Windows Applications With Wine + X11 (10.4.1 - .3)

145 posts in this topic

I can install Darwine and mIRC without problems, but when I try connecting to a server with mIRC, the connection just times out.

Anyone experienced something similar and have a solution? Deerpark and Safari etc can access the internet just fine.

EDIT:

Nevermind, it was settings on the firewall. Works great!

Hello,

I'm the author of quartzdrv and I also have OpenGL and DirectX working (for my OpenGL and DirectX Win32 apps compiled for PowerPC).

I don't know if you have the latest quartzdrv sources. I rewrote about 90-100% of it some time ago, but stopped working on it since I was the only one doing so and debugging got really tedious. If anyone would like to help I might redouble my efforts.

The driver as I left it implemented the basic framework as well as some basic GDI (like MoveTo, LineTo, etc.). I got stuck on bitmaps however due to undocumented behaviors of GDI and WINE (both of which are poorly documented). I don't have Win32 programming experience and got tired of flailing in the dark.

The X11 code is ugly, largely due to X11 being ugly, so that wasn't much help either.

I'll try to correct some things posted on this thread:

1) You don't need to edit other sources to get quartzdrv to load. Just add the relevant registry variables with regedit.exe.

2) The reason OpenGL and DirectX doesn't work is because the search path is wrong. This can be fixed by either using complete paths (set in configure or the headers) or setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I'm "strobe" on the IRC channel if you want to code on this. Emphasis on coding please, not whining.

Have fun :)

did yoou plan to release your version ?

openGL and other things looks really great :)

Does anyone know why DLLs don't work? I've tried Linux Wine and it is good enough to run MS Office (kudos to the Wine people!) decently.

How are the shared libraries included with WINE built? Can we package DLLs, or are these libraries complete rewrites? Does Darwine support networking?

Sorry about all the questions, but once we get DLLs working, we'll be able to run many, many Windows apps.

Just to clarify: getting OpenGL, D3D, and library loading to work doesn't have anything to do with my driver. In fact the WINE OpenGL and D3D libraries don't work with my driver yet. They are riddled with GLX code.

To get these things working, just set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH search path and use the X11 driver.

I'm not going to distribute my code because it isn't worth my time unless someone else is willing to help code and debug it.

I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm getting this error everytime I try to launch an app.

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": dlopen(/Library/Darwine/lib/wine/winex11.drv.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib
 Referenced from: /Library/Darwine/lib/wine/winex11.drv.so
 Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib: unknown file typ
Error opening terminal: unknown.

Can anyone help me out?

I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm getting this error everytime I try to launch an app.

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": dlopen(/Library/Darwine/lib/wine/winex11.drv.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib
 Referenced from: /Library/Darwine/lib/wine/winex11.drv.so
 Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib: unknown file typ
Error opening terminal: unknown.

Can anyone help me out?

.dylib is Mach-O's equivalent of .so (shared library).

WINE is one of those things you have to learn how to debug in order to use. This is especially true of Darwine. Without using your machine first hand I could only speculate what the problem is.

If you have already installed the first my release of Darwine, you should remove it before and remove too the file osx install somewhere to mark an application is installed.

I don't remember where is it, but you can do

Terminal,

find / -name "Darwine*"

and you should find:

/Applications/Darwine.app

[...]

/library/Darwine

[...]

/System[...]

The file you have to remove should be under System, but I don't remember exactly where is it.

E.

PS: Sorry for this generic information but now I don't have osx with me.

If you have already installed the first my release of Darwine, you should remove it before and remove too the file osx install somewhere to mark an application is installed.

I don't remember where is it, but you can do

Terminal,

find / -name "Darwine*"

and you should find:

/Applications/Darwine.app

[...]

/library/Darwine

[...]

/System[...]

The file you have to remove should be under System, but I don't remember exactly where is it.

E.

PS: Sorry for this generic information but now I don't have osx with me.

i use Finder to find out file/dir ,only winehelper in application,and darwine in library

i del them,but when i try to install darwine,i find,it's the same error~~~

i use Finder to find out file/dir ,only winehelper in application,and darwine in library

i del them,but when i try to install darwine,i find,it's the same error~~~

Finder is not so aggressive...

http://s.sudre.free.fr/Stuff/PackageMaker_Howto.html

[...] To determine whether a Package has already been installed or not, Installer.app is having a look at the content of the following directory: /Library/Receipts. If there's a file named PackageName.pkg within it, then the Package has already been installed, otherwise it's the first install.

so:

Open terminal

sudo su -

cd /Library/Receipts

rm Darwine*.pkg

try to reinstall

E.