• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

baricrazi

baricrazi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I still can't get this to work. Can someone post the foo.c file the exact way it should look. I think that is my problem. I keep getting an error when I try to do the command that uses that file. I have a Dell D600 so I know this can work on my system. I am using the deadmoo image and have the Maxuss 0.4 patch installed. I can't figure out what is going wrong. This is the only thing I need to never use windows again!!!! Please help.

Here is the error I get:

foo.c:1: error: parse error before '{' token
foo.c:1: error: stray '\' in program
foo.c:2: error: stray '\' in program
foo.c:3: error: stray '\' in program
foo.c:3: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
foo.c:4: error: stray '\' in program
foo.c:5: error: stray '\' in program
foo.c:7: error: stray '\' in program
foo.c:7: error: syntax error before "enum"
foo.c:7:22: warning: backslash-newline at end of file
foo.c:7: error: syntax error at '#' token
foo.c:7: error: parse error before "NULL"
foo.c:15:14: error: invalid suffix "void" on integer constant

netgodsrdn2

netgodsrdn2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

works perfectly with a WPC54G, anyone know a minipci card with the broadcom chipset?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of Dells came with a "Dell Wireless 1350" which at least those that I've seen were Broadcom 4306's. I've got one running in mine as I type this.

Thanks to lagnat for finding the solution which basically completes my Hackintosh...

baricrazi

baricrazi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

http://s28.yousendit...S82KYYR22ZWCO0S

The file is a bzip2, so just open a terminal to the file and type 'AppleAirPort2.bz2'. You'll need to follow the end of his instructions, where he has you copy the file into your /System/Library/Extensions/...whatever.  Probably need to do the chmod and all that as well.

EDIT - Here is an example, do this from the directory/folder that you bunzipped the file to:
Something like this (not in MacOS now to actually try, going from memory):
$ sudo chown -R root:wheel ./AppleAirPort2
$ sudo cp -r ./AppleAirPort2 System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext/Contents/MacOS/

Then test it with sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirport2.kext

If you have some knowledge of MacOS and the Shell it shouldn't be too hard. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Update! Well I actually was able to get this to do all these steps and get the kext to load successfully. Now the problem is it didn't change anything. I still have no wireless in the network config even after rebooting. I also saw someone mention running the AirPort Utility, tried that and it still didn't work. I have checked and verified that my Dell D600 built-in wireless is a BroadCom chipset. What could I possibly be doing so wrong? Is should be possible that we could make this into an install.sh script right? Maybe that would be good for us dummies that can't get it working. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:OS X
i'm with baricazi on this one...I've tried and tried again to get this thing to work. The most frustrating part about it all is that i have the exact same specs as both baricazi and lagnat. Again, if there is anyone capable of putting this together into a nice install.sh file like maxuss did with his patches, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;)

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
barcrazi, i sent you a pm.

weeguy

weeguy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
does it work on the linksys wireless b pcmcia card? i believe the model no. is wpc11. googling tells me the wpc11 v3 is based on the broadcom chip.

jm9843

jm9843

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
;)

Thank yous to lagnat and cyrana for their work on this. It went a lot smoother than getting 1280x800 to work properly. My integrated wireless is now working flawlessly.

WEP encrypted network
Dell 700m
Dell Wireless WLAN 1350 Adapter Rev4.4
-> Broadcom BCM4306/BCM2050

Now the only hurdle that I have is enabling quartz extreme. Are there are any 700m users reading this who have a difinitive answer on QE? If so, help a brotha out and send me a PM.

Thanks again guys.

weeguy

weeguy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
http://broadcom.rapla.net/
A list of adapters using broadcom chips.

TonyDennis

TonyDennis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Anyone know if there is a USB wireless adaptor that uses this chipset?

buwie

buwie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

The only ones that are supported are some TI (Texas Instruments) PCMCIA/Cardbus chips.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, some, it seems it won't recognise the TI PCI7420 cardbus Controller :)
I've been messing around with the Info.plist in IOPCCardFamily but to no avail...
Too bad, the Airport2.kext seems to load fine, but my WPC54G won't blink a light.

Seems to me, like Cyrana said before, some work on the PCMCIA controllers has to be done, atleast to make it work in my HP/Compaq nx5000.

Damn, so close :D, anyway, lagnat, thanx for the work!

Bart

Bart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Can't get my WMP54G to work :/ I used cyrana's file and guide

abc123

abc123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No luck with my WPC54G rev. 2 too.. Was able to compile and load the kext though..

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts

No luck with my WPC54G rev. 2 too..  Was able to compile and load the kext though..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only the rev. 1 has the Broadcom chipset that the Airport uses, unfortunately.

Too many variables to see why it won't work for some. For whatever reason, some people probably have PCMCIA errors as well that are causing problems.

bobblah

bobblah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Worked perfect for me, Dell 600m with the minipci 802.11a/b/g card. With the expanded hard drive space, I am now an apple!

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
for the people that have gotten this to work for them: if you could please post some detailed instructions/examples of what steps exactly you took, that would be much appreciated...thanks.

Ray-t

Ray-t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ACER aspire 1610, WLAN 802.11g mini-PCI module chipset BCM4306 / BCM2050

Applied the patch, now the internal pci module is recognized as an Airport, but I don't get any signal : (

It maybe my card, it has some weird problems, on XP for example, when I try to enable it windows says to use the hardware switch, but this model of aspire hasn't got any hardware switch!!! so I have to go in sleep mode and then when I exit the sleep mode the wifi card is on and working...weird isn't it?!?!?
Anyone any clue?

Andrea

phoenix3885

phoenix3885

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
If someone who already has this working could please upload their entire appleairport2.kext package then that would be awesome! I deleted mine and accidently cleared the trashbin. please help!

Blackice

Blackice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
download the Darwin 8.01 CD (in case you ever do that to anything else)

baricrazi

baricrazi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
So I copied the original AppleAirPort2.kext from Darwin and put it back in the extensions dir to start over. I thrn followed the directions exactly. This time all of the commands executed successfully so I rebooted. After bootup I still have nothing. How can this be, I have the exact same Dell D600 as several others who have gotten it to work. I did however find out that the error I was getting with the foo.c file was due to the fact that I was using TextEdit to make the file and so it was in RTF format even though I changed the extension. So I downloaded TextMate and made the file with it and no more errors. Now if I could only figure out why it's still not working. Help me please! This is the only thing keeping me from being a full time Mac person. Thanks!

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts
Well, the systems can't be exactly the same if this works on one and not the other. Perhaps there is a different BIOS revision or something between them, or some combination of patches is causing a problem. Only the Dell 1350 network card is known to work, too (or does the 1400?). The intel 2200 option won't.

I ordered an HP W450 miniPCI card that has a broadcom chip in it, so I'll be able to test it next week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy