How to patch AppleHDA.kext from 10.5.2 and above

MadTux

228 posts in this topic

Okey, I Got the ALC268 sound card in my Compal IFL 90+...

which driver works ? And wich not ?

I got some drivers now, but just the speakers in my laptop works, not if I try to insert kabel in the sound out port..

WHO WORK ?

Hope for help!

This works great on my Compal FT00 (268 based too)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=928175

Hi MadTux

Thanks for your guide, I've done this 10.5.5 AppleHDA.kext patch, it's not perfect.

662_AppleHDA___Stuff.zip

I've inserted the converted PinConfig data from WinVista, and modded the controler.plist & platform.plist

It shows in System Profiler, allows sleep.

Restart doesn't

Line Out & Line In works

Mic doesn't.

My Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C have three back ports: Mic (pink), Line Out (green), Line In (blue).

MANUAL says that 662 have SPDIF Out composite using: Mic as center/subwoofer speaker, Line Out as front speaker, Line In as rear speaker.

I would like to make it better and share it

Should I try to use other codecs?

With Taruga's patch I have a tiger text without sleep, but mic works, what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much

OcciJano

Hi MadTux

Thanks for your guide, I've done this 10.5.5 AppleHDA.kext patch, it's not perfect.

662_AppleHDA___Stuff.zip

I've inserted the converted PinConfig data from WinVista, and modded the controler.plist & platform.plist

Restart doesn't

Line Out & Line In works

Mic doesn't.

My Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C have three back ports: Mic (pink), Line Out (green), Line In (blue).

MANUAL says that 662 have SPDIF Out composite using: Mic as center/subwoofer speaker, Line Out as front speaker, Line In as rear speaker.

With Taruga's patch I have a tiger text without sleep, but mic works, what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much

OcciJano

you may try to fix your PinConfigs, try to use your kext without them, Coz PinConfig can change your behavior of I/O devices your created in Platform.plist check pin configs from an old kext and try to figure out the diffs. My opinion for your card is to use first 262 codec than try sigmatel codec. One can give U less sound assertation errors(I think sigmatel codec)

P.S how RESTART doesnt work?

hi madtux i have 4 nodes for line out and diffrerent no of nodes for mic SPDIF out etc....plz help me

i have uploaded linux codec dump(adi1986a)...

Identity, this cards are mess... but will look on.

the ADI1981 is a {censored}!

Seems I need more than 3 nodes to serve the connection between the PinComplex and the AudioIn-Output...

But Im not sure; maybe I reading the dump wrong:

What I can see:

Speakers (or HP):

PinComplex: 0x05 (0x06 for HP)
AudioMixer: 0x0E
AudioSelector: 0x11
AudioOutput: 0x03

Mic:

PinComplex: 0x08
AudioSelector: 0x1E
AudioMixer: 0x0c
AudioSelector: 0x15
AudioOutput: 0x04

Or (?)

PinComplex: 0x08
AudioSelector: 0x15
AudioOutput: 0x04

am I missing something? How you add more nodes to the plist? Just adding one more entry in between?:

</dict>
<key>NodeID</key>
<integer>NEWNODE Nbr</integer>
</dict>

Also the 10.5.5 AppleHDA (v.1.5.7a24) wont load even with the bin edited device ID. An old HDA kext (v.1.2.4a21) does...

This two kext are really different: The old one stores the layout on the AppleHDA plist since theres no HDAPlatformDriver plugin on it....

I attached my dump and a graph of the codec. Please; look at it if you can; I guess is a FxxkUp codec

ADI1981_HP6720s.zip

Hi MadTux

662_AppleHDA___Stuff.zip

Restart doesn't

Line Out & Line In works

Mic doesn't.

Thank you very much

OcciJano

Hi there OcciJano, first of all let me say, Nice work!!! I've loaded your kext and for the first time it shows up in system profiler.

Everything shows up but nothing is working. I realized that our subsystem id is different.

Yours is 0x1458a002

Mine is 0x10438290

Any ideas what I would need to change to get my card working??? I'm also using ALC662

Any help is appreciated.

Hi there OcciJano, first of all let me say, Nice work!!! I've loaded your kext and for the first time it shows up in system profiler.

Everything shows up but nothing is working. I realized that our subsystem id is different.

Yours is 0x1458a002

Mine is 0x10438290

Any ideas what I would need to change to get my card working??? I'm also using ALC662

Any help is appreciated.

Do you have a Linux dump of your own machine? I made mine with OpenSuse 11 Live CD

OcciJano

I'm almost sure that Mic won't work, tell me about Line Out, Line In...

Try this AppleHDA_Kit67_662_0x10438290.zip

OcciJano

Hi OcciJano, thank you for the kext. everything shows up but still no audio out. also digital out is not showing volume control.

post-241708-1224577331_thumb.png

post-241708-1224577406_thumb.png

Thank you.

Don't ever buy ich7 mobos for hackintosh. :unsure::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CODE DUMP ALC662:isolinux.txt

Hi cparm, thank you for the effort. I had the same results. Everything shows up but still no audio out. also spdif out is not showing volume control.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Kit67

cparm's 662kext worked pretty good with my Gigabyte with 662

Here's my last try to mod your 662 Kit67.zip

Don't forget to remove/Backup your ALCInject.kext & HDAEnabler before install those mods.

OcciJano

My integrated SoundBoard is a AD1986a (11D4 1986). It is working with Taruga's patch, but in that case it uses Tiger's kext.

If I try to patch Leopard's AppleHDA.kext, it doesn't work. I've followed the guide, I've patched AppleHDA with HexEdit, substituting 0x11D41984 (8419D411) or 0x11D4198B (8B19D411) to mine (0x11D41986 - 8619D411), I have edited Platform and Controller with the right nodes.

Now with the edited AppleHDA.kext, when the computer boots, I hear the noise of the speakers loading, but then I cannot see my sound in System Preferences and I cannot hear it in the System.

I just don't understand why... any ideas?

Thanks

ya same here with my ad1986a....i have tried this method but no sound ....

@B612 can u paste here mic & line in nodes i find wired in my codec dump ?....they the only thing didnt work using hdapatcher(tiger kext)...no * for the given mixer and selector has * for other selector

ya same here with my ad1986a....i have tried this method but no sound ....

@B612 can u paste here mic & line in nodes i find wired in my codec dump ?....they the only thing didnt work using hdapatcher(tiger kext)...no * for the given mixer and selector has * for other selector

They don't work for me either, and anyway I cannot paste the nodes, because my desktop PC is dead. Yesterday, it turned off by itself and it was smelling like burning. I hope I don't have to change motherboard and PCU. :censored2:

Hello,

Thanks for the great how to;

I spend two days trying to figure out how to get my spdif out working but so far no luck ;) i am noobie when

it comes to Mac;

I am using Asus P5Q3 motherboard ADI2000B which is 1989B and i attach my codec dump, windows registry and codec graph;

i will appreciate if someone take a look is help me this out;

Thanks in advance

Idris

P5Q3_Windows_Registry.txt

P5Q3.Audio.Linux.Dump.txt

I hate to sound like such a newbie but how/where can I get the dumps needed for my system?

... as I hate how some n00bs quote a whole damn post!

Can you explain the reason you did that?

What about starting using that damn google? :)