Windows 7 M3 Build 6780 preview

sama7896

48 posts in this topic

article

i like the resizing thingy (where did i see it ... uuu , i know, mac os). Innovative as usual...

What resizing thingy? Contrary to what you believe Microsoft doesn't copy everything Apple does. Infact, I think you could say that Apple copies Microsoft. I like Leopard's transparency, oh wait. I saw that in Vista first. Hmmmm...

Sorry to get angry, but just because two things are similar, doesn't mean that one copied the other. Windows 7 is starting to look good and is starting to look different from Vista. And when it is released, its going to bash the {censored} out of Snow Leopard (as if Windows doesn't do that already).

Just my 2 cents.

article

i like the resizing thingy (where did i see it ... uuu , i know, mac os). Innovative as usual...

Oh My Allah!!! Microsoft using words, icons, pictures, symbols, menus, etc., etc., etc. in their operating system! Those bastards! They are copying Apple!

Cerally? Think people, think...

oh ok, in case you guys need to hear windows is the best thing that mankind ever did, here i go :

No it isn't!

I don't mean windows copies everything, just that it declares it innovates when there's actually no innovation from them. From what i see, they try to keep up with the feel of an actual OS while trying desperatelly to hold on to the compatibility side($$). That's a good thing, as vista does not need boot132 to run and it actually has more than a dozen games for it. But if you're using tiger 10.4.11, than that means there's actually something going on there! If you want buttons and start menus, stick to windows 95. It's all good there too. Innovate, that's the point ... Where is that in No7. They promised a lot of things for vista, and they created a hog , care to express your opinion on what will come out of this one ? My bet is a lot of smoke and mirrors, under a 3GHz-quad 4GBDDR3 minimum sys requirement .. ( ok i'm exagerating , maybe ddr2 will sufice)

edit: i've been a hardcore windows user for years. But when gaming just isn't enough, i moved on to a real OS. Thanks for your input, try to make this thread about what you think no7 is going to have and not argue about the fact you think windows is better. I respect your opinion, so be constructive.

oh ok, in case you guys need to hear windows is the best thing that mankind ever did, here i go :

No it isn't!

I don't mean windows copies everything, just that it declares it innovates when there's actually no innovation from them. From what i see, they try to keep up with the feel of an actual OS while trying desperatelly to hold on to the compatibility side($). That's a good thing, as vista does not need boot132 to run and it actually has more than a dozen games for it. But if you're using tiger 10.4.11, than that means there's actually something going on there! If you want buttons and start menus, stick to windows 95. It's all good there too. Innovate, that's the point ... Where is that in No7. They promised a lot of things for vista, and they created a hog , care to express your opinion on what will come out of this one ? My bet is a lot of smoke and mirrors, under a 3GHz-quad 4GBDDR3 minimum sys requirement .. ( ok i'm exagerating , maybe ddr2 will sufice)

edit: i've been a hardcore windows user for years. But when gaming just isn't enough, i moved on to a real OS. Thanks for your input, try to make this thread about what you think no7 is going to have and not argue about the fact you think windows is better. I respect your opinion, so be constructive.

I just didn't think that the opinion was really necessary. Microsoft DOES innovate. I'm sorry that Vista doesn't let you use your 7 year old computer and forces people to actually UPGRADE, but with my 2 GHz dual core and 3GB of RAM, I haven't had one lock up ever. Plus, Have you not seen the sidebar? The 3D Flip? The security features? Media Center? Any of that? And don't even freaking tell me that the sidebar is a rip off of Dashboard or Konfabulator, because it was in existance in the betas before those two we even being developed. Apple doesn't really innovate between releases, I mean, 10.0 through 10.4 all look the same. Given 10.5 looks different, but come on, they are basically doing a re-release of it with Snow Leopard. All they are doing is dropping PPC support and increasing performance. Yes, quicklook is a new feature, but VLC already can do this anyways. OS X is fun to screw around with and all, but with a compatibility level of 0, you can't get much done in the world of programs. I like OS X and Apple don't get me wrong, I have an iPod and I love it, but Microsoft definately has Apple beat in the world of computers. Done with my rant.

