Boot-132 Loaders for Retail Vanilla Leopard Install in a Disk Partition

MACinized

90 posts in this topic

I've got my leopard installed, however when i installed it... disk utility only saw 128 GBs on my 500 GB Harddrive... also the harddrive is running really slow.. it even says so in Xbench. The drive is a Seagate SATA drive

can anybody help?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am an absolute beginner and want to install OS X 10.5.1 from an original retail DVD on my PC according to munky's guide (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127330). My Board is a MSI 7267 (945GCM5). I have a new Samsung SATA HDD on which, in case of success, I want to install WinXP on a second partition later.

* I downloaded GA-965P-DS3 v2 by Sabr and burnt the iso to a cd

* Booted from CD, swapped to Leopard DVD and started install

* It seems that the installation begins - at least the Apple Logo appears...

... And nothing happens. The Apple screen remains "frozen" and there is no DVD or HDD activity.

Do I need a special Boot-132 Disc Loader in order to install? Unfortunately, can not make my own Boot Loader. Can anyone please provide my with a proper file?

Thank you in advance and apologies for possible English errors.

maduraleaf

Hello experts!

To be more precise, these messages appear in diagnosic mode (-v):

Extension "com.apple.driver.APPLEACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Extension "com.apple.driver.APPLEIntelCPUPowerManagement" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

At the bottom it says:

dsmos: initializing...

(...)

MAC Framework sucessfully initialized

using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

dsmos: Starting...

This is where the system hangs (Apple logo in not-diagnostic mode).

I think I need a tailored Boot-132 loader for my MSI 7267 (945GCM5) main board. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'd like to hire someone to create a custom boot 132 image for me.

My hardware is pretty standard it's just my eyesite isn't what it used to be to be typing so much etc.

How much would you charge?

I would pay via paypal. I already have the retail DVD of leopard.

Thanks,

Miron

ps Macinized, your inbox is full. I'd love it to be you!!

Hello,

I'd like to hire someone to create a custom boot 132 image for me.

My hardware is pretty standard it's just my eyesite isn't what it used to be to be typing so much etc.

How much would you charge?

I would pay via paypal. I already have the retail DVD of leopard.

Thanks,

Miron

ps Macinized, your inbox is full. I'd love it to be you!!

pls. post your computer specs. i'm sure the community will be able to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Need your help, please!

I have a retail leopard dvd and want to boot it with the generic bootloader.

Generic Bootloader comes up and seems to work fine. :D

Then it says "boot: "

I think thats the time to insert my retail leopard, isnt it?

After i inserted leopard and pressed enter it says "enter two-digit hexadecimal boot device [9f]: "

Ok i tried everthing now, the only option that is working is entering 80 but then it wants to boot windows xp. :)

I think i need to enter the code for my dvd drive, right? But i dont have a clue which number it is...

Can anybody please, please tell me how to boot leopard?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi there!

Need your help, please!

I have a retail leopard dvd and want to boot it with the generic bootloader.

Generic Bootloader comes up and seems to work fine. ;)

Then it says "boot: "

I think thats the time to insert my retail leopard, isnt it?

After i inserted leopard and pressed enter it says "enter two-digit hexadecimal boot device [9f]: "

Ok i tried everthing now, the only option that is working is entering 80 but then it wants to boot windows xp. :D

I think i need to enter the code for my dvd drive, right? But i dont have a clue which number it is...

Can anybody please, please tell me how to boot leopard?

Thanks in advance! ;)

u should no longer be needing to enter any hexadecimal boot device. the default, which as u provided - 9f, is the hexadecimal code for your optical drive. that means, u only need to press [ENTER].

good luck.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi MACinized

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes.

I follow your instructions, which are perfect! However, after I install OSX, I put back in the bootloader CD and select my partition. There are a TON of kexts that load, and then my PC reboots. Any ideas?

I have a Dell 4600 with an Nvidia GEForce FX5700 video card and on-board network (Intel PRO/100 VE)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Is there anyone that can build me an the boot 132.iso for my computer

i don't currently have access to a mac.

My Specs are as follows:

Sager np9262 built on:

Clevo D901c

intel core quad 2.83

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTX

4gig ram

2-300gb Hitachi hard drives.

I currently Have windows Vista 64 ultimate. But I would like to have the Mac as well. ;)

I have a Mac OS X Retail 10.5.6 DVD

Thanks in advance. I would gladly pay someone to do this for me if I knew where to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Is there any special bootloader for my Asus P5Q SE mobo? I tried with the generic one and an IDE optical drive and the Leopard Retail 10.5.6 disc remains stuck at the Apple Logo. I doesn't go on from there.

Should I try with a SATA drive or do I really need a custom made bootloader?

Thank you very much.

I have been trying this boot132 method for a few days now and I'm just looking for direction even if it's give up based on my specs. I have successfully installed Kalyway, iPC, and iDeneb with Kalyway being the cleanest runner. Anyway right now I have been running into the classic "still waiting for root device" when using the boot132 (tried a few versions) after I put the reail leopard disc in. At first I wasn't worried and disabled some things in my bios, took out my ethernet cable, and anything else I've had to do in the past for hacked installs. Here is my computer:

Dell XPS 410

Dell P965 BTX motherboard

Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.40 GHz 4MB shared L2 cache)

Toshiba TS-H553 16X DVD+RW SATA

Hard Drive, 250GB, S2, 7.2K, 16M Lead Free, SGT-T

NVidia 7900 GS

Another thing worth mentioning is before trying this boot132 I loaded my iPC isntaller to use the disk utility to pre-format my drive which might have been a dumb move. That's sort of the next thing I am thinking needs looking into is the state/format/permissions of my hd. Thoughts?

Are there any boot-loaders set up for core i7 boards yet?

On the hardware 10.5.6 compatibility list the i7 920 processor is listed as working on the dx58so, but I haven't seen anything else about i7's as far as installing. I'd really like to do the boot132 deal.

Any help?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...