Broadcom BCM5787M/BCM5784M - A solution

nobb1x

246 posts in this topic

my thinkpad R61E WITH BCM5787M 14e4:1693 uses your kext, did not work, i delete other 5751kext,and use KEXT HELPER to install it ,but after install it ,i get panic ,and reboot aslo panic ,could not log into the system.?help me ?how do you install?

my thinkpad R61E WITH BCM5787M 14e4:1693 uses your kext, did not work, i delete other 5751kext,and use KEXT HELPER to install it ,but after install it ,i get panic ,and reboot aslo panic ,could not log into the system.?help me ?how do you install?

Try booting in safe mode, with -x at darwin boot screen, and install this kext (It´s the original one, the one that you have deleted) with kext helper...

Good luck!

BCM57XX.kext.zip

DOESNT WORK IN SHARED WINDOWS DOMAIN NETWORKS!! (surf on the web is ok)

I have here 2 laptops hackintosh, my toshiba and a travelmate 6410 with this Broadcom 5758M, with the toshiba i can surf the shared folder in the domain company lan, when i use the Travelmate (my official work notebook), after some folders i get kernel panic.

Can u fix or check it?

thnx anyway for your work very appreciated!

DOESNT WORK IN SHARED WINDOWS DOMAIN NETWORKS!! (surf on the web is ok)

I have here 2 laptops hackintosh, my toshiba and a travelmate 6410 with this Broadcom 5758M, with the toshiba i can surf the shared folder in the domain company lan, when i use the Travelmate (my official work notebook), after some folders i get kernel panic.

Can u fix or check it?

thnx anyway for your work very appreciated!

hmm, i can check but i can't test, it gave kernel panic before because of a wrong value in buffer size, maybe there is another routine still unpatched around.

I install the 5787M.kext sucessfully, and get the mac address .and get a ip (192.168.1.111 from my router),but i can not get the interenet ,why?here are the pictures.,help.me......

Man, you don't get an address from your router, you set it manually, as your pics show.

are you sure that address is correct?, your router hasn't a DHCP server? what happen if you let the lan card get the address automatically?

try to ping your router from a terminal window, try also to type ifconfig and look if the

promiscuous mode is enabled

en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,PROMISC,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

if not enabled the lan will not work!!!

if the set_promisc script fail, you can try to force promiscuous mode using the terminal command "sudo tcpdump" then open another terminal and try again the ifconfig.

hmm, i can check but i can't test, it gave kernel panic before because of a wrong value in buffer size, maybe there is another routine still unpatched around.

Ok nobb1x, let me know , may i can test whenim at work (heheh)... send me a msg when u find this routine..

Man, you don't get an address from your router, you set it manually, as your pics show.

are you sure that address is correct?, your router hasn't a DHCP server? what happen if you let the lan card get the address automatically?

try to ping your router from a terminal window, try also to type ifconfig and look if the

promiscuous mode is enabled

en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,PROMISC,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

if not enabled the lan will not work!!!

if the set_promisc script fail, you can try to force promiscuous mode using the terminal command "sudo tcpdump" then open another terminal and try again the ifconfig.

thx,very much ,i do as you say ,i work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thx. but one problem,when i you skype to voice chat ,the skype crash ...

I have a BCM5787M in my laptop (Thinkpad R61e with Kalyway 10.5.2) and keep having the system hang when I try and boot with the kext installed. I install it, and it freezes in about 5-10s, and then it hangs about 10s after BSD root when booting up.

Any ideas? I've already removed all other BCM kexts, both in /System/Library/Extensions as well as in IONetworkingFamily.kext/PlugIns.

To clarify, it doesn't actually kernel panic, just freezes.

please someone can help about Broadcom BMC5906 kext for Leopard 10.5.4???

any solution or ideas are welcome... please!!! :P:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

please someone can help about Broadcom BMC5906 kext for Leopard 10.5.4???

any solution or ideas are welcome... please!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Yes, bcm5787m work, but now I can't use "Sleep" function! Laptop's display is off, but fan, LEDs, and more another - steel work.

And only long press power button can help!

Can somebody chek it?

I have Acer Aspire 4310. + Kalyway 10.5.2 (vanilla kernel 9.2.2)

Hi,

I have Hexedited the BCM5787M Kext with the BCM5784M ID (14e4 1698) and it works!!!!!!!

Thank you Nobb1X :|

Here is the kext to install, use Kexthelper, repair permissions and reboot

Just follow Nobb1X instructions (Readme file in zip with the kext) to change MAC adress and to be able to connect...

Broadcom_5784M.zip

Here is the link to download the Magnat2's script which makes utilisation easier :)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=916658

and his "how to" to install the script in menu

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=920932

• Like 1

when i kextload the driver, a message appears that new ethernet interface is there, but after a few seconds i get kernel panic.

when i use kexthelper, i get kernel panic at startup...

does anyone have a solution for this?

Hmmm, the same problem happened to OmegaX during the test phase of the kext, he solved, i think with a whole new installation, but try to IM he if he's still around

Hi,

I have Hexedited the BCM5787M with the BCM5784M (14e4 1698) ID and it works!!!!!!!

Thank you Noob1X :D

Here is the kext to install with Kexthelper

Just follow Noob1X instructions to change MAC adress and to be able to connect...

Broadcom_5784M.zip

Here is the link to download the Magnat2's script which makes utilisation easier ;)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=916658

good job, i ì've modified the thread title and added your post to the first. ty