Windows Applications With Wine + X11 (10.4.1 - .3)

145 posts in this topic

Found the problem for users which have installation failure. For some reason /Applications is set as read-only for some people. Copy the installer to the root of your hard drive, open Terminal, and run "sudo Installer -pkg "/Darwine x86-Installer_0.1.1.pkg" -target tiger-x86". When it prompts, enter your account password. The machine will go quite slow and freeze up for a moment, and when it is complete Darwine will be installed. Enjoy.

TAKURO, I got that working, but i test installs through both winehelper and xterm

and it seems ones through xterm run better, wine helper seems to muck some things up. and put the applications on the wiki, like i told u a million times.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...ng_Applications

Go here and list ur applications Damn stay organized

ALSO WE NEED HELP GETTING THE ./winecfg command to actaully configure, i see to be experiences output erros and it wont write anything to the actual wine configuration file (wherever it may be)

TAKURO, I got that working, but i test installs through both winehelper and xterm

and it seems ones through xterm run better, wine helper seems to muck some things up. and put the applications on the wiki, like i told u a million times.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...ng_Applications

Go here and list ur applications Damn stay organized

ALSO WE NEED HELP GETTING THE ./winecfg command to actaully configure, i see to be experiences output erros and it wont write anything to the actual wine configuration file (wherever it may be)

winecfg works for me, i think your problem is that you used sudo to install the package and the .wine dir in your user dir ended up owned by root so when you run it as user it can't write there

You can view add to a list in the wiki http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Darwine_Apps

ALSO WHO EVER CAN COMPILE PLEASE TRY AND FIX IT SO WE CAN EDIT THE WINE CONFIG through ./winecfg, as of now it gives output errors. especially when attempting to change audio settings.

I seen the problem, Just edit user.reg inside $YOURHOME/.wine and a section for Software\\Wine.

After that you should be able to use wincfg.

E.

Just edit user.reg, then add [software\\Wine] and save the file!

Then HKEY_CURRENT_USER will bi writable by wine and by winecfg!

tiger-x86:~ curtis$ cd .wine
tiger-x86:~/.wine curtis$ nano user.reg 

WINE REGISTRY Version 2
;; All keys relative to \\User\\S-1-5-4

[Software\\Wine]

[Control Panel\\Colors] 1125196438

E.

I've added [software\\Wine] to the .wine/user.reg

but every time I run an installer the user.reg file reverts to having no [software\\Wine] entry!

So I add it again. Save it.

Close, open it up and verify the [software\\Wine] line is there.

Close. Run an installer,

[installing the Xvid codec using Gordian Knot Rip Pack, install chokes on registering the files]

then open the .wine/user.reg file and

there is no longer any [software\\Wine] line!!

Any ideas?

also is this what is causing installers to be unable to register their dll's?

man, the interface of this is a bit bizarre!

lol, win98+mac = :?

i don't test it too much here, i just tried out: winrar, winamp(install but don't startup correctly), teamspeak(don't works too).

i tested too a little other programs, like adls automatic autentication and etc, some works and others hangon, i will play more a bit with it for make best opinion.

Hello,

I'm the author of quartzdrv and I also have OpenGL and DirectX working (for my OpenGL and DirectX Win32 apps compiled for PowerPC).

I don't know if you have the latest quartzdrv sources. I rewrote about 90-100% of it some time ago, but stopped working on it since I was the only one doing so and debugging got really tedious. If anyone would like to help I might redouble my efforts.

The driver as I left it implemented the basic framework as well as some basic GDI (like MoveTo, LineTo, etc.). I got stuck on bitmaps however due to undocumented behaviors of GDI and WINE (both of which are poorly documented). I don't have Win32 programming experience and got tired of flailing in the dark.

The X11 code is ugly, largely due to X11 being ugly, so that wasn't much help either.

I'll try to correct some things posted on this thread:

1) You don't need to edit other sources to get quartzdrv to load. Just add the relevant registry variables with regedit.exe.

2) The reason OpenGL and DirectX doesn't work is because the search path is wrong. This can be fixed by either using complete paths (set in configure or the headers) or setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I'm "strobe" on the IRC channel if you want to code on this. Emphasis on coding please, not whining.

Have fun :)

I don't know if you have the latest quartzdrv sources. I rewrote about 90-100% of it some time ago, but stopped working on it since I was the only one doing so and debugging got really tedious. If anyone would like to help I might redouble my efforts.

The X11 code is ugly, largely due to X11 being ugly, so that wasn't much help either.

I'll try to correct some things posted on this thread:

1) You don't need to edit other sources to get quartzdrv to load. Just add the relevant registry variables with regedit.exe.

Hi, I get quartzdrv from darwine cvs, it build correctly, but it fails on some calls. On setbkcolor wine crash so I comment out it, CreateNewWindow works and allocate the window, but the window doesn't appear and the function out with error -5600 but it's strange... errInvalidWindowPtr -5600 Invalid window pointer the pointer is exactly the same we get from CreateNewWindow! I tried to call wine as you suggested in an old discussion in the wine list by creating an application bundle.

It's strange... a test application on RunApplication(); after ShowWindow show the window, quartzdrv, never .

Due to the large interest, I decided to release a x86 build without quartzdrv!

E.

I get each time these error's:

fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID {cda42200-bd88-11d0-bd4e-00a0c911ce86}, hres is 0x80004002

wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...

fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly supported on this platform

not done

Can't attach process 8: error 87

FWRU\?

8VHUVSDWULFNZLQH

wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/Users/patrick/.wine'.

wineserver: could not save registry branch to /Users/patrick/.wine-c4OzKM/system.reg : No such file or directory

wineserver: could not save registry branch to /Users/patrick/.wine-c4OzKM/userdef.reg : No such file or directory

wineserver: could not save registry branch to /Users/patrick/.wine-c4OzKM/user.reg : No such file or directory

?GRQH

can someon help me with this......?