2 replies to this topic

designer17

designer17

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,

I just attempted to dual boot XP and Kalyway 10.5.2 today and everything seemed to install smoothlly until it was time to reboot. The computer rebooted and "Missing Operating System" appeared. I attempted to us gparted and set my windows partition to "boot" but that didn't work so I tried setting my OS X partition to boot and still no luck.

So now I can't boot windows or OS X.

Does anyone know how to fix this. I have searched the internet all day and haven't found any answers. Its very frustrating and I'm about to give up on ever getting OS X to run.

Any help would bee greatly appreciated.

Oracle67

Oracle67

Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
Use Windows installation disk to fix boot problems and then use "EasyBCD" to give an entry to Os X without scripting.

designer17

designer17

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, I've mananged to get into windows but can't use easyBCD because its for Vista only. I used tboot instead and am now have the option to boot XP or OSX. When I go into OSX it comes to a gray screen with the apple logo in the middle and just hangs there. Anyone know how to fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy