of that info panel and choose: "Apply to enclosed items"

And than try again type nano System/InstallAtStartup/script/1 in terminal window. BTW, maybe will much better use:

sudo nano System/InstallAtStartup/script/1