• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Jemi9OD

Jemi9OD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

u need not worry about adding/removing kext(s) in initrd as long as u have the minimum required ones.

if you're interested in having efi-strings support w/ boot-132, u can check this guide. consider it as an evolved boot-132 approach. :lol:

I'll be sure to do that - my only concern is that it took me a while just to get the booting from a partition to work! =) Of course, now that I have the right files and kexts for 80% of my hardware, I can easily get back to this point if I manage to mungle something up.

raggedjagged

raggedjagged

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard (not EP35, but the original P35), is there a boot-132 ISO for this motherboard? Or if not, what's the best one to work with this motherboard? Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

SCSI_2k

SCSI_2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard (not EP35, but the original P35), is there a boot-132 ISO for this motherboard? Or if not, what's the best one to work with this motherboard? Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

I also have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R rev 1 and I'm also looking for a boot-123 ISO for it.

squidwardd

squidwardd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hi all. Really great information here. I am a complete noob and have only done four things so far: Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on a PC, got super excited, ordered all new parts for a new OSx86, and starting reading these forums in anticipation.

I am planning on using the MACinized process described here.

Note my hardware in my signature. I would like to create the Boot-132 ISO now so everything goes smooth when the parts arrive.

But I am a total noob when it comes to all of this and am getting very confused. I would love any help on figuring out what I need for my motherboard, video card, and audio to work smoothly as well as sleep, etc. I can find various references to video card stuff with NVinject

The Hardware Compatibility List has an AppleHDA.kext for the mobo. Or there's also the Install Guide from lensboard with all kexts for this exact mobo here.

The HCL also has info on the 9800 GTX but not my 9800 GT.

Again, sorry for the noob question and it might be painfully obvious when I'm actually doing it and not preparing for it, but I'd love to have the ISO ready and know exactly what I'm going to do because if I don't, I know I'll stay up all night when all of the parts arrive working on it.

I sincerely thank everyone for their help in advance!

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Hi all. Really great information here. I am a complete noob and have only done four things so far: Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on a PC, got super excited, ordered all new parts for a new OSx86, and starting reading these forums in anticipation.

I am planning on using the MACinized process described here.

Note my hardware in my signature. I would like to create the Boot-132 ISO now so everything goes smooth when the parts arrive.

But I am a total noob when it comes to all of this and am getting very confused. I would love any help on figuring out what I need for my motherboard, video card, and audio to work smoothly as well as sleep, etc. I can find various references to video card stuff with NVinject

The Hardware Compatibility List has an AppleHDA.kext for the mobo. Or there's also the Install Guide from lensboard with all kexts for this exact mobo here.

The HCL also has info on the 9800 GTX but not my 9800 GT.

Again, sorry for the noob question and it might be painfully obvious when I'm actually doing it and not preparing for it, but I'd love to have the ISO ready and know exactly what I'm going to do because if I don't, I know I'll stay up all night when all of the parts arrive working on it.

I sincerely thank everyone for their help in advance!

from lensboard's guide, just get all the necessary extra kexts for your pc/mobo. then u can use my boot-132-disc maker (see sig).

for your video card, u may try the efi-string provided here.

good luck.

raggedjagged

raggedjagged

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

I also have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R rev 1 and I'm also looking for a boot-123 ISO for it.

I have exactly the same board!! Same revision too. Did you manage to find a proper boot-132 image for it yet? I'd like to know which one works for this board too.

Thanks in advance.

bingeboyX86

bingeboyX86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
After having issues with a few boot 132 iso's I have tried to make my own. I have successfully made a the iso and burnt with disk utility but my pc won't reconize the disc. I have also tried using the slimboot method but keep getting this error:

SlimBuild v2.0 ©Galaxy 2008.
Special Thanks To:
munky - getting the public interested in SlimBuild.
BladeRunner - com.apple.Boot.plist RAMDISK population / sript ideas.
Testers - for their input on the scripts usability.

