Screen Saver

mahoutie

7 posts in this topic

I hope that someone can help me out here but having just installed 10.4.5 (Myzar DVD), I can't get the screensaver to conform to any of the times that I set it to in System Preferences.

It seems to activate after around 30 minutes regardless of where I position the slider. I have tried repairing permissions but to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Asrock P4Dual-915GL Mobo

1gb DDR333

3.2ghz P4 HT SSE3

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem.

But I don't think I've ever seen my screen saver come on by itself at all. It works fine if I hit the "Test" button or use one of the hot corners.

The Energy Saver doesn't work either, except the "HDD Sleep" does work for some reason.

Maybe it has something to do with VESA?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I hope that someone can help me out here but having just installed 10.4.5 (Myzar DVD), I can't get the screensaver to conform to any of the times that I set it to in System Preferences.

It seems to activate after around 30 minutes regardless of where I position the slider. I have tried repairing permissions but to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas?

Open up terminal.app and type this: sudo vi /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Versions/A/Resources/EngineDefaults.plist

Change the line, where it says idleTime = 1200; to idleTime = 0; or idleTime = 999999999999999999999; should also work :P

Save it, reboot, enjoy.

cheers

• 2 years later...

My screensaver seems to work fine - but it will not lock the screen (as my real Mac will). Is this in anyway related? Is anyone else having issues with the screen not locking? That is "Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver", under security in system preferences.