Help Can't get 8800GT To work with qe/ci

winduser

7 posts in this topic

Hiya, i am having some trouble getting full support working for my 8800GT on osx 10.5.4 iatkos. I have tried nvinject and also tried adding strings etc but i always get the same result. Osx boots but i get a black screen with a cursor, only when i right click does it start to reveal the desktop in sections. when i delete nvinject.kext it brings it back to its derfault state but without any driver loaded. Im stuck.

I have also tried to do the leopard graphics update but it will not install on 10.5.4 for some reason.

Please can somebody help, ive trawled the forums and tried all sorts. Im loosing faith.

Many thanks for all help very greatfully recieved.

Mark

I think that I used "NVinstaller v.52.pkg" to get things right with my install, it is a full installer so no need to mess around with kext's, you just tick your video memory size (512MB for me), let it do it's thing and then re-boot.

Not sure where I got it from, and I can't upload it here as it is 3.5MB (and the limit is 2MB). Let me know if you can't find it and I will try to post it somewhere.

Hiya ive already tried that one and i get the same result as before. Do you think i may have faulty drivers somewhere? When it boots i just get a black screen with a mouse cursor, then if i right click the mouse on the screen it starts to display the desktop in bits. still says qe not supported.

My motherboard is a Gygabyte GA-EP35-DS3 do i need to set something in the bois?

My graphics card is a sparkle 8800gt There are two power inputs on the card, ive only connected one of them, do i need to connect both?

The power inputs are added with the supplied dongle with the graphics card.

Also should i connect the psu to my graphics power input on the motherboard ? i dont want to overload the graphics card by making a mistake.

And another question, does it matter which PCIe slot i use for the graphics card? i have 2 on my motherboard?

Also should i connect the psu to my graphics power input on the motherboard ? i dont want to overload the graphics card by making a mistake.

And another question, does it matter which PCIe slot i use for the graphics card? i have 2 on my motherboard?

Well I would make sure that you have it in the 16x one this is usually the connector closest to the CPU and yes if it has two connectors on the card you should be using both of them to ensure your getting enough power to the card. You should probably list all the hardware in your machine so we can get a better idea of what you have.

Edit: I would add make sure that you have your monitor connected to connector closest to the motherboard I have read posts of people having problems using the top one.

You are not the only one with this issue. I had that happen with my 8800gt a long time ago. I was able to get my card working on a kalyway build. there is an install guide for our motherboards that is a step by step for the kalyway build.

on the other hand im trying the same disk as you right now ... and everything is working besides QE... i cant figure it out either. i dont have the black screen issue... everything looks good beside QE.