Three old AGP graphics cards: what will work 10.5.4?

Byrd

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm successfully running JaS 10.5.4 on an Abit Digidice system (Prescott P4 3Ghz, 1GB RAM/120GB HD, PCI wireless card); the system is fast and stable and everything is working well bar decent graphics support.

I've three AGP graphics cards, and I've searched all over the forums however none seem to be supported under Leopard (Tiger a different story). All seemingly will not work, or will required lot of work even if I did want to get them to work under Leopard - I'm aware they might be too old. Would any of them work with more time and effort - or should I just buy a cheap AGP Radeon 3850 and be done with it?

- ATI Radeon 9800XT (ASUS)

- ATI Radeon 9600 SE (ASUS, I think a {censored} 64-bit card)

- Geforce 4 MX

Does anyone have these cards working fully under Leopard? ... as mentioned, I've had no success with enabling CI/QE so far on any of these cards.

TIA,

JB

I have a ATI X1950 Pro AGP card working properly, after 6 months of research and testing :) What you need is included on the drivers Bronya included for 10.5.5. I suggest you install his drivers, and then mine (AGP variant). You'll need to add your device ID to the files needed and it should work.

Post here in case you have any questions. If you don't know where to start, give me a printscreen of your graphics card on Leo in System Profiler and I'll help you!