Dell GX620 with GMA950 id 0x2772

fumducket

5 posts in this topic

I've successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on a Dell GX620. Everything went smooth during the install and it had no problem installing network, sound etc. However, my video resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and any 3D app will crash the system. It's a GMA950 with id 0x2772.

I've searched up and down this forum and found lots of useful information leading me the right way, but always short of a solution. I've tried the different drivers for other GMA950 hardware id's with little success. The few posts I found around here from other people with GMA950 id 0x2772 seem to have threads without a solution.

Is there a working driver that will give me the 1280x1024 native resolution for this hackintosh or am I out of luck??

Thanks supermx3! That was the ticket! I know have a beautiful 1280x1024 setup and ToonTown for my daughter is now working!! (It crashed the minute I launched it before!)

So I've applied all updates except Apple's update to 10.5.5. I'm still running Kalyway 10.5.2. Is there any reason to keep updating at this point, or just wait and see if I run into any issues?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=d945gclf

try the drivers in this thread, my board has a GMA950 with the same id but be warned they dont work to well in 10.5.5

thanks for pointing this out. I had full res, qe/ci (but with artifacts) with iAtkos v2 (10.5.2) stock kernel (don't select 950 from intel menu when installing) and haven't been able to get it back even with my extensions that I backed up before the update... but... with the drivers from the link you gave I was able to get my gma950 (0x2772) working like it did before.

there are still artifacts but who cares at least I don't have to sit 5 feet away from the monitor for things to look right lol

also... I used osx86 Tools to enable Quartz GL and now Front Row will work! :)