26 replies to this topic

DreamTrooper

DreamTrooper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
UPDATE:
Got everything working with Greenturtles KEXTs here:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=123364&view=findpost&p=887446

AMD Turion 64 x2 TL 60 2.0 GHz - Detects both cores with "cpus=2"
3 GB RAM - Detected
NVIDIA MCP67M -Works
Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter - Doesnt work, currently using D-link wua-1340 USB card for internet
Chipset: Nvidia Nforce 560 - only working @ 1024x768
AND NO SOUND :-(
im currently posting from my mac partition, but if anyone knows how to fix the above issues, please reply!!!!!

ZERO16LIVES

ZERO16LIVES

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks a bunch for this. I have this same laptop (as far as I can see) and have never been able to install natively. Either I can't get it to boot or it wont see my hard drive. After so much googling I would give up and come back to it sometimes and try again. I'm going to try this and hopefully it will work. Will post back with results.

EDIT: YES!!
Thanks so much! I used your guide and your other one on injecting drivers. I tried to use your AppleNForceATA.kext but it would crash when I tried to format my partition. I tried several ways to format it (through VMware, GParted, etc) but it never worked. So I injected GreenTurtles Extensions.mkext (thanks macontp) and it worked! One weird thing with both DVDs was that if it didn't move the mouse it would just stop. I had to keep moving the mouse the whole time, but it worked!
Thanks ObsidianX, GreenTurtle, and macontp. :)

Neil138Honky

Neil138Honky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ive followed this guide and injected green turtles mkext.
now when i boot after installation it hangs after usbf and then the dreaded "waiting for root device"
now i find that weird as the installation went fine, is there something simple im missing here?

edit, got it working (missed the idlehalt=0). now i just have the cpu throttling problem.
thanks for the great guide

Jwings

Jwings

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Attached File  SDC104771111111.JPG   1.39MB   15 downloadsAttached File  SDC1047811111111111.JPG   1.22MB   23 downloads
still waiting for root device

I use your AppleNForceATA.kext ,AppleVIAATA.kext

My notebook is HP V3631AU
处理器名称 Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-58, 1900 MHz (9.5 x 200)
主板名称 HP Pavilion dv2000
总线类型 AMD Hammer
南桥 nVIDIA nForce 7150M-630M (MCP67-M)
HD TOSHIBA MK1637GSX(160G SATAII)
Attached File  dcpdsdt.zip   45.41KB   14 downloads

kexik

kexik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the info!

Vehemens

Vehemens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
My broadcom adapter isn't working for whatever reason... what info would you need or do you even do this any longer?

Zythyr

Zythyr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
@ObsidianX, thanks a lot for the guide. I am trying to get my HP DV6607nr working with Leopard, then later I'll try to attack Snow Leopard. So far the problem I am having is that Disk Utility won't recognize my HD. Looks like both of us have very similar hardware and laptops. So I am hoping your guide will work.

What I am trying to do is, use your injection tutorial, but on the iAtkos 10.5.7 distro. My questions are:

1) Do I inject all the files you have attached to Extensions.mkext?
2)"During installation, when I click on "Customize", which extensions do I select to get my drivers working? I think I have the same hardware as you.

HP DV6607nr
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core TK-53
Motherboard: Quanta 30CF
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 560
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M
Wireless: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Sound: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio HD2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy