[HOW TO] Patch AppleHDA - Knowledge Base

THe KiNG

392 posts in this topic

I haven't had much luck searching but is there still no way to get AppleHDA to work on EFI?

Just to elaborate a bit more.. I have a Maximus Formula mobo and the Taruga HDA patched driver works great from /S/L/E but I'm trying to keep everything on EFI. Is there still no way for this?

Hi, i did the installation for the ADI2000b card, and everything works great except for the front panel. They appear in the System Profiler:

post-335782-1243968066_thumb.png

Cuffie = Headphones

Uscita = Line Out

Microfono = Microphone

Ingresso = Line In

but not in the System Preferences:

post-335782-1243968132_thumb.png

As you can see, no Headphones here... only back panel channels, and no audio at all comes from the front panel. Any idea??

Also, the Microphone works but the volume is really low... people at the other hand can hardly hear. While the Line In doesn't seem to work... In fact, it looks like it registers the Output sound.

strange thing happened today

i was playing with voodoohda and i even removed the original applehda.kext from s/l/e to a backup folder

then i realized that the voodoohda was no good solution because i didnt have linein and i need it

so i put everything back as it was before : applehda.kext in s/l/e and hdaenabler,adi1998bfix in extra/extensions

with this i used to have everything working and linein

but now i get allways kp with the original 10.5.7 applehda.kext! :(

i didnt modify it at all, i just moved it and then put it back

strange thing is that this system was perfect for 2 weeks after the 10.5.7 update

so what changed now?

all i did was copy/paste (installed the kext with kexthelper,)

i even tried repair permissions and i saw in the log that it repair a lot of applehda.kext

but still no boot. kp in the hda (where is the kp log.. cant find it in console)i had to use the voodoohda instead

any ideas? :D

can somebody post a 10.5.6 vanilla applehda.kext to try?

with voodoohda i cannot even use garageband (no core audio)

EDIT: found a 10.5.6 applehda and now everything is like before

I haven't had much luck searching but is there still no way to get AppleHDA to work on EFI?

Just to elaborate a bit more.. I have a Maximus Formula mobo and the Taruga HDA patched driver works great from /S/L/E but I'm trying to keep everything on EFI. Is there still no way for this?

You mean like adding device properties in com.apple.Boot.plist (which a lot of people here call EFI strings)? I guess not, but if yes... then I can tell you that I used to use it to add the layout-id and PinConfigurations (no more HDAEnabler.kext please, and without DSDT hacking).

These days however I use the vanilla 10.5.7 AppleHDA.kext for my ALC883 (PK5-PRO) with a patched /dsdt.aml (HDEF section added) but it still requires LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext

Asus p5ke-wifi/ap bios 1202

AD1988B

osx 10.5.7

dsdt "added the code, under the last usb node in the dsdt"

+ AD1988b.HDA.FIX.kext

back working:

built-in speaker=green

line-out=black

line-out=orange

not working:

any of the mic's / line-in

front panel "headphone/mic"

dmesg/console:

Sound assertion "result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2416 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 != widget->setConnectionSelectNodeID ( fSelectionsForEachWidget[inputWidgetIndex] )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAPath.cpp" at line 695 goto Exit

when headphone is plugged in, Sound "system preferences" changes from built-in>headphone and audio stops playing out of the green jack, but it won't start playing on the green jack on the front panel

The king Question:

Do I have to edit both the dsdt and the plist in the hdafix.kext or is making changes in the hdafix enough?

----------------------------------------------------------Update----------------------------------------------------------------------

All seems stable, only Kernel Panic at boot time when headphone is plugged in at front panel...

HDAenabler needs edit to work on 10.5.7

Just keep in mind that there are at least 5 versions of HDAEnabler.kext that I have found floating around.

