Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to Mysticus C* to enable him to continue making and updating nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO-focussed Kernel/Drivers Installer packages, Combo Updater Packages......possibly even a DVD......?

• Yes, before new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, after new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, but only after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • Unsure, I may donate after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • No
  2. 2. Level of Demand for Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs

• Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + AMD CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Do you have a DESKTOP nForce chipset MOBO?
    • Do you have a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK nForce chipset MOBO?
  3. 3. Nature of donations offered

• Would you prefer to donate hardware (in good faith on the basis of trust) acceptable to the developer, to enable him/her to build a system on which to develop the installer packages?
    • Would you prefer to donate cash (in good faith on the basis of trust) to the developer to defray his/her upfront cost of acquiring a system on which to develop the installer packages?

1,138 posts in this topic

hi ppl,

im new here . i want to install mac osx snow leopard on my custom made PC. i have been trying alot of things but none worked for me ,may be because im totally unfamiliar with all the technical stuff ppl talk about in forums etc. now im quite frustrated and desperate to run mac osx snow leopard on my pc.

PLEASE PLEASE help me out. Step by step instructions (simple n easy ofcourse as im an a** regarding computers) on how to install n make it work. My pc specs are below:

Motherboard : intel DG43NB chipset intel P45/P43

Processor : intel core 2 quad Q8400 @ 2.66 Ghz

Graphics : Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 512 Mb

RAM : 2Gb

HDD : 250 Gb SATA

Currently im running windows 7 ultimate 64bit .

Plus i already have a dvd "Mac osX86 snow leopard"

Regards. :)

hi ppl,

im new here . i want to install mac osx snow leopard on my custom made PC. i have been trying alot of things but none worked for me ,may be because im totally unfamiliar with all the technical stuff ppl talk about in forums etc. now im quite frustrated and desperate to run mac osx snow leopard on my pc.

PLEASE PLEASE help me out. Step by step instructions (simple n easy ofcourse as im an a** regarding computers) on how to install n make it work. My pc specs are below:

Motherboard : intel DG43NB chipset intel P45/P43

Processor : intel core 2 quad Q8400 @ 2.66 Ghz

Graphics : Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 512 Mb

RAM : 2Gb

HDD : 250 Gb SATA

Currently im running windows 7 ultimate 64bit .

Plus i already have a dvd "Mac osX86 snow leopard"

Regards. :)

This thread is only for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs..............start with this guide even though it is not written for your specific MOBO.......but it will help you understand what is involved better.......

• 2 months later...

Hi. I have ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe with nForce 790 SLI, i also have 4 Gig of RAM and Gigabyte Network card. I'm currently running Win 7 with Xelabo VM image. I wounder if there is any chance for me to run Mac OsX Leo? I don't need Snow Leo.

Tnx in advance. :rolleyes:

Edit: I'm also running AMD Athlon X2 6000 +

Hi. I have ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe with nForce 790 SLI, i also have 4 Gig of RAM and Gigabyte Network card. I'm currently running Win 7 with Xelabo VM image. I wounder if there is any chance for me to run Mac OsX Leo? I don't need Snow Leo.

Tnx in advance. :)

Edit: I'm also running AMD Athlon X2 6000 +

Yes , but leo not working corectly .

Snow Leopard working 100%

Tried iAtkos S3 v2 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my system is

Matherboard: ASUS Striker II NSE (nForce 790i)

RAM: Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3 4GB(2x2 DC)

CPU: INTEL CORE 2 QUAD CORE Q6600 2.40GHz

GPU: GAINWARD 8972 BLISS 8800GT 1GB PCI-E

I try iPC 10.5.6,iAtkos v7, iAtkos v2, Kalyway, iDeneb(Latest) i try with -v. nforce -v with SATA and IDE dvd rom

But the "Still waiting root device" its the only thing that i could get. I set the Bios setting as this guide:

BIOS Setting

Please give your lights cause i cant stand with Windows any more...I would like Snow but if i cant Leopard its the best! :(

Hello, my system is

Matherboard: ASUS Striker II NSE (nForce 790i)

RAM: Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3 4GB(2x2 DC)

CPU: INTEL CORE 2 QUAD CORE Q6600 2.40GHz

GPU: GAINWARD 8972 BLISS 8800GT 1GB PCI-E

I try iPC 10.5.6,iAtkos v7, iAtkos v2, Kalyway, iDeneb(Latest) i try with -v. nforce -v with SATA and IDE dvd rom

But the "Still waiting root device" its the only thing that i could get. I set the Bios setting as this guide:

BIOS Setting

Please give your lights cause i cant stand with Windows any more...I would like Snow but if i cant Leopard its the best! :dev:

Try using my Leopard install guides in my blog, with a IDE DVDROM or DVDRW set up as Master and connected to your MOBO using a 80-wire IDE cable......boot DVD installer with

-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048

and also try with IEEE 1394a disabled in BIOS.......install Leopard using the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel...........

Others have successfully installed Leopard.........see here........once you have Leopard installed and running OK then see my Snow Leopard Retail Install guide....... :D

• 5 months later...

Hello, my system is

- 3 SATA HDD

- 1 SATA DVDROM

- XFX nForce 780i motherboard

- CPU Intel Core Duo (dual)

I'm trying iAtkos v7, and I get "Still waiting for root device". I have no IDE drives.

Can you help me? :D

Hello, my system is

- 3 SATA HDD

- 1 SATA DVDROM

- XFX nForce 780i motherboard

- CPU Intel Core Duo (dual)

I'm trying iAtkos v7, and I get "Still waiting for root device". I have no IDE drives.

Can you help me? :lol:

See if you can borrow a IDE DVDRW to do the installation and connect it as Master (see post #1).........or try installing OS X to an external USB HDD and then cloning that volume onto your SATA HDD......and use AppleNForceATA_TEST.kext in /S/L/E with your SATA DVDROM.......I assume you have set up your BIOS correctly according to my BIOS template for 780i in post #1....?

See if you can borrow a IDE DVDRW to do the installation and connect it as Master (see post #1).........or try installing OS X to an external USB HDD and then cloning that volume onto your SATA HDD......and use AppleNForceATA_TEST.kext in /S/L/E with your SATA DVDROM.......I assume you have set up your BIOS correctly according to my BIOS template for 780i in post #1....?

Yes, I set my BIOS according the table. I'll try to use a IDE DWDRW. I'll buy one and try!

Thanks for your reply! :)

• 1 month later...

I have OSX 10.6.7 running on an Evga 780i, well kinda. My big issue is booting from the HD and Internet access. The curious thing if I use nawcom modcd to install/run my LAN is totally stable but I can't boot from the HD. If I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install/run I can thereafter boot from the HD but I have no Internet and trying to get my Network working causes system crashes.

So is there a way I can identify what files my Network is using when booting from modcd and then copy/use/install these when using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I have OSX 10.6.7 running on an Evga 780i, well kinda. My big issue is booting from the HD and Internet access. The curious thing if I use nawcom modcd to install/run my LAN is totally stable but I can't boot from the HD. If I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install/run I can thereafter boot from the HD but I have no Internet and trying to get my Network working causes system crashes.

So is there a way I can identify what files my Network is using when booting from modcd and then copy/use/install these when using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

You could go to Applications >>> Utilities >>> Console and look in the system.log and also type kextstat command in Terminal.....

• 4 weeks later...

I am attempting to install Snow Leopard retail on a P5N-D using the nForceSLBoot132DVD_for_SATA_DVDRW and the recommended BIOS settings. I attempt to boot the SL retail disc, but after an hour or so I still have the spinning color wheel.

What is a recommended next step? Since I'm using (best I can tell) the rec'd settings, and the custom bootloader, I'm not sure where to go from here.

TIA

I am attempting to install Snow Leopard retail on a P5N-D using the nForceSLBoot132DVD_for_SATA_DVDRW and the recommended BIOS settings. I attempt to boot the SL retail disc, but after an hour or so I still have the spinning color wheel.

What is a recommended next step? Since I'm using (best I can tell) the rec'd settings, and the custom bootloader, I'm not sure where to go from here.

TIA

Please re-post in my Snow Leopard nForce thread and I will respond to you there........