Anyways...

Can't wait for Windows 7.

article

The icon resizing thing? pretty sure you could resize icons in Windows since like windows 3.1. Yes, you can resize icons in Mac OS too, but its not necessarily Microsoft copying anyone. And where in OS X is there a similar way of resizing icons?

some of u guys are idiots.

commenting on something u never used before. Thats ignorent

oh btw Guess who as a copy.. oh ya me that who..HAHAHA I have a copy. but I not going spill the beans beside the following... (anything else u want to know go get a copy or read other blogs)

Microsoft has decided that Windows 7 won't include built-in programs for e-mail, photo editing, and movie making, as was done with Windows Vista.

The software maker included Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Mail, and Windows Movie Maker as part of Vista, but later chose to offer separate downloadable Windows Live programs that essentially replaced those components with versions that could connect to on line services from Microsoft and others.

what Microsoft is trying to do is cut out all th bloat ware and size down the os.

there going bak to only having a kernel, a GUI, and set of Administration tools, FireWall, spy/ad-ware tools, a Web Browser and a Media Player

all other useless junk is being scrapped and will be option as a download Thur Live services...

if you ask me about time. Vista and XP were both blotted.

but on the Hole Microsoft had apple beaten here first.

Microsft Live is to apples .Mac or (my Mac)

how ever Live waz born before .Mac was. Ever remember the first MSN messenger or Outlook.? maybe movie maker on windows ME? OH I know any one remember HOTMAIL.COM. all before OSX even showed? Sure it wazn't Live at the time but they all cam together to make Live

but lets face it both OS are going towards core installs and ever thing else will be optional over the cloud for cloud computing

whats the real nice thing about windows 7 is the face that all the driver support will be that of vista's u will not need to download new drivers. so the time windows 7 comes out there will be ardy a {censored} load of stable drivers alrdy for it

omg omg omg sama, you're an idiot. One thing you seem to forget is that apple "copied" from xerox the idea of a GUI. i guess ignorant {censored}s only hear what they want to though

kiko, where did you see the word "copy" in my posts ?

Ignorant as usual, you read what you want. The whole point was an observation about the window resizing to fit context in calculator. I haven't played with vista that much, but i don't remember seeing it there. What the f**k does that have to do with who copies what? Did i say os is better ? Did i say windows is better? Did i actually literally say windows copies apple ?!!!! Does the article say windows is copying apple? I did say windows is trying to keep up with the os interface evolution. But to go from the calculator resizing to calling me names in relation with who made a GUI, is an actual logical nonsense. Wtf does calculator resizing have to do with it? Why do you all understand i say windows copies everything? Guess you understand what you want ...

God ! Wow ! How long do we have to quarel about things like "who copied who" ! There are many things, useful things we would like to have. All of us ! Like instant search mind blowing ui etc. And when Ms built in search for Vista, many Mac fans said they copied spotlight. But that is not true. Ms showed the search feature before apple showed spotlight. It was not a rip off. There is a video somewhere on Youtube Ms didn't copy Apple spotlight, because spotligth is in the upper right corner and vista search is in the lower left ! Man ! What should Ms do? Hide it away where no one finds it? I don't like if someone is bashing MS because Vista didn't get to many features. What about Os X ? There are some new things like coverflow finder... etc. Many beautiful, but I think USELESS FEATURES !!! They are bulding things into OS X yearly, Ms gives out a new windows in min 3 years ! And by the way, what are the things u can do on a mac, but can't do on windows? The list is short i think, but what are the things u can do on windows and can't do on a mac? This list could be longer, much longer.

Something I can't ignore at the moment ! In my opinion there are problems with apple nowadays. Two years ago I watched the keynotes and was searching for my jaws. I tought Leo is beautiful, coverflow is awsome, then I tried it out, and realised it is not the way I want to browse my docs, videos, pictures. I think it is not so great. - oh and before I forget, I think coverflow isn't apples invention, just like itunes and the new itunes vis. and so on, and where did they get it from? They bought it , so apple is not so orignal as they are showing -Back to the problems. What did apple show us this year?

Nothing ! A second gen "4th gen nano" , a 3g iphone without MMS capability, a new ipod touch with a speaker and a new case! Mindblowing ! Next year or after it, they want to release snow leo, wich is leo, only released again. Am I wrong with these? And we are bashing Ms because Vista?

By the way , how the hell could apple still using those I'm a mac ads? They are funny, but a Mac is a PC in a white or Al case today ! Nothing more, nothing less, oh wait... less because I can buy a dell with much better specs cheaper ! I think apple is going to be " I have a mac, I am cool, you don't have it , you are {censored} " . Why people why?

What I want from Windows 7:

- More control over the 'Firewall' service.

- At least read support for non-NTFS/FATx partitions.

- Slimmer GUI. I don't want to feel like I'm playing with a child's brightly-colored block toy. Slim it up, give me more useable space that isn't fouled up by transparent window borders and clunky interface buttons.

- Less system resource consumption. Who'd've thought? An OS that actually runs MORE efficiently on the same hardware!

- Better error handling and crash control. This seems to be a greater Windows issue.

- Better typography. Windows kills my eyes while reading at 1920x1200 where other OS don't seem to have this effect.

Notice how I didn't name nor compare any other operating systems. This, boys and girls, is how you have a mature discussion.

Notice how I didn't name nor compare any other operating systems. This, boys and girls, is how you have a mature discussion.
Not comparing to the competition doesn't make a discussion mature, but rather unrealistic.

You see I thought Windows was an OK OS till I tried OS X. Free market means a product has to stack up with its competitors, or else it will eventually fail.

Anyways, I would like a highly customizable Windows installation option, where you could choose from drivers for example, or background activities that will run on your future installation. That would not only solve the stability issues, but would give a serious speed bump compared to the default one.

When you open Task Manager on a pristine Vista, you already see a lot of processes running, however, with some search in guides you can manage to reduce these processes without any feature loss. For example you are connected to the internet, but you have no local network. You can instantly stop 2 or 3 background processes which would cause the loss of a feature you didn't need anyway, so for you it's a win-win situation. Quicker boot, snappier windows.

Also, Windows has a lot of unneeded/barely needed stuff in it. My first thing would be to eliminate compatibility with 95/98/Me/2000. Companies and low-end PC users have these operating systems, and corporations can live with older software(some of them didn't even upgrade to xp yet), and low-end machines wouldn't be able to run it, so another bug-prone issue solved, another speed bump received.

And notice that I didn't mention any new development, but only eliminating {censored}.

Oh, and...

how ever Live waz born before .Mac was.
No, Live waznt born before .mac, you are probably talking about MSN.

I definitely like the idea of a more customizable Windows installation. However, I don't think it should be too customizable so say, Joe Blow doesn't get a BSoD or render the system unusable by playing around with the settings. I'd definitely like some small but really cool features, nothing that eats up the memory, but just gives the system an edge in the looks department. I think it would be nice if you could dock the Sidebar to the top or bottom too,(although, if you go that way, it probably couldn't be called Sidebar anymore). Some more games would be nice too :) .

u mean adjusting the DPI setting... funny ever windows can do that

No, homie.  That would make the font larger.  I don't want that.  I want better readability in the same size.  Go look at 12px font on Windows, Mac, and any flavor of Linux.  Then tell me you don't see a difference.

No, homie. That would make the font larger. I don't want that. I want better readability in the same size. Go look at 12px font on Windows, Mac, and any flavor of Linux. Then tell me you don't see a difference.

Personally, I think the default fonts on Ubuntu, OpenSuse, OpenSolaris, and Mac OS X are inferior in terms of crispness and readiblity compared to Windows Vista. Especially in programs such as Thunderbird, Firefox, and Office Applications... Just my opinion though.

At a resolution of 1650 x 1080 by the way.

For crying ou loud you lot, will you grow up. You're like kids in the playground: 'My dad's car can go 180', 'Well my dad's car has twin-turbo'. You guys are the same: 'MS copied Apple', 'Well Apple started it', 'You little s**t, I'll kill you!'.

Grow up and wait for Windows 7 and Snow Leopard to come out before making your opinions of both.