Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to Mysticus C* to enable him to continue making and updating nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO-focussed Kernel/Drivers Installer packages, Combo Updater Packages......possibly even a DVD......?

• Yes, before new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, after new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, but only after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • Unsure, I may donate after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • No
  2. 2. Level of Demand for Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs

• Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + AMD CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Do you have a DESKTOP nForce chipset MOBO?
    • Do you have a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK nForce chipset MOBO?
  3. 3. Nature of donations offered

• Would you prefer to donate hardware (in good faith on the basis of trust) acceptable to the developer, to enable him/her to build a system on which to develop the installer packages?
    • Would you prefer to donate cash (in good faith on the basis of trust) to the developer to defray his/her upfront cost of acquiring a system on which to develop the installer packages?

1,138 posts in this topic

I got the a gigabit pci ethernet card today :) It had the 8169 chipset, worked right away, without kexts or anything...and best part is that it actually works :D No network drops...

And I pm'd with someone who also has the P5N-D (750i) and he said that he used to get freezes, but solved that by NOT using any kind of nForce Ethernet kext/driver and don't use the LAN...Just go and buy a PCI, I recommend Realtek 8169 ;)

2 hours on mac, and no kernel panics or freezes so far (knocking on wood)

I'll keep you updated...

I got the a gigabit pci ethernet card today :) It had the 8169 chipset, worked right away, without kexts or anything...and best part is that it actually works :D No network drops...

And I pm'd with someone who also has the P5N-D (750i) and he said that he used to get freezes, but solved that by NOT using any kind of nForce Ethernet kext/driver and don't use the LAN...Just go and buy a PCI, I recommend Realtek 8169 ;)

2 hours on mac, and no kernel panics or freezes so far (knocking on wood)

I'll keep you updated...

Hope the stable operation continues....... :)

@verdant:

Currently I have 1 9800GTS GPU on my board with 2gb RAM.

1. I have went over your pdf document and changed the bios settings to reflect what is on the document.

2. What distro should I use? Currently I have Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2

3. On Darwin bootloader, should I use -v or something else?

Im so lost.

@verdant:

Currently I have 1 9800GTS GPU on my board with 2gb RAM.

1. I have went over your pdf document and changed the bios settings to reflect what is on the document.

2. What distro should I use? Currently I have Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2

3. On Darwin bootloader, should I use -v or something else?

Im so lost.

Firstly, I am not sure if a driver is available for the GeForce 9800GTS.......if it is similar to the 9800GT or 9800GTX you may be able to use the same solutions for those cards.......see here.....and here.....

So, it is very important that when you install Kalyway 10.5.2 that you do not choose a video driver in Customize window......follow the procedure below (adapted from my blog entry):

1. Boot from the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd Install DVD by pressing F8 at boot-up to bring up the PC BIOS "Boot Menu", then selecting the DVDRW Drive and pressing Enter.

2. On DVD Darwin boot loader appearance, press F8 quickly and at the "boot:" prompt, type "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 –v" (without quotes)

3. Once the Kalyway OS X Installer has loaded, use Disk Utility to partition the HDD as Master Boot Record (MBR) into the number and size of volumes required, and format the intended OS X install volume as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) giving it a unique name without spaces.

4. If you have partitioned your HDD into more than one volume, select the volume to install to, otherwise just select the internal HDD volume.

5. Press Continue and then Customize. Once in the "Customize" menu, select as follows:

Additional Fonts Y (Choose to suit your requirements)

Language Translations N (Choose to suit your requirements)

Kernels -

kernel_9.2_sleep Y (Default choice)

kernel_9.2_speedstep N

kernel_922_kabyl N

kernel_922_modin N

kernel_92_nforce N

kernel_vanilla_92 N

Graphics _Drivers - N

Audio_Drivers N

Networks_ Drivers - N

On-board LAN on your MOBO will not work properly under OS X.....

See http://sourceforge.net/projects/realtekr1000/ for the R1000, which is an opensource driver for network controllers RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101 and some others modification for Mac OSX. It is based on Realtek's driver for Linux but is not supported by Realtek.

Also see http://www.psystar.com/realtek_r1000_driver.html

Psystar have released a modded driver based on R1000 claimed by them to enhance

the interrupt handling and link detection for these NICS: RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101.

