How to make a patched OS X disk?

Glubbdubdribian

6 posts in this topic

Yh... so I was wondering how do you make an OSx86 install disk? what do you need to patch and how do you do it? I think it'd be great if ppl could make their own OSx86 distros but it must be extremely difficult and you must need to know OS X inside out. So... how do you OSx86 guys and girls do it??? ;)

If you mean make your own DVD patch... You're better knowing very well how to hard coded in xcode and in BSD generally. And better to get the nerves ready to stick on a problem, even if you're sleeping and dreaming about your {censored} couldn't get work! Scripts, trim, working around with kernel etc; hard job ! :D;)

easy job. get a retail dvd, and just edit the pacakges with the files u need in it. no hacking around with kernels. no using xcode. you can use the package maker to make it even easier. its just simple replacing of files. if you want to add more packages, you just edit the package dist file with a texteditor and voila, more packages

a while ago I made a guide:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1661

the most dificult thing at the time was to make the install partition bootable... If you read through you'll see Dense find a solution for that. Now chameleon installer would do fine without having to mess around with bless dummies, etc

a while ago I made a guide:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1661

the most dificult thing at the time was to make the install partition bootable... If you read through you'll see Dense find a solution for that. Now chameleon installer would do fine without having to mess around with bless dummies, etc

Chameleon has made things significantly easier. I've rewritten my scripts to not require going through bless. Without the need to use startupfiletool, our lives have been much easier in terms of automating the boot process. The biggest problem was unmounting the volume and this is no longer necessary. It really can be done in 3 lines of code in a normal package. However if you want a very thorough job you need to do a fair bit more.