INSTAHackintosh V04, The Very Versatile Patcher.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
515 replies to this topic

kamikaze

kamikaze

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Well... Let me add that although this looks like an interesting project, I m having a hard time following what's going on...

* Updates are lost in obscure posts, -> why not releasing complete distributions?
* The description is hard to read with several threads overlapping each other. Why is it in BOLD ? Why is it sooo long ?

Keep it simple for god sake! Not everybody is a guru...

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...
Blue-K: The final size for my INSTAHackintosh is 26.12GB so,i guess it's fine for you. Retail image,combo update,all the caches and the final iso. :)

Now..for all the people..version 03 is approved! As soon as STLVNUB post it. In the mean time i'm preparing a little "Guide" to help clear some doubts and see if the dvd works :) didn't tested it yet but by the look of the contents i know it will boot!..See y'a later..

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts

Definitely will stay stay tuned, looks like you simplified it for Noobs like me :blink: . If the new Version's ready this weekend, I will give it a try and report back :) .

One question: Do i realy need 50 GB free Space? Because I'm unable to have so much free space (Dual booting Vista, and I have a small Harddisk...). If I realy need 50 GB, have you any Ideas?

The scripting does a lot of caching.
You have Retail dmg 6.33g
10.5.5 combo pkg 0.61g
User PKG 0.??g
Cache Retail+combo 6.46g
System.dmg 2.98g
OSXInstaller.sparseimage 4.04g
Installer system 0.13g
Installer Packages 0.03g
MacOSXInstaller.iso 4.24g
Total 25.32g
Double that, just to be on safe side.
You MAY want to BUILD D/L DVD so need that buffer
Best to run INSTAHackintosh from another "Work" partition, instead of main system
and get yourself a bigger HD.

Leopard really works best on it's own drive with GUID partition.

Well... Let me add that although this looks like an interesting project, I m having a hard time following what's going on...

* Updates are lost in obscure posts, -> why not releasing complete distributions?
* The description is hard to read with several threads overlapping each other. Why is it in BOLD ? Why is it sooo long ?

Trying to keep it simple, posts could probably do with cleanup....Calling all mods.
I'm STilL V NU Be (get it) myself.
I'm no script guru etc just some dumb Aussie who loves Leopard and want to share my efforts.
You DON'T read all the posts do you??
I use bold to make the important bits stand out.

Next version WILL be complete package.
As I said before.

Blue-K: The final size for my INSTAHackintosh is 26.12GB so,i guess it's fine for you. Retail image,combo update,all the caches and the final iso. :blink:

Now..for all the people..version 03 is approved! As soon as STLVNUB post it. In the mean time i'm preparing a little "Guide" to help clear some doubts and see if the dvd works :blink: didn't tested it yet but by the look of the contents i know it will boot!..See y'a later..

Will Get cracking on V3, hopefully have it up later today.
Thanks for your efforts.

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...
Well..posting from another fresh install,this one made with future version 03.
Same running times as before..7/8 seconds to show gray apple,8/9 min to beach ball,28 min installation.Full build according to log took longer..almost two hours.Still have to test other build modes..Full mode takes longer cause STLVNUB tryed to perfect the other modes..let's se if he made it :(

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts

Well..posting from another fresh install,this one made with future version 03.
Same running times as before..7/8 seconds to show gray apple,8/9 min to beach ball,28 min installation.Full build according to log took longer..almost two hours.Still have to test other build modes..Full mode takes longer cause STLVNUB tryed to perfect the other modes..let's se if he made it :(

Could you send me the build logs on those 2hour builds, should be at least half that with your system specs.
Something not quite right.
My full builds take 63 minutes.

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
Yap..it's going :(

Edit: STLVNUB,you should not worry about that time..i think my pc is running a bit slower since i started using voodoo beta 2 and,i don't leave the computer alone while building :D i like to give him some work to test,so it slows down things a bit.I was surprised with the time..it seemed less but i was doing the guide,absorbed.Another thing that slows me down is my main HD..is very quiet but it's not a fast performer when it comes to read/write.

