10.5.5 update?

pritthish

114 posts in this topic

iATKOS clean install update to 10.5.5 works 100% on the laptop in my sig

kenny

How exactly did you do it?

What kexts did you delete/add/skip?

Did you modify the install at start up file like in Netkas instruction?

Looking into the package using Pacifist, I see the following kexts that MIGHT cause problems:

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (this is the one we deleted using the Netkas method for 10.5.3)

System.kext

I'm curious if these were removed before rebooting for those that managed to update. Please let us know.

How exactly did you do it?

What kexts did you delete/add/skip?

Did you modify the install at start up file like in Netkas instruction?

Vanilla install from iATKOS v4 10.5.4 (fresh external drive)

on reboot went to software update, let it download and install

let it reboot....

it did auto reboot once, then all is good

.....did not delete/add/skip anything

I did not even download the standalone comboupdate.....I just let osx do it all

I think I'll try it on the desk top

Looking into the package using Pacifist, I see the following kexts that MIGHT cause problems:

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (this is the one we deleted using the Netkas method for 10.5.3)

System.kext

I'm curious if these were removed before rebooting for those that managed to update. Please let us know.

Under System profiler I am showing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext as being loaded

Works on Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.4, and now 10.5.5 :( , all using the AMD Software Patcher 0.5.

AMD 3500+

MSI K8N Neo4 SLI,

40453914hy0.jpg

Could you tell me how you did it (and what kernel you're using, I'm using the sleep Kernel, though I'm not sure if that makes a difference)? Specifically, in case you downloaded the standalone update for 10.5.4 and 10.5.5, how do I properly patch them with ASU before install? I simply don't want to take any chances, plus ASU won't download the 10.5.4 combo update for some reason (the status bar won't move).

Kalyway users tried this? I don't want to get the kernel panic in 10.5.5 upgrade.

Here's mine

kalyway install 10.5.1 -> kalyway combo 10.5.2 -> kalyway combo 10.5.3 -> Apple Software Upgrade.

Are there new nvinstaller for 10.5.5?

Edited: new graphic driver for 10.5.5 http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=56

No, no, no. Those were just kexts etc of the pre-release versions of 10.5.5 for people that wanted to try just the graphic drivers... NOT an updated injector or anything.

cmon kalyway users! :S my setup so far: kalyway 10.5.2 > kalyway 10.5.3 combo > software update 10.5.4 > Dell Post Installer...

anyone with a dell, does the speedstep hack still work with 10.5.5?? what bout the rest of the stuff (x3100 nd {censored}...)

What's the best way to backup/image OSX? I have a Dell M1330 with 3 partitions, dual booting Vista (third partition for data).

Ideally, I would like to image the partition so I can quickly restore it. What imaging software should I use? Never imaged OSX before.

Thanks

Acronis has always done the trick for me

Any word on it working with Kalyway and/or JaS builds? This thing *SHOULD* be safe for all vanilla I'd imagine. I need to go home and plug this laptop in to Time Machine before I give it a spin. Though I figure with a Dual Core Intel CPU, GMAX3100 GFX, etc. it should be a walk in the park for us Inspiron owners.

Your thoughts?

Darwin MacBook-Pro.local 9.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.4.0: Mon Jun 9 19:30:53 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.20~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

lol, just realised, we got the exact same setup :( waiting to hear if you got it working properly now :P

What's the best way to backup/image OSX? I have a Dell M1330 with 3 partitions, dual booting Vista (third partition for data).

Ideally, I would like to image the partition so I can quickly restore it. What imaging software should I use? Never imaged OSX before.

Thanks

Super Doper, carbon copy cloner, timemachine (but its not an image)

10.5.5 Combo Update:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...omboupdate.html

the link in the download page still redirect to 10.5.4 combo update ...

scroll down the page, and you will see 10.5.5

***** Updated real system on the laptop using software update.....works 100%

***** Downloaded the combo update for the desktop.....got panic at about 50% install, and must do time machine restore

so be sure you have a BACKUP!!!!!!!

I'll try the auto update after the restore

Kenny

Very smooth update here, running installation from retail dvd, pc_efi_v8 on guid.

Users with GA-(E)P35-DS(x) just remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and that's it.

* Just had to restore my previous AppleHDA

** I installed standalone version of 10.5.5 update from my spare usb drive

Thanks for posting the direct links.

Does anybody know what the difference is between the "Client Patch" and "Client Update"?

So here's the deal..

DUAL BOOT LEO4all 10.5.4/Vista

Intel DG33, 8800GT

Just installed the 10.5.5 Update and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext causes the system not to boot.

If someone can Please PLEASE advise me on what to do from this point it would be greatly appreciated. I have deliverables in the morning lol.

So here's the deal..

DUAL BOOT LEO4all 10.5.4/Vista

Intel DG33, 8800GT

Just installed the 10.5.5 Update and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext causes the system not to boot.

If someone can Please PLEASE advise me on what to do from this point it would be greatly appreciated. I have deliverables in the morning lol.

follow this guide?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107340