• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

TA_Superman

TA_Superman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Can everyone who got it to work list their card? Hoping it works with a Intel 2200B/G also

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:OS X
great...downloading now. If there's any way that you could post that modified version of the file we need lagnat, that would be much appreciated. I'll always be worried i'm missing some code or something

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts
I've said quite a few times it won't work with anything but the BROADCOM chipset that the Airport and other cards have. No chance in hell of Intel stuff working, sorry.

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
cyrana, I've got the broadcom chipset on my Dell, and I really would like to get wireless working. Is there any way you could post the finished file we need to update our drivers? I would really appreciate it if you've got it handy. Thanks in advance!

Bart

Bart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
someone upload some files ;D
I don't want to download 387mb just to install a Wlan driver :/

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts
If someone can show me some good anonymous place to put the compiled file I could do it I guess. I'm just overly paranoid until things are out of beta...I don't know if this sort of stuff is a grey area or what.

Bart

Bart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
http://www.yousendit.com/ ?

baricrazi

baricrazi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Maxxus has been using the following sites to host his patches. So far so good. Can you get the binary uploaded to one of these places.

urls deleted

This is a huge step! Thanks to you and everyone else on this site for all your efforts. I can't wait to use this solution since I have a Dell Latitude D600.

baricrazi

k1n6w4r3z

k1n6w4r3z

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
all clear except step 6. what do u mean with copy the missing function?
u mean all the code section of the web page?

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts

Maxxus has been using the following sites to host his patches. So far so good. Can you get the binary uploaded to one of these places.
This is a huge step! Thanks to you and everyone else on this site for all your efforts. I can't wait to use this solution since I have a Dell Latitude D600.
baricrazi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The file is a bzip2, so just open a terminal to the file and type 'AppleAirPort2.bz2'. You'll need to follow the end of his instructions, where he has you copy the file into your /System/Library/Extensions/...whatever. Probably need to do the chmod and all that as well.

EDIT - Here is an example, do this from the directory/folder that you bunzipped the file to:
Something like this (not in MacOS now to actually try, going from memory):
$ sudo chown -R root:wheel ./AppleAirPort2
$ sudo cp -r ./AppleAirPort2 System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext/Contents/MacOS/

Then test it with sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirport2.kext

If you have some knowledge of MacOS and the Shell it shouldn't be too hard. :P

Edited - dmca

Edited by Hagar, 17 February 2006 - 09:45 PM.

baricrazi

baricrazi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well everything was good up until I tried to the last command to test it and then I got this error.

tiger-x86:~/work root# sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirport2.kext
can't add kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirport2.kext (validation error) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)
kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirport2.kext has problems:
Validation failures
{
"Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code" = true
}

I am not familiar with MacOS at all. Matter as a fact I have had this installed for about 2 weeks and this is the first time I have ever used MacOS. Any help would be appreciated.

k1n6w4r3z

k1n6w4r3z

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
i've got a belkin pccard and it seems to work.... when i plug it in the airport changes in scanning mode but my computer freezes, if i take the card out i get it back working.
in the dmesg the only error i can see is: failed to determinate ram size
allocated 64 cluster.
just another bad srtory :-(

Qapf

Qapf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
works perfectly with a WPC54G, anyone know a minipci card with the broadcom chipset?

bubbaganoush

bubbaganoush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Works with linksys wmp54gs, but it doesn't seem to connect.
Connects without any encryption, this might be because i have a terrible wireless signal. Anyways it works to some extent atleast :lol:

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
cyrana, you mentioned before that you could get the kext to load successfully but could not initialize your card to start. I'm running into the same peculiar problem. Did you find a solution to this? I'm running a dell latitude D610. I know that it's supposed to work on this system. Wireless is all i need now to make this my permanent OS!! Let me know where you're at on it.

Qapf

Qapf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
after running the kext the card must be configured, reboot once to get the port in network connections, then run the airpot assistant, it will fail, but it will leave the card in a working state. then use internet connect to join an AP. and tada

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts

cyrana, you mentioned before that you could get the kext to load successfully but could not initialize your card to start. I'm running into the same peculiar problem. Did you find a solution to this? I'm running a dell latitude D610. I know that it's supposed to work on this system. Wireless is all i need now to make this my permanent OS!! Let me know where you're at on it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My HP NC6000 has some O2Micro Cardbus controller, which isn't supported in OS X or Darwin... I get an NC8230 next week which has a TI chipset.

The only ones that are supported are some TI (Texas Instruments) PCMCIA/Cardbus chips.

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
okay cyrna. In that case, I need to get in touch with someone else. Does anyone with a dell latitude d600 get this to work on their PC?

trieu_tulong

trieu_tulong

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

works perfectly with a WPC54G, anyone know a minipci card with the broadcom chipset?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a Dell 8600 with a mini-pci BroadCom 1450 and it works flawlessly.

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
thanks qapf, but after loading the kext and rebooting, I don't get anything coming up if I go to network connections at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy