Black Bluetooth Apple Keyboard

kylegypo

8 posts in this topic

Im planning on spraying my aluminum keyboard black. I plan to cover each key individually or remove each key before hand.

but before I do, can anyone recommend me a less dramatic way of getting my keyboard black. Maybe a cover of some sort?

Also I preferably want black keys but really don't want to have hand written letters, numbers and symbols haha.

So anyone know where I can get black apple keys?

Its nice but the main reason I have the apple keyboard is because with a mixing desk, midi controller keyboard, tablet and mouse I'm short on desk space. + I like the way it makes my hackintosh more genuine as I have command keys etc. Thanks anwyay

I've thought of it before. Spray painting it wont really get you the desired result i suppose. I am not sure but have you tried checking if the black macbook keys are of the same build as the one on the wireless keyboards? you might be lucky enough to exchange it with a friend cause as far as i've seen, white keys on a black background look awesome as well.

All the best and do post up pictures when you are done

Tried

I've thought of it before. Spray painting it wont really get you the desired result i suppose. I am not sure but have you tried checking if the black macbook keys are of the same build as the one on the wireless keyboards? you might be lucky enough to exchange it with a friend cause as far as i've seen, white keys on a black background look awesome as well.

Tried

Tried

if you spray paint it properly it will turn out nice. i would suggest fine sanding the frame a bit first, and using proper spray equipment, not a can of black acrylic :). spray a black/graphite base and a coat of extra hard matte finish clear

My girlfriend has a macbook and the keys are identical... but its white lol. Even if I managed to get someone to swap with me, I would still have the aluminum casing. I've seen the covers before but not for the wireless mini keyboard. Problem is I have the European keyboard with the long vertical return key ;) I got excited because Im a logic pro user (also wouldn't mind illustrator shortcut cover)

Spraying my keyboard sounds really scary but I think i'll give it a go when I get time to. Then try buy/swap black keys.

Thanks for your input, if you find anything else that may be of interest to me, please do post it.

and if you don't want the logic pro keys..

here: http://www.kbcovers.com/servlet/Detail?no=121

edit: oh didn't see that you had the other version..

they make europeen version, but not for the wireless ultra thin keyboard..

so I guess you have three choices. 1- Paint your keyboard (i wouldn't do that) 2- Sell and buy a new keyboard (us version, wireless) or 3- sell and buy a new keyboard (europeen version, wired)

Personally I couldn't live with the wireless version.. it's too small.. I'm thinking of buying the wired version soon.. I need the num pad.