iTunes 8 avaiable!

Acid_Burn

61 posts in this topic

Works Great on my system (specs below). Running iATKOS 10.5.4 everything vanilla. I don't notice any speed/ performance improvements. Only a new visualizer (very nice if I may add), and that genius sidebar.

I can say that this genius thing is slow....really slow.

Its been "gathering information about my library" for over an hour now.

In case people are wondering I have 13,414 songs using 101.59gb

OMG this is very big library, hour is very good for this library :D

Really appreciate the advice.

I will let to discover new iTunes features -- aka use "Genius" -- when going to bed. Got an external USB drive on Airport Extreme with about 300Gb AAC files...

Works fine on my vanilla hackintosh rig but that is the deal with Genius?

I'm just gonna let Apple look at my private database of music? And what for, so they can just sell me more music?

Most of my music, like my operating system, are courtesy of a man with an addiction to rum, a patch over one eye, a hook for a hand, and parrot on the shoulder.

Enough of big brother looking over my shoulder.

Get stuffed Jobs!!!

Got home after it finished up the genius so I can't give a time on how long the final process took.

From how it looked before I left I'm guessing about 90 min for that library of mine.

Tried genius....honestly....it was putting stuff together I never would.

It might get better as more people upload their libraries and their current playlists (I'm sure it looks a those), but as of right now I turned it off.

The sidebar was driving me nuts...couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Just want the button on the bottom and then for it to make a playlist...no need for the sidebar.

Definitely not worth the effort in my opinion for the suggestions it gave. Especially since it looks like it doesn't actually look at the songs more than the titles.

For example, I have a Chris Cornell Acoustic show of him doing one of his Audioslave songs. It couldn't find the song in its database to suggest others cause I had his solo version checked, not the full (there are differences between the two). So I don't think its looking at bpm or anything like that...just titles and artists...and if you have something in your library that isn't in the itunes store...good luck on that.

dmn my iTunes is crashing after launching it.

I'm using a amd machine with chameleon efi :/

edit: also quicktime is crashing.

I have the same problem. I'm using kalyway 10.5.2 on an AMD. Did you get the problem figured out or will I have to downgrade?

my library is 627.23gb, i won't let itunes touch it! i'll let it play music from the drive but won't let it organize it. i already have everything sorted by genre. i'd rather not have it sorted into folders by artist and album. it would take me too long to find everything in scratchlive.

my library is 627.23gb, i won't let itunes touch it! i'll let it play music from the drive but won't let it organize it. i already have everything sorted by genre. i'd rather not have it sorted into folders by artist and album. it would take me too long to find everything in scratchlive.

Oh...it never sorts my music!!! Are you kidding?!?!?

I actually sort it myself...but strangely in the same method it does (artist - album - song, etc...)

But I do have one off songs instead of full albums in folders under each artist called various (if I only have one song from an album and stuff)

It took that long for "Genius" to look at my music to tell me what should go with what.

And like I said..I don't think it actually looks at the details..only what you got...what that matches in the store....cause thats all that it seems to figure out.

And then makes recommendations based on that. Only stuff that's available in the store (not meaning you bought it there - but the artist - song combo better be there for it)