If this is the case, get hold of a Realtek chipset based PCI Netwok Card i.e. RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101 chipset card....check card specs before buying....depending on the card used it may just work out of the box with the already installed drivers in OS X... recommend a RTL8169 PCI NIC..... :blink:

As regards installing a network driver kext (if required post-OS X install), you can use, for example, Kext Helper b7......or OSx86Tools......

Mobo_Chipsets - Default choices

Thirds_Applications – Choose to suit your requirements

(I chose archives, candybar, changeFinder, colloquy, Growl, kextHelperB7, onyx, pacifist, perian, ppfomatic, stuffitExpander, textmate, vlc, xbench)

SSE2_Jas1048_ACPI_APIC N (Default choice)

Patches -

Hardcoded_SMBIOS Default choice i.e. Lastnetkassmbios

boot_with-cpus=1_flag N

PCGenUSB_Fix N

Francais_pc_keyboard_layout N

TimeMachineFix Y

PowerManagement_bundle N

Intel Memory Controller N

AMD_1052_Patches Default N (Default choice)

6. Double check your "Customize" choices, then click "Install". When install begins you may choose to (or not) skip the DVD verify process.

7. When all processes are killed and DVD drive activity stops and the re-boot "beep" sounds, remove the DVD and boot from the Internal HDD.......at the "boot:" prompt, type "-v -f" (without quotes) and wait as verbose booting takes place....

8. To avoid any problems with the well known >3 GB RAM problem... thumbsdown_anim.gif ; see this thread by mtotho.....on many motherboards, if you install 4GB or more of RAM in Dual Channel mode, then you may get a kernel panic when the RAM usage exceeds 3GB (I have experienced this issue with 4, 5 and 6GB RAM installed, although in some fora it is suggested that with 6GB or 8GB RAM the issue may disappear.... )

For further information on whether or not this RAM limitation issue may apply to your system, see the TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION at the end of the guide....

So, modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere)

maxmem=3072

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press ^O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press ^X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

Then Reboot with -v and Repair Permissions........ :star_sunglasses:

Report how you get on.......if successful we can then sort out the audio....... :star_sunglasses:

AFIK fsvents is a public framework that keeps track of all file operations; so an fs event occurs whenever any file is changed on the system by some running process . However, if a particular process freezes, then an fs event is generated as it repeatedly tries to re-establish contact with the frozen process. The system then locks out because of repeatedly trying to re-start this process.....see here for example...

Some have reported that fseventsd issues have arisen from a process running in the background such as Time Machine, perhaps Spotlight, or even a 3rd party application e.g. Growl.... so suggest you reboot using -v -x and see what happens....reporting any error messages.....

Also check that there are no 3rd part apps being installed by iAtkos such as Growl for example, and also do not install initially any lan or wifi drivers....then reboot -v -x.... :blink:

hmmmm i have not installed any lan or wifi driver,tho i have a wifi that i put on 1 pci slot and maybe iatkos is trying to install its driver i also disabled firewire on bios(is that any problem if its disabled?) will try to install w/o wifi card and see what happens report back in a couple min

thx once again verdant :star_sunglasses:

hmmmm i have not installed any lan or wifi driver,tho i have a wifi that i put on 1 pci slot and maybe iatkos is trying to install its driver i also disabled firewire on bios(is that any problem if its disabled?) will try to install w/o wifi card and see what happens report back in a couple min

thx once again verdant :blink:

Do not disable Firewire.......as Main System will be loading a Firewire driver......follow all the BIOS settings in my template in post #1 unless there is a definite need to not do so......

Do not disable Firewire.......as Main System will be loading a Firewire driver......follow all the BIOS settings in my template in post #1 unless there is a definite need to not do so......

ok ok its by any chance im using the wrong kernel when i install iatkos v4? its sooo different from v3!!!

ok ok its by any chance im using the wrong kernel when i install iatkos v4? its sooo different from v3!!!

Suggest you try

iATKOS v4i Main System Y

Darwin Bootloader Y

Stock Files

AppleACPIPlatform.kext N

Kernel 9.4.0 N

Additional Patches

Darwin X86 for MBR (Non-EFI) N

Kernel 9.2.0. ToH N

nForce kernels

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI Y

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core Non-EFI N

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce SSE3 Non-EFI N

SMBIOS drivers

AppleSMBIOS netkas Y

AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. iMac N

AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. MacBook N

Patch for PS2 N

Remove Thermal kexts Y

Drivers N

VGA N

nVidia

NVinject

Natit

Titan

nVidia Laptop

ATI N

ATIinject for X1600

ATI X1950 XT

ATI HD 2xxx 3xxx

Intel N

GMA 950

GMA X3100

AGPGart N

AGPGart 2.1

AGPGart 2.2

AGPGart 2.4.9

System

SATA N

nForce SATA Y

Intel Speedstep N

ext2fs N

NTFS-3G N

Network N

Marvell Yukon 88E8001

Realtek 8139

Intel Pro/100 VE

VIA Rhine

Broadcom 440x

Atheros 5005eg

If these settings do not work, then try again but this time choose Kernel 9.2.0. ToH instead of Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI but all other selections as before...... :D

Suggest you try

iATKOS v4i Main System Y

Darwin Bootloader Y

Stock Files

AppleACPIPlatform.kext N

Kernel 9.4.0 N

Additional Patches

Darwin X86 for MBR (Non-EFI) N

Kernel 9.2.0. ToH N

nForce kernels

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI Y

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core Non-EFI N

Kernel 9.2.0 nForce SSE3 Non-EFI N

SMBIOS drivers

AppleSMBIOS netkas Y

AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. iMac N

AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev. MacBook N

Patch for PS2 N

Remove Thermal kexts Y

Drivers N

VGA N

nVidia

NVinject

Natit

Titan

nVidia Laptop

ATI N

ATIinject for X1600

ATI X1950 XT

ATI HD 2xxx 3xxx

Intel N

GMA 950

GMA X3100

AGPGart N

AGPGart 2.1

AGPGart 2.2

AGPGart 2.4.9

System

SATA N

nForce SATA Y

Intel Speedstep N

ext2fs N

NTFS-3G N

Network N

Marvell Yukon 88E8001

Realtek 8139

Intel Pro/100 VE

VIA Rhine

Broadcom 440x

Atheros 5005eg

If these settings do not work, then try again but this time choose Kernel 9.2.0. ToH instead of Kernel 9.2.0 nForce Core EFI but all other selections as before...... :D

if i dont install the nvinject now will the os install the drivers by itself or i have to get the installer from the web? and also can i update anything after the os is installed?

if i dont install the nvinject now will the os install the drivers by itself or i have to get the installer from the web? and also can i update anything after the os is installed?

The iATKOS Main System has a basic VGA driver.......if you choose NVinject now and something goes wrong it is less easy to sort out because you still need to confirm which is the best kernel for your system....BTW I never heard back from you about the errors you were getting with NVkush when booting with -v......?

What updates are you thinking of......other than install video, network and video drivers?

The iATKOS Main System has a basic VGA driver.......if you choose NVinject now and something goes wrong it is less easy to sort out because you still need to confirm which is the best kernel for your system....BTW I never heard back from you about the errors you were getting with NVkush when booting with -v......?

What updates are you thinking of......other than install video, network and video drivers?

i got it NVkush to work i dont know how lol just booted the pc and voila!!

i got it NVkush to work i dont know how lol just booted the pc and voila!!

It is good for you to report that NVkush worked for you as it helps other readers of this thread.......success as well as failure needs reporting..... :D

i 4got to report, but will try keep yall update with any failure or success now... sorry if i did not reply wont happen again and thx for letting me know :blush:

No problem........it is understandable that you are excited to now have OSX86 running on a PC.........it is just that even I am starting loose track of which distros you have tried on what PC system (you have 2 identical MOBOs?) with what specifications and with what problems, success and failure etc......I am sure you understand what I mean........ :)

No problem........it is understandable that you are excited to now have OSX86 running on a PC.........it is just that even I am starting loose track of which distros you have tried on what PC system (you have 2 identical MOBOs?) with what specifications and with what problems, success and failure etc......I am sure you understand what I mean........ :blush:

yes i have 2 identical mobo's and almost the same spec's the only difference is mine is has 2 hd(1 IDE 80gb and 1 SATA 400gb) and my bro has 1 hd 500gb

@verdant:

So I went over my BIOS settings again and went to Boot up Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

Typed in "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v" (w/out quotes) and the dvd wont boot....

I get a Sector ####### disc read error....

I will edit the post with a screenshot, so that you can see what I am talking about.

ok just installed iATKOS v4 with the last config verdant posted, everything went just good, until i install the 9f23installer.pkg for my e-Geforce 8800 GT 512mb and it just hangs, will try boot on safe mode and see if i can undo the install

ok just installed iATKOS v4 with the last config verdant posted, everything went just good, until i install the 9f23installer.pkg for my e-Geforce 8800 GT 512mb and it just hangs, will try boot on safe mode and see if i can undo the install

I presume you double-clicked the 9f23installer.pkg to install and then ran EFIStudio, to add "Geforce 8800 GT 512MB" as your device and then wrote the EFI string to the com.apple.Boot.plist?.........except that AFIK 9f23installer is for 10.5.5 build 9f23, whereas you are on 10.5.4..........please check if this is so.......

I presume you double-clicked the 9f23installer.pkg to install and then ran EFIStudio, to add "Geforce 8800 GT 512MB" as your device and then wrote the EFI string to the com.apple.Boot.plist?.........except that AFIK 9f23installer is for 10.5.5 build 9f23, whereas you are on 10.5.4..........please check if this is so.......

ewwwwww u r rite :D im on 10.5.4

will try update it now and retry :) the installer

So I was able to FINALLY install OS X Kalyway 10.5.2...

BUT, I installed it on another machine and moved the HDD to my EVGA 780i Mobo comp...

Now Im not able to boot to the OS from the EVGA comp...

This is what I get:

img0083hx3.th.jpgthpix.gif

img0082pg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Verdant, I know you can help me with this!! Youre the man!!

I have tried to install the jas 10.5.4 patched with mysticus onto my system with no success it still says still waiting for root device. Is there something I should be changing in my bios settings? I left them as default when I installed leo4allv3 with success but I would really like to install 10.5.4. If anyone knows or has a striker 2 nse board please help! I just wish I could use the drivers with leo4allv3 to install jas w/myst if anyone can do this I think it would really help us wth these chipsets it just blows that we have some great chipsets but we cant install jas or ideneb.

I just got a kernel panic after an hour of use :)...I wanted to download something, so I opened a torrent with transmission...then transmission did nothing, I move my mouse over it, and I got the color circle mouse when I went to the window of transmission, everything else still worked (music, firefox) and then....

KERNEL PANIC!!

I hope it's just a one time thing caused by transmission...I now restarted and opened transmission again, and it's downloading...I hope I won't get another one after an hour...(onboard LAN and USB WiFi gave me kernel panics after an hour, so if my Realtek 8169 does aswell...I guess it's the end of my Hackintosh since I won't be able to use LAN without kernel panics ;))

I just got a kernel panic after an hour of use :) ...I wanted to download something, so I opened a torrent with transmission...then transmission did nothing, I move my mouse over it, and I got the color circle mouse when I went to the window of transmission, everything else still worked (music, firefox) and then....

KERNEL PANIC!!

I hope it's just a one time thing caused by transmission...I now restarted and opened transmission again, and it's downloading...I hope I won't get another one after an hour...(onboard LAN and USB WiFi gave me kernel panics after an hour, so if my Realtek 8169 does aswell...I guess it's the end of my Hackintosh since I won't be able to use LAN without kernel panics ;) )

My suggestion is as follows.......when you get a kernel panic during a data transfer to/from HDD (remembering AppleNForceATA issue.....) via HDD, LAN, USB, or Firewire it is difficult to apportion blame among the hardware/software.......

e.g. when I clone HDD volumes on internal/exernal HDDs I sometimes get freezes near the start, in the middle and at the end but sometimes not......if I boot into my "OS X Boot" system which has "cpus=1 maxmem=2048" in com.apple.Boot.plist I can invariably clone hDD volumes without any crashes......

So when you plan an extended data transfer just boot with "cpus=1 maxmem=2048".......once the data are transferred safely and successfully you can reboot as normal........ :D

so i just updated to 10.5.5, followed all the instructions very detailed and booted, but it does not boot back, its on a loop, it restarts by itself over and over :thumbsdown_anim: , what did i screwed now? :blink:

so i just updated to 10.5.5, followed all the instructions very detailed and booted, but it does not boot back, its on a loop, it restarts by itself over and over :hysterical: , what did i screwed now? :(

omg nevermind, i guess i know what i did...will report back