Mac OS X 10.5.5 Kalyway COMBO UPDATE

zeamp

62 posts in this topic

It doesn't work with AHCI either. I can boot to 10.5.5 now with AHCI but with sleep kernel 9.2.0 by ToH and now have no dock......

I must have been unlucky enough to have a {censored}ed motherboard or something because nearly everyone on this board who uses an Intel core 2 CPU with Intel chipset can get a Vanilla kernel to work except me.

My first try to update my old Kalaway 10.5.4 installation to 10.5.5 ended in a crash like many others in here but what I failed to do what was follow the method of netkas to update but then earlier today I updated to 10.5.5 on my new iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 install and followed those instructions and the process went superbly without any hitch AT all! I think if I had followed the method in the first place I would not have landed up screwing my 8 month Kalaway install :) . Anyway I think I have learned from this experience of mine.

used delta update with instructions on how to remove cpumanagement upon install. worked fine. put my c2d fixed kernel back in place before reboot and got everything working except battery meter. when I use the older battery meter fix with stock powermanagement kext and fixed acpibattery kext I get a black screen. had no way of taking it out of sleep (which it apparently went into) with older tricks. deleted acpibattery kext and now back to 10.5.5 without battery meter. hope to see a fix for this or a way to get this to work.

edit 1: interesting. found out that I actually didn't have any powermanagement bundle installed. used the one from 10.5.4 and Chun-Nan's AppleACPIBatteryManager. Works fine now.

the other odd thing that happens is that sleep seems to work halfway. when I send my notebook to sleep via apple menu, it goes into deep sleep as usual. when I wake it up with power button, it now shows the desktop and then tells me that I need to restart. Almost...

need to test it with pm bundle from 10.5.5 next to see if the detailed features of that batterymanager work.

edit 2: just extracted the pm bundle from 10.5.5 and found that it works perfectly fine with Chun-Nan's batterymanager. cheers

Guys, sorry, but i'm competly lost,

i dunno where to start it, i was doing this method:

http://3rr0rists.com/macintosh/kalyway-105...-succeeded.html

edited: well it works now, but when my leopard comes up its freezing my keyboard and my tapmouse are not working

any ideias?

Regards,

Check this out... It does fix the keyboard and trackpad...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=126872&hl=

Hello all,

10.5.5 updated on my Acer 5220.

I did the following:

1. First, download the update directly from Apple's website.

You can grab 10.5.5 at

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...s/macosx1055upd

ate.html

2. Before you run the downloaded file,

open up Terminal and type:

sudo su -

Enter your user password and then type:

while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

3. Keep this window open while you run the downloaded update and install

it

4. Before you reboot, exit the Terminal script by holding down Ctrl and

pressing X (Ctrl + X).

Close Terminal and hit the button on the Update to reboot your computer.

5 Done

Note: I had to reboot twice.

Note2: Sound was not working.

Solution:

see:

Link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...96434&st=40

Saved guide from wiki.taruga.net

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Definitive Guide to Fixing the Realtek ALC268 Soundcard (With Workin Shutdown!!!!) In Leopard

1.Run ALC268Installer 2 or 1. (Depending on which works for you.)

2.Before Restarting delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext

3.Use Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext

4.With DiskUtility Fix permissions

5.Restart and make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in Audio Settings

6. Then run HDA Fix v3 (Riavvia in seguito means Restart later, Riavvia means Restart now)

7. Click Restart Later

8.Repair permissions with Disk Utility

9.Restart

10.Bootup and sound and shutdown should work.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

bozon42

i have kalyway 10.5.4 on a toshiba satellite a135 will i tried netkas script but i got an error in the installation around 34% and leopard asked me to press the power button to restart when i restarted nothing works and i had to reinstall all my softwares and update kalyway from 10.5.2 onwards

has anyone got the same error as above and what did u do to get 10.5.5

Alright... I FINALLY got my system fully updated...

I tried five times to get this working... Dell Inspiron 1525, Initially running Kalyway 10.5.2, did the combo update to 10.5.3 and then 10.5.4. First two attempts were unsuccessful, third attempt worked, but no keyboard. Fourth attempt I got the keyboard and mouse working and then I installed the rest of the software updates and then it wouldn't boot. Fifth time went from 10.5.4 with all the available software update packages (aside from the RAW camera updates) before I installed 10.5.5. After 10.5.5 install (using netkas method), using drivers I found on here for the PS2 keyboard and trackpad, I just had to restore my wireless kext and my sound. No big deal, everything seems to be working now.

I tried updating to 10.5.5 from a vanilla 10.5.0 retail install and I'm getting this after I reboot.

1055sb1.th.jpgthpix.gif

I added AppleDecrypt to the InstallAtStartup script and I reinstalled chameleon & extras folder with the necessary kexts. Any ideas on why I'm getting this?

Hey,

I'd update from kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 with succes! I followed the steps from the tutorial by Mysticus C*

the only problem I experienced so far is that he doesn't seem to have installed my network driver, so I don't have an internet connection now ;)

Can I re-update to see if I missed checking the right driver? Or is there an other fix to this?

Thanx!

Edit: I tried to re-update, but no changes so far and I don't think it 'll work to try using the Kalyway dvd, with only the network driver checked, since it will probaply re-install to 10.5.2 without the options checked to make Leo work.

updated from kalyway 10.5.3 to 10.5.5 with sleepscript etc. now i wont get to the desktop. it stucks at the grey apple screen. the loading-circle stops and the only thing i can do is to shutdown ;)

in safe-mode it works, but then my internal keyboard and the touchpad doesnt work :)

i plugged an external mouse and keyboard and repaired permission etc. but no success :( still stucking at the grey apple screen.

Did you find a fix for this? I had the exact same issue!

Origin: Kalyway 10.5.2 -> Kalyway Combo Update 10.5.3 (vanilla kernel) -> Software Update's 10.5.4 update.

Downloaded delta (not combo) 10.5.5 update.

Started Netkas method on terminal (to recursively delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement file).

Started update.

Before completing, alarm! :) My screen turns grey and a message tells me to power off my PC or hard reboot it.

Power on again, and my system gets blocked after a few lines of code on screen: power off again :) .

One more power-on, and my PC suddenly autoreboots after a few lines of code on screen.

Starts booting... grey Apple's screen... blue screen... my system is up and running! :)

Now 'about this Mac' says my version is 10.5.5, and all (sound, graphics...) works as ever.

I don't know what happened, I am even not sure if my system is really running 10.5.5, but I'm happy :) .

Ricardo

Hi, great explanation of your journey! :D

I'm using a DELL Precision 690 with 2 x 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with 4GB ram and 512 vram, nVidia based.

I'm on Kaleway 9.2.2 kernel, and I'm planning to do EXACTLY what you did. Update to 1.5.3 with combo update that i found on the bay, then I will, from the system update to 10.5.4 hopefully without crashing, and THEN update to 10.5.5 non combo Delta update that i also found on the bay

and will post the results later on.

Wish me luck ladies! :)