##### PREVIOUSBUILD SESSION EXECUTED #####
This session's build time is 2008-11-23-171852
This session's files will be available at PreviousBuilds/Build.2008-11-23-171852

##### MKEXT CREATION PHASE #####
Permissions are being set for the following extensions:
find: Extensions: No such file or directory
All extensions have proper permissions for meta-kernel extension cache creation.
Performing kextcache operation, please wait a moment...
Meta-kernel extension cache creation failed! Aborting!
mobilebinges-macbook-pro-15:boot-132-disc mobilebinge$

With the default 132 loader I'm getting a ghost buster icon.
Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

After having issues with a few boot 132 iso's I have tried to make my own. I have successfully made a the iso and burnt with disk utility but my pc won't reconize the disc. I have also tried using the slimboot method but keep getting this error:

SlimBuild v2.0 Galaxy 2008.
Special Thanks To:
munky - getting the public interested in SlimBuild.
BladeRunner - com.apple.Boot.plist RAMDISK population / sript ideas.
Testers - for their input on the scripts usability.

##### PREVIOUSBUILD SESSION EXECUTED #####
This session's build time is 2008-11-23-171852
This session's files will be available at PreviousBuilds/Build.2008-11-23-171852

##### MKEXT CREATION PHASE #####
Permissions are being set for the following extensions:
find: Extensions: No such file or directory
All extensions have proper permissions for meta-kernel extension cache creation.
Performing kextcache operation, please wait a moment...
Meta-kernel extension cache creation failed! Aborting!
mobilebinges-macbook-pro-15:boot-132-disc mobilebinge$

With the default 132 loader I'm getting a ghost buster icon.
Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks

to use slimbuild you must run the script as root. Do the following:
cd slimbuild-directory
sudo ./slimbuild2.sh
your-password Enter

The next thing is the "gohst buster icon". You should *always* use the -v kernel flag when experimenting with something new. How else will you ever learn what is happening. If you haven't used the -v flag you shouldn't be asking "what to do next" because no one can help you without that data.

You should be entering something like the following at the install dvd F8 prompt:
rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.xxx  -v  boot-uuid=your-long-disk-uuid

bingeboyX86

bingeboyX86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

to use slimbuild you must run the script as root. Do the following:

cd slimbuild-directory
sudo ./slimbuild2.sh
your-password Enter

The next thing is the "gohst buster icon". You should *always* use the -v kernel flag when experimenting with something new. How else will you ever learn what is happening. If you haven't used the -v flag you shouldn't be asking "what to do next" because no one can help you without that data.

You should be entering something like the following at the install dvd F8 prompt:
rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.xxx  -v  boot-uuid=your-long-disk-uuid

Thanks for the reply.

I'm wondering if I'm doing something basic wrong since I have been trying to boot with -v but after I insert the dvd in the drive that was running the boot 132 in just goes into a grey loading screen.

This is the process I've been doing.
1. Setup to boot from dvd then hd
2. Insert boot 132 into dvd drive
3 After Darwin load screen comes up I hit 9f and -v then swap 10.5 retail in place of the boot 132 cd.
4. Hit enter and loader starts then freezes.

MikeHunt79

MikeHunt79

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hey, I'm using this method, and it 99% works, it's just that it will not find the boot.plist file when I boot up...

I'm guessing it has to be on the First HFS partition that OSX is on?

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

Thanks for the reply.

I'm wondering if I'm doing something basic wrong since I have been trying to boot with -v but after I insert the dvd in the drive that was running the boot 132 in just goes into a grey loading screen.

This is the process I've been doing.
1. Setup to boot from dvd then hd
2. Insert boot 132 into dvd drive
3 After Darwin load screen comes up I hit 9f and -v then swap 10.5 retail in place of the boot 132 cd.
4. Hit enter and loader starts then freezes.