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

chill man! STLVNUB is SHARING his work-efforts (time + knowledge). that means, u have NO RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR ANYTHING! what u can (& should) do is to make a [polite] REQUEST. :D

besides, who says everything here in insanelymac SHOULD BE noob-friendly? :)

finding a guide here that is totally noob-friendly should only be considered as a bonus!

venorm

venorm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Well, now I also want to try this. I didn't read all the sites but the most of them.

So I first will start using the GUI.

I want to make a mac osx leopard 10.5.5 disc.
My question is are these steps right ?

1. Name the Retail Disc MAC OSX Installer.dmg
2. add the combo update 10.5.5 using the first button (add official apple updates)
3. to boot the system i think i need EFI(dsmos.kext) right? Should I make a pkg from the dsmos.kext and add it using the second button (add your own packages) or using the third button (add packages for DVD boot) ???
4. click build
5. click make

Anyway,
I only want to do this, because I need XCODE and I don't know how to install it while i run the system. If someone could help me to extract XCODE from the reail DVD and install it on the system it would be great! THANKS!

bye,
venorm

And as many others said before: Really great work!!!

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts

chill man! STLVNUB is SHARING his work-efforts (time + knowledge). that means, u have NO RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR ANYTHING! what u can (& should) do is to make a [polite] REQUEST. :)

besides, who says everything here in insanelymac SHOULD BE noob-friendly? :wacko:

finding a guide here that is totally noob-friendly should only be considered as a bonus!

Well put , Thanks.
Just putting finishing touches to V3.
You guys are gonna love it.
IT kicks A***

Azimutz will get first try, then if he gives thumbs up.
Will post link
The Countdown begins.....Now!!!!

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
Yap..it's getting hot..i'm wayting :censored2:

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts
Azimutz You Have Mail.

Decided to skip a version and go straight to 4

My beta tester is trying it out and when he gives thumbs up I'll give link on page one.

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts

Well, now I also want to try this. I didn't read all the sites but the most of them.

So I first will start using the GUI.

I want to make a mac osx leopard 10.5.5 disc.
My question is are these steps right ?

1. Name the Retail Disc MAC OSX Installer.dmg
2. add the combo update 10.5.5 using the first button (add official apple updates)
3. to boot the system i think i need EFI(dsmos.kext) right? Should I make a pkg from the dsmos.kext and add it using the second button (add your own packages) or using the third button (add packages for DVD boot) ???
4. click build
5. click make

Anyway,
I only want to do this, because I need XCODE and I don't know how to install it while i run the system. If someone could help me to extract XCODE from the reail DVD and install it on the system it would be great! THANKS!

bye,
venorm

And as many others said before: Really great work!!!

Thanks for the kind words, good to know my efforts are appreciated.

Gui only works with V1.
But V1 is very buggy.

V4 will be out in a couple of hours and has menu system.
Works very well now.
You guys will love it.

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,156 posts
7.6.5.4.3.2.1 Liftoff!!!!

Page one updated
Here's the link

Thanks to my Beta tester Azimutz
and everyone else.
Enjoy....
Now to hit the sack.
Later....

kamikaze

kamikaze

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Nice,

Will give it a try this we.

Also, I like the new description. ;-)

cheers,

geiman

geiman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Very nice, looking forward to getting home and playing with this!

aprodigy

aprodigy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 524 posts
talked to STLVNUB and we came to the agreement, that it's time to close this thread, here and now.
we're at page '13' (26 at 25 per page).

v4 is released.

and this sub-forum is for 'new releases and updates' and the discussion about it.
IT IS NOT about how something gets installed, configured, updated or set up!

however, we all honor the work STLVNUB is doing for this community and we do hope, there's going to be further progress.
so, he will set up a new thread in here as soon there's an update that needs to become announced.

but remember: discuss the release itself in here, the use of it over here: http://forum.insanel...p?showforum=136

-aprodigy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy