Backups using iTunes 8

Rufus T. Firefly

30 posts in this topic

I've used 7.7.1 and i was on 2.0.2 (jailbroken) and of course the slow backup speed. At least it backed up.

So now Im on iTunes 8 with the 2.1 jailbroken firmware. I get the error messege in the picture. . .

I reinstalled iTunes 8 no luck, deleted my old backups, no luck. Could this be an iTunes problem or the jailbroken firmware problem?

Picture1.png

with Pwnage - I usually get a 2001 error, and with quickpwn it get stuck on the white screen for a while and then I would have to hold down the power button it turns on and its still normal like it never was even touched.

to be truthful ive had a hardtime getting the phone in modeb as well. I hold down both buttons for 10sec release power while still holding down the home button, but everytime it says I fail. But if I hold down the power button afterwords then it goes into modeb but for pwnage it wont work, quickpwn will recognize it and then I just hit no to redoing it.

I've used 7.7.1 and i was on 2.0.2 (jailbroken) and of course the slow backup speed. At least it backed up.

So now Im on iTunes 8 with the 2.1 jailbroken firmware. I get the error messege in the picture. . .

I reinstalled iTunes 8 no luck, deleted my old backups, no luck. Could this be an iTunes problem or the jailbroken firmware problem?

I had also that problem, what I did for iTunes to backup my iPhone is that I deleted a lof of the apps on the iPhone, then the backup was easy and very fast, since re-installing the apps is faster than back up the iPhone.

Now with 2.1 probably backup will be faster.

I have an iPod touch, but iTunes isn't giving me any option to backup my iPod.

10d8thw.png

2gv7v4x.png

Any idea why? Or better yet, how to fix it?

EDIT: Found the fix: Quit iTunes and open terminal and type "defaults write com.apple.iTunes DeviceBackupsDisabled -bool false" without the quotes, then open iTunes again and the backup option is available.

macgirl: I'm not too concerned about the speed it's the lack of being able to backup period. I did however delete apps from the phone that I normally don't use too often. I still keep getting the error message in my first post, it says that the phone disconnected but it truly isnt because iTunes is still connect to the phone.

Hara: I have the option of backup so your problem is a bit different from mine

Okay, I got the same message you did. What I did to fix it was just rebooted the phone while everything was plugged in and deleted the app from itunes. I had the app on my phone. When it booted back up it recognized it and worked like normal. It only happened once and has been fine ever since.

Today I got an error msg "... because the iPhone disconnected", so I delete the previous backup, then selected again backup the iPhone and it was done.

As I've stated numerous times, I delete all my backups and tried to backup and and nothing happened besides the error. So that is of no use to me.

Now having said this I figured out the problem, rather research did. It turns out the the mobileinstallation file that I had was the culprit. I needed to download a patched version for 2.1.

So I installed it and it did the trick. Backups do take quite a fraction as they once did

So yeah...