SSE2 & 3 Retail Leo and Vanilla installs - Boot 132 on pre-Core !

munky

614 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm trying the setup using the image on the first page, but I keep getting the following error message on boot:

USB Notification: The device "EHCI Root Hub Simulation" @ 0xfd000000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The hub it is attached to has been disabled

Anything I can do?

I'm trying to install this on a system with a P4 2.8 GHz, and an Intel 82801 chipset motherboard in a HP D330...

Thanks!!

Hey isaacl I was having the same message on one similar computer (P4 2.8 SSE2, IS7-G mobo) but it didn't stop the install, not using osx on that box now but thats thanks to AGP x1950 being too much of a ballache to get working properly.

I thought it might be an electrical fault causing that message as any windows BSODed on it and linux threw up the same overcurrent message on install, but is running fine on it now.

Anyway the install did eventually work with the right kexts and whatnot so best thing is not worry about that message too much and get the thing working.

I temporarily disabled the USB, and I didn't get that error again.

But now I get another error - "still waiting for root device"...

I heard that I may be able to fix both errors by using kexts in the boot CD.

Can someone help me do that?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I temporarily disabled the USB, and I didn't get that error again.

But now I get another error - "still waiting for root device"...

I heard that I may be able to fix both errors by using kexts in the boot CD.

Can someone help me do that?

Thanks!

It is giving you the 'still waiting for root device' message whilst the system cannot find any boot device to boot from. This is most likely caused by your chipset not being supported natively by OSX. A boot-cd can help you load additional kext (drivers) so you can add support for your chipset. There are other solutions, though you should load additional kext to get your system to load.

It is giving you the 'still waiting for root device' message whilst the system cannot find any boot device to boot from. This is most likely caused by your chipset not being supported natively by OSX. A boot-cd can help you load additional kext (drivers) so you can add support for your chipset. There are other solutions, though you should load additional kext to get your system to load.

It's a HP D330 MicroTower...

The chipset is a Intel 865G.

How can I load the drivers for that chipset, and where can I find them?

Is there any place where I can find an iso that will allow me to install retail OSX with that chipset? I have no clue how to make one...

Thanks a lot!!

• 1 month later...
Here's my boot ISO, contains:

Kernels:

Modbin 9.4.0 kernel, filename:modbin

ToH 9.2.0 Sleep kernel, filename:Sleep

StageXNU 9.4.0 kernel, filename: StageXNU

Kexts:

AppleAC97Audio.kext

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

AppleAPIC.kext

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

AppleGenericPCATA.kext

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

AppleNForceATA.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleSMBIOS.kext

AppleVIAATA.kext

Disabler.kext

dsmos.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

Link

Dear 3D Man:

About 14 months back several of you were working on developing ISOs to enable the running of Mac OS 10.5.x on a SSE2 PC. I am very late to the conversation, but I am just now trying to install my original retail Mac OS 10.5.1 DVD on to an old Gateway M505B2 (Intel Pentium M)

After reading 7 pages of the conversation thread I have reached your posting and link. I tried Munky's ISO, but it didn't work for me. Now I'd like to try yours, but the link is no longer active. If you have still have the ISO in your stack of stuff, might it be possible for you to re-list/link it?

I apologize for bother you all with this, but I am not a programmer and am in need of assistance. I realize that you are on to bigger and better things now.

Thank you,

Daniel Bush

Ps. I've posted a pic of as far I was able to get before the Gateway froze up.

Might anyone be willing to assist a non-programmer in sorting out an install from a retail 10.5.1 DVD on to a Gateway M505B2?

Processor: Mobile Intel Pentium Processor-M CPU

Core Logic: Intell 855PM, ICH4M

Processor side bus speed: 400MHz Processor System Bus

Phoenix Note BIOS Release 6

512 KB flash ROM

266/333 MHz DDR SDRAM

ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 high-performance graphics chipset

WXGA

Reraltek ALC655 AC97 rev 2.3 audio codec

I would really appreciate the communities help. Thank you.

post-553653-1262832721_thumb.jpg

To All,

I would like to thank all of u for indirectly helping me on getting a Retail Install of Snow Leopard fully Operational on my Gigabyte P43-ES3G.

I would like to interject to using a USB stick for the SL Retail Install and using the Empire EFI boot CD instead.. if that method is not already outdated...

It took me about an hour to get everything into place including my Audiophile 2496 PCI Card.. which was probably the hardest...

But again.. I thank everyone here for not helping me get a Mac Pro class for dirt cheap but rather for making the seemed impossible.. possible..

P.S. It did make me go out and buy a Mac Mini which is the dopest and illest lil CPU i have ever dealt with and that alone should make Steve Jobs happy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please help me, i cant write a snow leopard or a iaktos v7 iso to a dvd,

i can use hfs explorer to see all the files in the disk but when a write a iso to a dvd it has some other files with have only boot in them,

i tried to extract it using hfs explorer and it skips some files while extracting how can i write the files to a dvd and make it bootable. i tried many versions and when i mount it to a virtual drive it shows the same boot files and not mac osx files. how can i make a bootable disk, im going to buy a retail disk but before that i want to try and install in a old system so i can learn it and not mess up my new hackintosh... thank you in advance

• 4 months later...

Hello guys,

Thanks for the amazing help from all of you, as u can probably tell, i'm a newbie here,

I am a mac user (proper iMac :D ) , but now i want to install Leopard on my Toshiba Satellite laptop,

Intel Centrino 1.8Ghz, 4gigs of RAM, supports SSE2, SSE3 and some other stuff i forgot (all from a CPUZ report)

I got as far as booting from the Retail DVD i got with the Mac, but only the white screen with apple logo and endless rotating thing.. then goes to another screen with beach ball ( nothing further than that)

I followed all the tutorials step by step, without missing a thing....

I was thinking it could be the Centrino processor that's causing the problem....

Thanks a lot...

MAZ

• 1 month later...

having trouble trying to get this to work on my Pentium 4.

I created the boot cd using the boot_dfe_modbin.iso file and that seems to load correctly.

Then I swap out the retail Leopard dvd into the drive.

I hit return at the <boot> prompt and get the prompt for the hexadecimal and this is where I get stuck. I can't seem to get it to boot from the DVD. I tried 81, 90, 91 but keep going back to the boot prompt. If I use 80 it goes to the hard disk, so it seems like the boot loader is working, I just don't know the hex for my dvd drive.

I suspect if I have the right number it will work, but how do I figure out what the right hex is? I've scoured google, but can't seem to find something that helps.

Any ideas?

TIA