OK! We need to go back to some basics. You have the sequence wrong. Let's try it this way:

• boot from the boot-132 cd
  • at the first prompt press F8
  • Press Esc - you should then see a prompt asking for the hex drive ID
  • eject the boot-132 cd and insert the install dvd
  • when the dvd drive activity stops don't enter anything - just press enter
  • when you see the prompt from the install dvd press F8
  • at the next prompt enter the following or something close to it

• rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.xxxx -v boot-uuid=your-install-dvd-uuid
  • or enter
  • rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.xxxx -v rd=diskXsY

If you don't know the uuid for your install dvd, insert it in an OS X system and start disk utility -> select the install dvd -> select the "Info" icon

You can use the rd=diskXsY format in place of the boot-uuid= if you wish, but the value for diskXsY can and will change depending on the boot sequence and the boot-uuid will never change.

If you wish to avoid most of that typing you can go back and recreate your boot-132 CD. Add a com.apple.Boot.plist file to the root of your initrd.img file. Make the required changes to the example below to match your install dvd and desired kernel.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
		<key>Graphics Mode</key>
		<string>"1280x1024x24"</string>
		<key>Kernel</key>
		<string>rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo-b1</string>
		<key>Kernel Flags</key>
		<string>boot-uuid=A1886FF9-833F-3DC5-A810-CDB842AC58C9 -v </string>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<string>7</string>
</dict>
</plist>

damarsman

damarsman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
GA-EP45v2.iso (GA-EP45-DS3R)

NOTE: The filename doesn't say it but I found that in the GA-EP45-DS3R thread and they seemed to be using it.

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

GA-EP45v2.iso (GA-EP45-DS3R)

NOTE: The filename doesn't say it but I found that in the GA-EP45-DS3R thread and they seemed to be using it.

would u kindly provide the link where u got this iso? hope someone can confirm this to work with ga-ep45-ds3r as provided so that i can add it to post#1.

damarsman

damarsman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Click it.

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Click it.

& i get the download link residing in mediafire. what i mean is the insanelymac thread source (or other site) to give proper acknowledgement to the one who compiled that boot-132 for that specific mobo!

damarsman

damarsman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

& i get the download link residing in mediafire. what i mean is the insanelymac thread source (or other site) to give proper acknowledgement to the one who compiled that boot-132 for that specific mobo!

http://forum.insanel...mp;#entry947509

K2`

K2`

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I've got my leopard installed, however when i installed it... disk utility only saw 128 GBs on my 500 GB Harddrive... also the harddrive is running really slow.. it even says so in Xbench. The drive is a Seagate SATA drive

can anybody help?

nachtschatten

nachtschatten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi

my sys constantly reboots after inserting the retail macOSx DVD

the boting with boot 132boot cd works fine...... but the next step it reboots ....

any ideas whats cause this could have ??

regards

maduraleaf

maduraleaf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I am an absolute beginner and want to install OS X 10.5.1 from an original retail DVD on my PC according to munky's guide (http://forum.insanel...howtopic=127330). My Board is a MSI 7267 (945GCM5). I have a new Samsung SATA HDD on which, in case of success, I want to install WinXP on a second partition later.

* I downloaded GA-965P-DS3 v2 by Sabr and burnt the iso to a cd
* Booted from CD, swapped to Leopard DVD and started install
* It seems that the installation begins - at least the Apple Logo appears...

... And nothing happens. The Apple screen remains "frozen" and there is no DVD or HDD activity.

Do I need a special Boot-132 Disc Loader in order to install? Unfortunately, can not make my own Boot Loader. Can anyone please provide my with a proper file?

Thank you in advance and apologies for possible English errors.

maduraleaf

maduraleaf

maduraleaf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello experts!

To be more precise, these messages appear in diagnosic mode (-v):

Extension "com.apple.driver.APPLEACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Extension "com.apple.driver.APPLEIntelCPUPowerManagement" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

At the bottom it says:

dsmos: initializing...
(...)
MAC Framework sucessfully initialized
using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
dsmos: Starting...

This is where the system hangs (Apple logo in not-diagnostic mode).

I think I need a tailored Boot-132 loader for my MSI 7267 (945GCM5) main board. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy