• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Oystersubmariner

Oystersubmariner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My previous install (with Boardcom Ethernet) goes like this- at the end of the install it stated install failed but once reboot it was good.

Second install went without a glitch with 5751 as Ethernet and the end screen says perfect install.

Once I reboot for the first time, panic screen show up with errors on the Ethernet.

Again, once rebooted, the machine works like a charm. Some tweak here and there with the network setting got the machine work as it should.

Thanks for the great thread, very informational indeed.

Rob

Hello again,

Never mind the option button during install.

Here's my build and it works great, only thing missing is my Ethernet card in which I'll sort out later.

iDeneb_v1.4_10.5.6
Voodoo Kernel
ICHx Chipset
AC97 Sound Card
Boardcom - not working (AppleBCM5751Ethernet may work, will update)
Seatbelt Fix

Cheers
Rob

Dickyc1981

Dickyc1981

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi guys,

I was hoping for a little help with my D530.

I have installed JaS 10.5.4 which works for a while then starts to get kernel panic ever increasingly then wont boot.

I have just tried iDeneb V1.4 10.5.6 which kernel panics at the start of the install process.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?

Thanks in advance!

Rich.

nystedt

nystedt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi everyone!
I have been trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my HP D530 and it seems to be working fine. But graphics seems to provide me with an error each boot if i do not boot with -x -v). I have ordered a new Nvidia 5200 and will try tomorrow when it arrives. I have not tried network or audio, but will do so later today.

Has anyone got this machine to be 100% working (100% for me is no kernel error, and drivers for audio, network) on Leopard regardless of version or release?

Dickyc1981

Dickyc1981

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, sorry to cut in!

Can i ask what settings you used? I am eager to get this installed and working as my D530 is my audio computer and would love to run Logic again!

Thanks and sorry again!

Rich.

Hi everyone!
I have been trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my HP D530 and it seems to be working fine. But graphics seems to provide me with an error each boot if i do not boot with -x -v). I have ordered a new Nvidia 5200 and will try tomorrow when it arrives. I have not tried network or audio, but will do so later today.

Has anyone got this machine to be 100% working (100% for me is no kernel error, and drivers for audio, network) on Leopard regardless of version or release?

nystedt

nystedt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, sorry to cut in!

Can i ask what settings you used? I am eager to get this installed and working as my D530 is my audio computer and would love to run Logic again!

Thanks and sorry again!

Rich.

If you are asking me, I have not yet tested the audio, but will try to do so during this weekend. I have now inserted the Nvidia 5200 and my plan is to get Aperture working so audio is not a priority for me.

Localbastard

Localbastard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
will everything work here?

i installed ideneb 10.5.6, and i got a problem with sleep, it can wake up again.
anybody knows how to fix this?

what about the display? no kext files for it?

what setting did you people use when you installed?

nystedt

nystedt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I have got my HP D530 SFF to work perfect (have not tested the sleep but). All I did was to follow this guide: http://astrair.com/blog/?p=10

Now when I have tried to install the GeForce FX 5200 I'm not so successful! I have tried all sorts of kext but nothing works.

Tried to install Natit.kext
Tried to install NVkushInstaller.pkg
Tried to install gf5200.zip
Tried to install NVinject.kext

Nothing works, I cant get past the boot screen.

Any ideas?

anubis_cray

anubis_cray

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi All, After my crash course on hackintosh..I've managed to successfully install jas 10.4.8, iATKOSv1.0ir2 (needed dvd to boot)
And last night got jas 10.5.4 working with the stagexnu kernal..
Little question..on first boot after installation in loads as far as the light grey screen with working/active cursor that i can move around.
The way I solved it was to reboot..hit f8 and booted with rd=rdisk0s1..

It now booted into 10.5.4 fine and has booted straight from the hdd ever since without the need to enter rd=rdisk0s1..

So can someone explain to me what rd=rdisk0s1 did? Im pleased it worked and fixed it but I can't work out how it solved the prob..

If anyone is interested the settings for jas 10.5.4 for a hp d530
are

Stagexnu
Intel ich (device)
Smircon driver

Works nice!!

thanks again..

What about the video did you manage to chage resolution and activate quatz extreame?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy