Intel GMA950 Laptops/Desktops with garbled display *Fixed*

HBP

38 posts in this topic

having gotten very frustrated with the just deal with it problem of mouse tearing I found an inventive way to fix the problem, I offer my advice, and my work as a try this and see if it works for you.

Attached is the Current Accel drivers and bundles from 10.5.5, and the old Fixed IntelIntagratedFrameBuffer.kext

as well as Callistohal, and Callisto's FB, is seems that when modding the GA.plugin as suggested in other threads for ATI cards, and using Callisto_B006 I can get Full CI/QE performance even though the System profiler says it's software not hardware Accel, the X bench scores are Better then when it was mouse tearing.

here is the Files to try, after a bit, I'll edit this to include links to the posts I am talking about, they are on my home Hack.

*Edit*

Links to the ATI forms that helped get CallistoFB working with the GMA950 Drivers

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t55534.html

this is currently configured for the 27A2 Displays, and gives full Acceleration without Any artifacts or mouse tearing with both internal and external video working.

Cheers and here is hoping that this Helps others.

Hbp112358

Intel_Drivers.working.zip

Thanks HBP112358

one sad thing is that i just found it after getting all the work done ..same as extracting from various install discs :wacko:

I was to help my brother who is abroad.

nice work from you.

hey do u have any Idea to get IntelPRO Wireless 3945ABG working ..

i've made emm try everything .. but he said he cant use the WiFi.

Thanks ...

I'll try it and report soon. Hope it doesn't break my install.

Edit: Oh my God, it actually worked. No more artifacts at all. I do however feel that graphics are a bit slower. I had to modify some ids to get it to work.

Edit 2: I found out why I have the slow down. Core image is now software accelerated and Quartz extreme is not supported.

I really don't get it... why aren't you guys using the simple efistrings, that works great and know it's easy to install using OSX86Tools with just 2 clicks.

I have a fujitsu laptop with the same GMA950 27A2 and from 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 I've never had a problem, never replaced a kext, just using the latest versions that came from apple, no mouse tearings, full CI/QE, opengl,Quartz extreme, high scores in xbench, the same as a friend with a GMA950 Macbook.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Edit 3: I have GMA950 with 2772 id. I guess this is why it didn't work properly.

SOLUTION for 0x2772 GMA 950:

Use stock from 10.5.6 for:

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

Install (*overwrite*) using the "Intel Drivers.working" Package:

ApleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (92 KB)

Callisto.kext (260 KB)

CallistoHAL.kext (36 KB)

With this method, I get monitor detection, resolution switching, and QE! *AND* it fixes Keynote '09, which can now play presentations w/o crashing.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
SOLUTION for 0x2772 GMA 950:

Use stock from 10.5.6 for:

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

Install (*overwrite*) using the "Intel Drivers.working" Package:

ApleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (92 KB)

Callisto.kext (260 KB)

CallistoHAL.kext (36 KB)

With this method, I get monitor detection, resolution switching, and QE! *AND* it fixes Keynote '09, which can now play presentations w/o crashing.

Good luck!

Hi.

I triede everything above. But I still have mouse tearings.

Someone can help me?

Tks a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think this will work with my laptop? Its a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 with an Intel GMA950 in it. From System profiler it shows this for my graphics/display info:

Graphics.jpg

My resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and my laptop has a 15" screen in it so it's looking pretty stretched and awful... Does anyone know how I might fix this?

Thanks, HistoryMac

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone no what this problem is i guessed it was my graphics drivers but if anyone can help me please :) if i go on most apps that need me to use graphics e.g safari+youtube the screen flashes and two resolutions at the sametime flash on and off rapidly i filmed with my cam please view and help if you can

Thanks guys =]

• 1 month later...
having gotten very frustrated with the just deal with it problem of mouse tearing I found an inventive way to fix the problem, I offer my advice, and my work as a try this and see if it works for you.

Attached is the Current Accel drivers and bundles from 10.5.5, and the old Fixed IntelIntagratedFrameBuffer.kext

as well as Callistohal, and Callisto's FB, is seems that when modding the GA.plugin as suggested in other threads for ATI cards, and using Callisto_B006 I can get Full CI/QE performance even though the System profiler says it's software not hardware Accel, the X bench scores are Better then when it was mouse tearing.

here is the Files to try, after a bit, I'll edit this to include links to the posts I am talking about, they are on my home Hack.

*Edit*

Links to the ATI forms that helped get CallistoFB working with the GMA950 Drivers

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t55534.html

this is currently configured for the 27A2 Displays, and gives full Acceleration without Any artifacts or mouse tearing with both internal and external video working.

Cheers and here is hoping that this Helps others.

