Now, first things first... my hardware specs:
HP Pavilion dv6605us:
nVidia MCP67 Chipset which includes:
- SATA HDD 160GB (dev: 0x0550)
- PATA SlimLine DVD Recorder (dev: 0x0560)
- Ethernet Adapter (dev: 0x054C)
- GeForce 7150m (dev: 0x0531)
- Conexant HD Audio (dev: 0x5045)
- Broadcom WiFi Adapter (dev: 0x4311)
- AMD Turion 64 Mobile TK-55 1.8GHz
- Ricoh Firewire 1394 mini port (might work, not tested)
- Ricoh Memory Card Reader (SD/xD/MMC)
The installation disk that I used to install was Leo4All v4.1. You can find this at what ever source you prefer, I won't post specifics here. This particular release contains the driver package for the hard drive already. The only thing that I encountered was that it did not use said driver during the installation process. To solve this I injected the driver into the Extensions.mkext myself.
After a few attempts of using the AppleNForceATA.kext's I found here on the forums to no avail I hacked up the driver to include my device ID's with great success. The source code and compiled driver are both attached to this post. If you need to inject it into the Extensions.mkext I have a tutorial over here related to injecting drivers. I have had no success with this but if you want to try just using the Extensions folder on the DVD (/System/Library/Extensions/) be my guest, just drop the driver in there and hope for the best.
Once you've gotten the disk to successfully find your HDD the rest is straight forward during the installation wizard. Don't use any of the Language Packs that you don't need, as each one adds a few minutes to the installation time, making the installation dreadfully long if you have them all selected.
For the options related to our hardware use:
- Forcedeth-V ONLY
- SMBIOS667 ONLY (check your memory speed to find out which number to choose, mine is 667MHz)
- 9.4.0 Kernel ONLY
- NForce67 and ONLY the Nforce67 package
- Do not select anything for audio, we have our own to install once we're in the system
- I'm pretty sure I selected the 1.1.2 ACPIPlatform package. Read the description to make sure it reflects the rest of the choices above.
Audio is so very, very simple thanks to Greenturtle985's post about the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. Install the attached kext to get your audio to work
I've had no success as of late with the GeForce 7150m due to its shared memory setup. I've been trying to get in contact with the old devs to the closest thing we've got, MacVidia, but they've yet to even acknowledge my emails/posts/PM's/etc. If anybody has any info on at least changing the resolution for this card please let me know.
I haven't worked it out yet but the DVD drive doesn't read disks at the moment. The device is properly detected by the system but is not receiving any data from disks. I believe my AppleNForceATA hack may have something to do with this, updates when I fix it.
I fixed my AppleNForceATA hack to not grab the DVD drive as well during the boot process and made AppleVIAATA grab it instead, this fixed the issue and I can read/write disks now. Attachments have been upadted.
Should work out-of-the-box with the official Apple drivers. If not, post info on it.