• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

magnat2

magnat2

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

I have a stupid question, where is the user scripts folder ? how install/execute the script ?

In my case the network card is en0 is necessary edit the script for that works ?

Thanks.

In applications you have an application named "Apple Scripts" , there is the user scripts folder and the preferences pane so that you can mark the "Place scripts icon in the top bar" mark, once you have done that you go to the top bar>scripts icon>open user scripts folder and place the script there, once you have done this just plug in the Lan cable and go to scripts icon>Broadcom5787On and you should be able to connect once you write your password, you dont need to edit anything for the script to work..

Good luck:)

collit99

collit99

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

In applications you have an application named "Apple Scripts" , there is the user scripts folder and the preferences pane so that you can mark the "Place scripts icon in the top bar" mark, once you have done that you go to the top bar>scripts icon>open user scripts folder and place the script there, once you have done this just plug in the Lan cable and go to scripts icon>Broadcom5787On and you should be able to connect once you write your password, you dont need to edit anything for the script to work..

Good luck:)

How about an App or script that can load/unload a kext? Sleep don't work with this kext.

alain30100

alain30100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

Installing on Acer Aspire Notebook 7720z. Device configured, internet working. Thanks a lot..but !

Reboot then crash ! No more boot even with -x, -v, -s (Tiger 10.4.8 version)

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance for help !

Alain.

ulin

ulin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Hi,

Installing on Acer Aspire Notebook 7720z. Device configured, internet working. Thanks a lot..but !

Reboot then crash ! No more boot even with -x, -v, -s (Tiger 10.4.8 version)

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance for help !

Alain.

Hey i have the sme laptop and everything works fine for me (albeit I have Leopard 10.5.4 installed), maybe upgrading to leo would help?

alain30100

alain30100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Thanks Ulin, I'm downloading it..slowwwwly

Btw did you manage to make the wifi board working ?!

AR5416 Atheros AR5008 Wireless Network adapter

Thanks !

ulin

ulin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Yeah the wifi worked out of the box for me with the Kallyway 10.5.2 install dvd, I'm not even sure which kext it uses :)
In fact, _everything_ works on my lappy now except for the tvout but I think I need to research a bit more on that (nvidia 8400GS 256mb).

quinielascom

quinielascom

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
Thanks magnat2, your script works without problems, but, to me like that the same script can load/unload the kext, the issue here is that after load the driver kext for 5787M the Sleep function no works (same problem that have collit99).

nobb1x

nobb1x

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Thanks magnat2, your script works without problems, but, to me like that the same script can load/unload the kext, the issue here is that after load the driver kext for 5787M the Sleep function no works (same problem that have collit99).

Sorry but the kext can't be unloaded, it crash.

Until someone make a proper port of the linux/freebsd driver we have to live with this.

alain30100

alain30100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi

I finally installed Jas 10.5.2 and it's working fine on my Acer 7720z.

Video : ok ( GM965 ) for the intel onboard video (not same board as you Ulin). It uses X3100 driver in fact.

Touchpad and keyboard : ok

Sound : ( Alc 268 ) patched with TarugaACL268Installer5.app then AppleHDA.kext (then repair permissions)

Network : ( Broadcom5787M ) patched with AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext + script

Upgraded system through online Update everything except Os 10.5.5 update

I'm only missing the wifi board now : AR5416 Atheros AR5008 Wireless Network adapter

Someone got a solution for that ?!

Thank you all ! :D

Alain.

quinielascom

quinielascom

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

How about an App or script that can load/unload a kext? Sleep don't work with this kext.

In my laptop always need wireless network but not ethernet, then i modified the script BCM5787 of magnat2 for what load the driver & promisc mode only when i need use the network adapter, i only add 2 lines before that promisc commands are executed:

delay 5

do shell script "sudo kextload /AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext" password "YourAdminPwd" with administrator privileges

The delay is for wait that driver is full loaded without delay sometimes no work ...

AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext is in the root folder but i make this invisible with setFile (only a cosmetic fix).