Hbp112358

Solved! I have a Dell XPS M1210 with an Intel 945GM. The problem was the screen resolution (only 1024x768) while the correct one is 1280x800. Solution: I downloaded the zip you attached to the post, and installed all your .kext easily with Kext Helper ( http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html ). Restarted my Dell and voila! Screen resolution at 1280x800 and the OSX detected a Intel 950 graphics card. I used iAtkos 1.0R2 (osx 10.5.1). Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I always get a link/load error no matter what on every AppleIntelGMA950 kext I try. and my device is a 27a2.. Sony Vaio VGN-FE855E

would you happen to have a core2duo? I have the same problem on my Dell Inspiron. I've seen a number of people with core duo or core solo who have no problems getting their laptops and gma950 to work. I have seen not a single one who got gma950 together with core2duo to work. For my system kexts are never loaded and I am stuck at 1024x768 and I've tried a million and one solutions - no luck. Installed SL fine with every other hardware working except gma950.

would you happen to have a core2duo? I have the same problem on my Dell Inspiron. I've seen a number of people with core duo or core solo who have no problems getting their laptops and gma950 to work. I have seen not a single one who got gma950 together with core2duo to work. For my system kexts are never loaded and I am stuck at 1024x768 and I've tried a million and one solutions - no luck. Installed SL fine with every other hardware working except gma950.

Same here with my Latitude D520.

Snow Leopard just doesn't like my 27a2 GMA 950+Core2Duo. If I plug an external monitor, sometimes it works on the external and sometimes it doesn't. I can VNC into the machine and use it just fine that way too, so I know the OS is loading properly.

Even in Leopard, my GMA 950+Core2Duo produces artifacts or nothing at all. Even using the "display sleep trick", which doesn't work for me for some reason. Setup a hot corner for display sleep, start the computer, move my touchpad in the direction of the hot corner and get nothing.

*Shakes fist at Dell*

Same here with my Latitude D520.

Snow Leopard just doesn't like my 27a2 GMA 950+Core2Duo. If I plug an external monitor, sometimes it works on the external and sometimes it doesn't. I can VNC into the machine and use it just fine that way too, so I know the OS is loading properly.

Even in Leopard, my GMA 950+Core2Duo produces artifacts or nothing at all. Even using the "display sleep trick", which doesn't work for me for some reason. Setup a hot corner for display sleep, start the computer, move my touchpad in the direction of the hot corner and get nothing.

*Shakes fist at Dell*

well, I got mine to work. at least resolution works. all graphic kexts are stock. EFI string for gma950 and cpus=1 in com.apple.boot.plist and typing arch=i386 at Chameleon prompt. note that I tried every possible combination to add a kernel flag into the boot.plist to boot into 32bit. None of it works. The only thing that works is typing arch=i386 at boot.

btw. I am sorry to say that I'm glad to see I am not the only one with gma950 c2d problems. At least I am not the only one anymore. ..

Hi Guys,

I have a FSC notebook (specs below) and tried several drivers for my GMA945 (27A2). I either get a blue screen at booting or mouse lags.

Might I try the driver posted here directly (drag the .zip file to kext helper and then go?), or should I do some adaptations? Screen resolution should be 1400 x 1050.

Thanks!

Solved! I have a Dell XPS M1210 with an Intel 945GM. The problem was the screen resolution (only 1024x768) while the correct one is 1280x800. Solution: I downloaded the zip you attached to the post, and installed all your .kext easily with Kext Helper ( http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html ). Restarted my Dell and voila! Screen resolution at 1280x800 and the OSX detected a Intel 950 graphics card. I used iAtkos 1.0R2 (osx 10.5.1). Thanks!

i have the same exact laptop!thanks for sharing :)

Hi Guys,

I have a FSC notebook (specs below) and tried several drivers for my GMA945 (27A2). I either get a blue screen at booting or mouse lags.

Might I try the driver posted here directly (drag the .zip file to kext helper and then go?), or should I do some adaptations? Screen resolution should be 1400 x 1050.

Thanks!

With these drivers I get 1400 x 1050. However, Systems Profiler says "Quartz Extreme: Not Supported" and the mouse shows extreme lagging.

Any ideas how to solve the problem?

With these drivers I get 1400 x 1050. However, Systems Profiler says "Quartz Extreme: Not Supported" and the mouse shows extreme lagging.

Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Found some drivers here (including a Natit.kext) where I have full resolution, Hardware Acceleration and Quartz Supported, however the mouse lags don't disappear (even worse when I have an open terminal), even with VoodooPS2 driver.

Paulicat posted a Natit.kext for Laptops using the original AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from Leopard. Does anybody know for which version (I have 10.5.8)? Is it possible to extract this driver from the Update / Combo Update packages from Apple? If the Natit.kext is for an older version, is it possible to use the older driver in 10.5.8?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Well, me idiot, i tried to switch to 800*600 on my q1 ultra using the built-in control - oops it thinks it's out of range and, bummer, shows nothing on the screen. Vga out never worked, so now i have a runnin os without the screen. Any ideas on how can i reset the resolution? Reinstalling just the drivers with flushing cache didn't help. I now I can redo it from scratch but it ain't something I really want.

Any suggestons here?