Invisible menus

CBrindle

4 posts in this topic

I have just managed to get Quartz extreme and all the resolutions for my 7600 GS 256MB AGP, on 10.5.4. Which Took me ages to do. However since sorting it when I click on say File or Edit etc, the menu is invisible, I can see the outline but there is no writing in it. If I click on a different option the previous menu appears for a split second and then i get the outline of the box for the option I have just selected. I am able to use the options by guessing where they are. I was just wondering if anyone knows how i can fix this?

Edit: if anyone is interested I have another thread just for getting a 7600 GS (AGP) to work. Shows my success and failures. Also has links to various installers that I have used.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry874130

I am having the same problem since my update to 10.5.4

About the same exact issues. QE/CI worked fine till I updated, had to find some replacement Drivers as my old drivers werent working. Now I am QE/CI and no menus just as yourself.

We need help. LOL.

I have the same video card - 7600GS 256MB

Solved it. I deleted the GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle, then ran the GeForce.pkg from this thread.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...l=menu&st=0

Now I have QE/CI and visible menus.

Current Profile

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0392

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

LCD Monitor:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

LCD Monitor:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Did what you said and it disabled QE, but left all the resolutions, However, it did give me my menus back.

I think im going to have to settle for one or the other, cos if i have to watch OSX install one more time cos i forgot to do something or installed something and killed it, my PC is going to suffer.

Unless anyone can offer a guaranteed solution.