No replies to this topic

acseven

acseven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I have successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 MacOS x86 on my laptop (specs below).

I am new in the Mac world, and I was interested to learn a bit. So... After the installation I have encountered some issues, and I have been searching around for solutions. So far I stumbled upon some, but I really don't know if they are applicable, and that's where I needed some expert comment:
  • Display: My 1400x1050x32 display is working at 1024x768, and that's the only option available at display settings... How (if possible) can I add my optimal resolution to the selection options? I read about the Callisto drivers (http://omni.110mb.com/callisto/), is this what I am looking for or is there a easier option (I also read something about changing a plist file...)
  • USB devices: This one is driving me nuts... If I connect a pen drive it shows in the System Profiler, under USB, but the drive doesn't appear anywhere! If I connect my iPhone, the pen drive disappears from System Profiler and the iPhone appears instead. Same again, Itunes does not find the device!
  • Wireless support: Intel 2100b device drivers are in the making, by what I have read. I didn't fully understand if there was any beta or not...
There are probably more issues with my installation, but it is great to see it running!

Cheers,
acseven

ps: On the up-n-up... My Bluetooth dongle, that takes about 2 hours to install in Windows and is a pain to configure works instantly in Leopard! Cool! Not very useful, but cool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy