GeForce 9800GT vs. 9800GTX

antex

10 posts in this topic

Can someone please explain exactly how to get a 9800GT working, I see a lot about the 9800 GTX but little about the GT version.

I am (obviously) new to most of this and have done some search, but not anything that would help me out completely, as stated above I should be able to get this GPU working by using EFI strings( I have found this: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=28 but it isn't that helpful because of my poor understanding), could someone point me too a step-by-step guide on how to get a 9800 GT fully working from a fresh iAtkos v4i install.

If this helps but i would doubt it:

Triple boot Vista, Ubuntu and iAtkos

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

Q9550 Quad Core@2.83Ghz

Raptor HD

NVIDIA @ RDC 9800GT - 1024 Mo DDR3 - PCI Express 2.0

Thanks in advance.

Since there are no files for a 1gb card, can i just use the 512mb files(thus having a performance loss)

What about EFI v8, is this what i have with iAtkos v4i? To boot Leopard I use GRUB with pc_efi(PC_EFI V8.0), does PC_EFI v8 mean the same thing as EFI V8?(You can easily get confused in these areas i tend to notice.)

Thanks for the help.

I posted a guide in this section on the back end of a thread. It works perfectly fine! Currently using with string. Just search 9800gt in the main section and it'll pull up my posting. 9800gt is basically a 8800gt with 3 way sli support

• 3 weeks later...