[TOTALLY VANILLA] Retail Leopard Install with EFI-strings support [Powered by Chameleon 2.0]

MACinized

344 posts in this topic

No i backed up Macintosh with Time Machine and then used the DVD boot disc to restore only that partition. Then upon rebooting and using the MacLoader to load (as per usual), i was greeted with a waiting for root error and it never loaded. Can I use Time Machine to Back Up both partitions?

when did u setup "MacLoader"? did u get it to work already prior to restoring your Time-Machine-backed-up "Macintosh"? upon rebooting to your newly-restored "Macintosh", are u sure your "MacLoader" partition is still set active?

MACinized, Thankd for your work. Right Now I'm using Efi Boot, which works really well, but (there is always a but) it doesn"t support software Raid (2,3,4...disks) since your method is based on chameleon efi, will it work with Software Raid? Also another question, will the boot partition can be hidden on OSX to doesn't be shown in the finder?

MACinized, Thankd for your work. Right Now I'm using Efi Boot, which works really well, but (there is always a but) it doesn"t support software Raid (2,3,4...disks) since your method is based on chameleon efi, will it work with Software Raid? Also another question, will the boot partition can be hidden on OSX to doesn't be shown in the finder?

have no idea about getting this to work with raid but i believe it's worth a try. i guess karaakeha1's guide for setting up raid also uses chameleon.

hiding the "MacLoader" partition is already provided in the guide (post#1). but well, u do this in terminal:

sudo nano /etc/fstab

(enter your password)

uuid="MacLoader's UUID" none hfs rw,noauto

[ctrl]+o (to save)

[enter]

[ctrl]+x (to exit)

updated post#1. did some cleaning in the guide and added "updater" script.

hi, MACinized

just wonder, in the install step #4, create 2 partitions with what kind of schema (mbr or guid)?

thanx!

Can you use boot.plist ? If so where would you put it ?

it's already covered by the macloader script. a copy of the Boot.plist is put in the /L/P/SystemConfiguration in the bootloader-partition (MacLoader) which u can freely edit after running the script.

Is anyone with a Nvidia graphics card (using NVinject v.2.1.0 on 10.5.5) able to get sleep working with this method? I've installed the two kexts from superhai (www.superhai.com) but I am not able to get sleep working. According the kextstat, the EHCISleepEnabler.kext is loaded and should be working properly, but My computer fails to go to sleep properly. The display turns off but it never goes to the point where the Power LED is pulsing. When it is in this state of pseudo sleep, when I press the power to wake it up, nothing happens and i am forced to hold down the power button to do a hard restart.

I am on a Dell XPS m1330 with Nvidia 8400m GS card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

I was following this guide (thanks it's author) with the Macloader v1.1

Installing 10.5.1 Fine, launching From HDD was OK (installed Chameleon and script macloader.sh from v1.1).

So I updated to 10.5.5 Fine.

But It seems to hang up now if i Launch the script in order to rebuild Extensions.mkext (macloader.sh From v1.1 or update.sh From v2 (No errors shown in the updater.log))

I can only Boot with the '-x' option (safe Mode).

If i use the Extensions.mkext made when I was on 10.5.1 it's boot normally.

I am stuck and can't install any more kext.

Is that Happen to someone ?

I apologize for a probably stupid question...

"12. Open Terminal then “cd” to where you unzipped MacLoader (refer to step 9)." What does "cd" mean?

Also is there a particular location to unzip macloader_rev2.zip

Thanks!

cd = change directory

no particular location since u are to "cd" to wherever u unzip it.

Could this method and the similar boot-from-hacked-EFI-partition-to-totally-vanilla-installation method (posted by Munky) be merged with the native RAID guide (posted by karaakeha1) to produce an ultimate totally vanilla on raid setup plan? I am tempted to play with these options next as I have 4 SATA hard disks which might be needing a good cleanout and rebuild soon ...

Could this method and the similar boot-from-hacked-EFI-partition-to-totally-vanilla-installation method (posted by Munky) be merged with the native RAID guide (posted by karaakeha1) to produce an ultimate totally vanilla on raid setup plan? I am tempted to play with these options next as I have 4 SATA hard disks which might be needing a good cleanout and rebuild soon ...

i think that would be very doable. hope u cld get it going then. when u do, kindly post a feedback here and i would suggest u create a guide for it.

good luck.

MACnized I installed the system but i could not make a partiton of 200mb only thing i could make was 900mb is there a way to shrink this partition and but extra space back on main drive. I am a mac newbie but your guide was on the money

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

hi all

I really would like to try this method, but I've not understand well wich kext I have to add to create the boot cd.

For example, in my current Leopard, for the graphic card (8800 gts) I've used EFI string, for the audio I've used taruga's patcher, the rest worked out of the box, and I'm using Vanilla Kernel.

So which kext should I add?

thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I've used the modified IONetworkingFamily.kext to run Time Machine.

This is one that I should add?

And for the audio should I add the (modified by taruga's patcher) AppleHDA.kext?

I know... a lot of question....