Will Apple repair my iPhone?

freddyt234

5 posts in this topic

I have an unlocked First Gen iPhone but today my friend knocked it out my hand and onto the floor and now the glass screen is all smashed...it's still working fine just the screen has a gazillion cracks down it...It's still got the warranty but would they normally repair broken screen and will they even notice that it's unlocked???

thank you

I have an unlocked First Gen iPhone but today my friend knocked it out my hand and onto the floor and now the glass screen is all smashed...it's still working fine just the screen has a gazillion cracks down it...It's still got the warranty but would they normally repair broken screen and will they even notice that it's unlocked???

thank you

They'll fix it, but I doubt it's going to be covered under the warranty. Now, you might find a really nice employee that "lets it slide", but I wouldn't count on it.

I dropped my ist gen iphone and I've just been to my apple store in Meadowhall, it's not covered by the warranty(classed as accidental damage!) They replaced the phone there and then at a cost of £139. Only one thing though they got me to sign on my itunes account to reactivate the phone! So they will know there's something amiss if you haven't got the orginal sim card or haven't activated it.

Picard323

If you put the Apple firmware back on, lock it all back up and seal all they holes the Jail Breaking could have caused they will not know the difference if you do it right and they will repair it.

I assume you activated your contract, other wise i must say it would look suspicious bringing an "un-used" phone back for repair...

Think Mark

There are loads of tut's for replacing iPhone displays, buying a display from the net is cheaper than getting a repair place replace it 99% of the time. Just need to know what your doing.

GSM Forums - Apple/iPhone Section

there is at least 7 iPhone opening/display replace threads in there.

(speaking from a repair center experience) if it's not apple doing the work, most repair places wouldn't give a damn if you unlocked the handset or not as they charge you for the work/parts, they don't claim the cost back from Apple so there is no chance of the claim being rejected.

You would only be knackered if you went for an exchange