Kalyway 10.5.2 with Radeon HD 3850

ZeroShift

6 posts in this topic

I've got a dual boot going with Vista and Kalyway OS X 10.5.2. I did a vanilla installation (with the exception of the AMD driver) and it went without a hitch. Now when I boot, it gives me a very garbled blue screen. I'm using an ATI RADEON HD 3850 PCI-E.

When I installed OS X last time, I added the incuded ATI drivers along with the installation and it worked fine..except that I had the white menu glitch. I applied the white menu fix found here (Except I dont know where the life of me where to put the device ID) which only made the boot hang at the while loading screen.

Any idea how to fix the drivers on the Vista side?

go to this topic ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x (Current 10.5.5)

I saw your thread, but I'm an absolute noob to Mac, let a lone OS X. How do I go about installing said package with no access to OS X? Is there a way to maybe do it thru Terminal in the Installation Disc maybe?

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i had this problem as well. even though i installed the 3850 HD drivers during install i still got this error. the only way i know of how to resolve it is to use another Graphics Card. i used a low profile Ati one. it worked and booting in to 10.5.2.

Next you needs to locate and download the ATI 3850 Package and install that on your machine. then shut down and reboot with the 3850 GPU installed and you should be ready to roll

• 4 months later...
I saw your thread, but I'm an absolute noob to Mac, let a lone OS X. How do I go about installing said package with no access to OS X? Is there a way to maybe do it thru Terminal in the Installation Disc maybe?

Hello, thank you for your time....Can you please help me.....I have installed iDeneb 1.4 and everything works 100% except for my video card it is a eah3650 from asus but I am asuming that it is the same as the ati 3650's my issue is like all the rest, it boots with garbled screen.....i have tried your latest drivers http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526

and still nothing......is there something that you can suggest for me.....