Mac OS X 10.5.5 Kalyway COMBO UPDATE

zeamp

62 posts in this topic

upgraded successfully to 10.5.5 the only problem im haing is with shutting down. i can shut down properly when plugged into the power supply, but system doesn't shut down when on battery... it goes upto Killing all processes, then the monitor turns off, but fans and hdd keep working...

i know it is coz of my sigmatel 9228... i used the patch from the Dell Post Installer to get my sound working.. however, it screws up shutdown... if i then install the AppleHDA Shutdown fix from the Dell Post Installer, it solves the shutdown problem, but screws up my sound...

so yeah, anyone know any solution to this?

Im running a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop btw...

I managed to get it to install and got wireless and sound up and working on my inspiron 1525. Only problem is when I boot regularly the monitor will sleep on and off and then the cursor will show up on a black screen and just sit there. If I boot into safe mode everything works fine.

Anyone else have a problem similar to this?

I got my 10.5.5 to work successfully after a lot of hours of trial and error...

Here's what I did:

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD, using vanilla kernal

Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.3

Regular apple software update to 10.5.4 (non combo)

Netkas method of updating to 10.5.5

After all that, as I tried to boot into mac, it autorestarted. I then went to darwin and typed in "-v -f -x" and waited for it to finish. Afterwards, I was faced with the login window. I typed in my password and voila, 10.5.5 =P. I didn't install any kexts yet or anything. I'm on an XPS m1530. needing to install graphics, sound, wireless, battery meter, etc. Restart/shut down works atm.

here's the link to where I got it.

http://www.espressoreport.com/125/upgrade-...-mac-os-x-1055/

I was surprised "-v -f -x" was left out because I did so many reinstalls right before i could type that command in. Ugh, live and learn. I hope people are successful with this.

Success!

Mainboard: Intel DG33BU

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1,66 Ghz

Video: Winfast 9600GT Extreme

I've upgraded to 10.5.5 to give the Aquamac & NDarwin drivers a try and it totally works.

Started with Kalaway's 10.5.2 and then applied Kalaway 10.5.3 with netkas' method, although i never found any "Don't Steal Mac OS X.kext" anywhere...

Then upgraded to 10.5.4 from the Apple Software Update website (Not from Mac OS' software update!)

Finally upgraded to 10.5.5 from Apple Software Update website and couldn't boot anymore. This was probably due to graphics drivers, because once i've booted with -x and installed Aquamac&NDarwin everything worked like a charm! :(

Here's a pic -_-

picture1gu8.th.pngthpix.gif

Thanks to everyone who posted their problems and to the ones who helped, i got to learn quite a few about OSX.

• 4 weeks later...

Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.3 using the Kalyway update.

Used the Mysticus C* method (1.2 Version - 10.5.5 downloaded Combo update)

Mainboard: Asus PK5-E

CPU: Core2 Extreme X9650

HDD: WD 1 Terabyte Caviar Black WD1001FALS (AHCI mode / AHCI fix from Mysticus C* used)

Optical: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S (AHCI mode / AHCI fix from Mysticus C* used)

GFX: MSI 8800 GTS - 320MB OC

Audio: Integrated

Ran the Pre-Update from Mysticus C* installed the downloaded Combo Update from Apple.

Post update installed using the following options.

• Vanilla 9.5.1
  • ICHx AHCI fix
  • NVdarwin (320) - Was using NVKush, just testing out NVdarwin
  • Just Restore Audio - Originally installed using Taruga AD1988b Rev3
  • Marvel Yukon - Yukon2
  • 1066 SMBIOS
  • Apple ACPI (Old)

Rebooted the system, waited for the 2 reboots. Time Machine didn't work properly, I grabbed the original TimeMachine Fix from the Kalyway DVD - located in /$DVDNAME$/System/Installation/Packages/Patches. Everything works flawlessly - all thanks to Mysticus C*

3046489358_10cc415cd3_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I successfully went from 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 incrementally using these files:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1054update.html

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1055update.html

I did NOT use the 10.5.5 ComboUpdate from Apple.

The kernel is 9.5. I started with Kalyway 10.5.1 and then did the 10.5.2/.3 Kalyway updates.

As far as I can tell, everything still works.

Hi there!

would you be kind enough to provide some sort of guide or any links that will help on how to update to 10.5.5 from 10.5.1.....thank you

:angel:

and also if you can provide a link on how to install kext. please been looking for long time and searching. thank you

• 4 months later...
Hi there!

would you be kind enough to provide some sort of guide or any links that will help on how to update to 10.5.5 from 10.5.1.....thank you

:censored2:

and also if you can provide a link on how to install kext. please been looking for long time and searching. thank you

Installing kexts is rather simple. :censored2:

Option 1 (Recommended but requires work)

Just drag the kext into /System/Library/Extensions click authenticate and type your password.

Now open up terminal and type

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NameOfKext.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/SameKextFile.kext

rm /system/Library/Extensions.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm Extensions.mcache

sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/SameKextFile.kext

type exit

hit Command( a.k.a "Apple key" or "Start key")+Q to close terminal

Reboot

Option 2:

Google kexthelper b7 (not recommended because it doesn't always work)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4024028/ka....5.2ComboUpdate <- easiest & safest update I've ever tried. Doesn't change kernel or Audio/internet/kexts/display!!! :censored2:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4211791/Ma...ay_Combo_Update

^ Not sure about this one, I haven't gotten around to try it because it looks a bit less stable of an update...

As for 10.5.4 - 10.5.6 I have no idea :censored2:

• 1 year later...
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and myself, and others with similar models have reported kernel panics when going from 10.5.4 Kalyway to 10.5.5 via Software Update. There are a few tips and tricks, some success and some failures, but what is the clear cut method? I'd like any of you Kalyway users to post your success and how you did it on getting 10.5.5 to run without erroring, panicing, or beachball syndrome.

Thanks in advance -- POST SCREENSHOTS OF SUCCESS/FAILURE!

Success Installing 10.5.5 originall update from Apple all you have to do is go to terminal and type

sudo su - and then type "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done" without quotes keep the window open and start the update once its done close the terminal windows and then restart worked perfectly on my net book...