MD5								   File						   Size
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2c9fb3832f40d952223b066b0aa60d9d ./0d9d/HDAEnabler.kext/Contents/MacOS/HDAEnabler  26168
034465caca7733ccdd3e492013df57e7 ./57e7/HDAEnabler.kext/Contents/MacOS/HDAEnabler  29256
848cb12dd136614f360d89b91e61ca99 ./ca99/HDAEnabler.kext/Contents/MacOS/HDAEnabler  26328
9921ab5db77c3c9a1c9a3ed5fa21e8bd ./e8bd/HDAEnabler.kext/Contents/MacOS/HDAEnabler  25732
a19878d2a73865a39eb50fe35447ec58 ./ec58/HDAEnabler.kext/Contents/MacOS/HDAEnabler  28504

They can have different Info.plist files as well and the majority report version 1.0.0d1.

The one THe KiNG has linked appears to be the most recent (0d9d above at version 1.0.1) and will work with 10.5.7 without modification.

• 4 weeks later...
The one THe KiNG has linked appears to be the most recent (0d9d above at version 1.0.1) and will work with 10.5.7 without modification.

Does anyone still have a link to that version of the file?

And how come THe KiNG decided to scrap the guide?

I am in possession of a Maximus II Formula with a Supreme FX X-FI (AD2000b)

Based on the driver, I can only use line-out. I have the install gone wrong?

What can I do so that I can use Micro?

For help I thank in advance!

Sorry for my bad English!

I am in possession of a Maximus II Formula with a Supreme FX X-FI (AD2000b)

Based on the driver, I can only use line-out. I have the install gone wrong?

What can I do so that I can use Micro?

For help I thank in advance!

Sorry for my bad English!

Try this http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmtj1j2xmyr/AD 2000B.zip

That helps you to install it right http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm5ldegngm4/...by.cVad.dmg.zip

It should work for you. If it don't work , P.M. me ,please.

Sorry for my bad English too.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, i did the installation for the ADI2000b card, and everything works great except for the front panel. They appear in the System Profiler:

post-335782-1243968066_thumb.png

Cuffie = Headphones

Uscita = Line Out

Microfono = Microphone

Ingresso = Line In

but not in the System Preferences:

post-335782-1243968132_thumb.png

As you can see, no Headphones here... only back panel channels, and no audio at all comes from the front panel. Any idea??

Also, the Microphone works but the volume is really low... people at the other hand can hardly hear. While the Line In doesn't seem to work... In fact, it looks like it registers the Output sound.

Exact same situation here!

What would it take to tie up the three line-out ports that are shown into one 5.1 channel setup without using an aggregate device, and fix the front panel ports??

Is this possible?

If not the surround stuff, just the front panel ports I need working... That'd be perfect.

If someone has any idea, I'd appreciate it and test. The kexts used here are the ones posted by The King a few pages back.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but I have an old Intel D945-GCCR motherboard with a Realtek ALC883 that I'm trying to get audio working on. I used to use VoodooHDA, but it is causing panics on mountain lion.

I have dumped the codec from linux, did all the necessary patching and info.plist edits, but have not been able to get the audio to output. I resorted to some legacy kexts and HDAenabler, which finally got the device recognized, but no sound. I think it is an address issue, since my codec dump indicates address 2, but the verbs for most ALC883's seem to be 1. I'm really at a loss now.

If anyone can look at my codec dump and help with the info plist work, I would greatly appreciate the help. I usually just read all the guides and eventually learn enough to get everything working on my own, but it has been 3 days of working on it with no luck and I now hope someone with more knowledge can be nice enough to lend a hand...

Thanks in advance,

Wolfienuke

Files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/smozri98lfeeupk/Y0WVlBcRPt

OS X always expects the the codec address to be 0 and the pinconfigs I extracted from Windows 7 were also 0. Yet the linux codec dump was 2. I don't think it makes much of a difference, however. I've used 0 and 2 and the kext behaved exactly the same.

I was having trouble with my ALC883 in Lion until I got a tip to try patching out a different codec. All the tutorials online say to patch out ALC885, but this stopped working some time ago (perhaps since Lion). Instead, patch out ALC262. I now have my ALC883 almost fully-working (no front HP or "grey" analog out) using the ALC883 DSDT edit (layout id 12).

My old kext for 10.6.8 is here and you can get the info/xml files here. Hope this helps.