Sound Driver

Brandon Roots

6 posts in this topic

Just an observation... but while using the Sigma Tel audio driver the optical out port is ALWAYS on. I have never noticed the red glow coming from the side on my MacBook Pro in OS X, so I'm assuming there must be some kind of sensor/switch in the headphone jack that only turns on the optical out when something is plugged in on OS X, maybe like how newer ipods detect headphones.

Also, the current Sigma Tel drivers leave something to be desired, especially without the onboard speakers functioning.

I think we are all getting the same thing. I get it on the 20" iMac. :(

p.s Lets not slag off the drivers they were not designed for what we are trying to do !. Let's be grateful that we can actually find drivers that work, there was always a danger that no drivers would ever work for the Mac so we aren't doing too badly....

:gun:

Give this driver a shot: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...1&fileid=150155

This driver allows Mac minis to turn off the optical out. However, the line out still doeesn't work in the intended port. To get analog out, hook your speakers into your line-in (yes, the line-IN jack). For Mac minis, this worked. Perhaps it will work ith iMacs as well.