At least only losses the sleep function only when i need wired network.

qzl722

qzl722

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
my thinkpad R61E WITH BCM5787M 14e4:1693 uses your kext, did not work, i delete other 5751kext,and use KEXT HELPER to install it ,but after install it ,i get panic ,and reboot aslo panic ,could not log into the system.?help me ?how do you install?

magnat2

magnat2

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

my thinkpad R61E WITH BCM5787M 14e4:1693 uses your kext, did not work, i delete other 5751kext,and use KEXT HELPER to install it ,but after install it ,i get panic ,and reboot aslo panic ,could not log into the system.?help me ?how do you install?

Try booting in safe mode, with -x at darwin boot screen, and install this kext (Its the original one, the one that you have deleted) with kext helper...
Good luck!

Attached Files

qzl722

qzl722

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I install the 5787M.kext sucessfully, and get the mac address .and get a ip (192.168.1.111 from my router),but i can not get the interenet ,why?here are the pictures.,help.me......

Attached Files

xghost

xghost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
kext seems to work here, but it kills sleep.

macita

macita

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
DOESNT WORK IN SHARED WINDOWS DOMAIN NETWORKS!! (surf on the web is ok)

I have here 2 laptops hackintosh, my toshiba and a travelmate 6410 with this Broadcom 5758M, with the toshiba i can surf the shared folder in the domain company lan, when i use the Travelmate (my official work notebook), after some folders i get kernel panic.

Can u fix or check it?

thnx anyway for your work very appreciated!

nobb1x

nobb1x

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

DOESNT WORK IN SHARED WINDOWS DOMAIN NETWORKS!! (surf on the web is ok)

I have here 2 laptops hackintosh, my toshiba and a travelmate 6410 with this Broadcom 5758M, with the toshiba i can surf the shared folder in the domain company lan, when i use the Travelmate (my official work notebook), after some folders i get kernel panic.

Can u fix or check it?

thnx anyway for your work very appreciated!

hmm, i can check but i can't test, it gave kernel panic before because of a wrong value in buffer size, maybe there is another routine still unpatched around.

I install the 5787M.kext sucessfully, and get the mac address .and get a ip (192.168.1.111 from my router),but i can not get the interenet ,why?here are the pictures.,help.me......

Man, you don't get an address from your router, you set it manually, as your pics show.
are you sure that address is correct?, your router hasn't a DHCP server? what happen if you let the lan card get the address automatically?
try to ping your router from a terminal window, try also to type ifconfig and look if the
promiscuous mode is enabled
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,PROMISC,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
if not enabled the lan will not work!!!
if the set_promisc script fail, you can try to force promiscuous mode using the terminal command "sudo tcpdump" then open another terminal and try again the ifconfig.

macita

macita

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

hmm, i can check but i can't test, it gave kernel panic before because of a wrong value in buffer size, maybe there is another routine still unpatched around.

Ok nobb1x, let me know , may i can test whenim at work (heheh)... send me a msg when u find this routine..

qzl722

qzl722

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Man, you don't get an address from your router, you set it manually, as your pics show.
are you sure that address is correct?, your router hasn't a DHCP server? what happen if you let the lan card get the address automatically?
try to ping your router from a terminal window, try also to type ifconfig and look if the
promiscuous mode is enabled
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,PROMISC,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
if not enabled the lan will not work!!!
if the set_promisc script fail, you can try to force promiscuous mode using the terminal command "sudo tcpdump" then open another terminal and try again the ifconfig.

thx,very much ,i do as you say ,i work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thx. but one problem,when i you skype to voice chat ,the skype crash ...

peterderkonig

peterderkonig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a BCM5787M in my laptop (Thinkpad R61e with Kalyway 10.5.2) and keep having the system hang when I try and boot with the kext installed. I install it, and it freezes in about 5-10s, and then it hangs about 10s after BSD root when booting up.

Any ideas? I've already removed all other BCM kexts, both in /System/Library/Extensions as well as in IONetworkingFamily.kext/PlugIns.

To clarify, it doesn't actually kernel panic, just freezes.

xghost

xghost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
working here, but kills sleep... Any way to get sleep working again? Great work though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy