SSE2 & 3 Retail Leo and Vanilla installs - Boot 132 on pre-Core !

munky

614 posts in this topic

Has anybody been able to solve the USB issue? In my case, USB drives need IOUSBMassStorage to be loaded manually after login, and if I turn on my USB printer after login, it will not work.

Vice-versa, every USB drive will work, if I have already plugged it (and turned on) before starting the computer.

I have tried including System.kext in my Efi Extensions, but it doesn't work.

Any other solutions?!? Please?!?!? :(

Thank you.

BTW does Tiger work with that method boot-132 or it doesn't ?

I've been wondering this myself, as I'm waiting on my MacPro 7300GT to arrive before I complete my (1st Hackintosh) build. I have a retail Tiger Universal (10.4.7) Server I'd love to try before going Leopard. Not that I'm not opposed to buying Leopard, but would love to see if I could get Tiger going "vanilla-style".

If anyone has tried it, I'd love to hear response.

TIA,

Billbo

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10] [1002:4e50]

Mind telling me how you got your 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10] [1002:4e50]

properly recognized ?

I have the same card in my Inspiron 9100 (sold as XPS in the States), but can't get it recognized :thumbsup_anim:

TIA

Mind telling me how you got your 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10] [1002:4e50]

properly recognized ?

I have the same card in my Inspiron 9100 (sold as XPS in the States), but can't get it recognized :P

TIA

well it's recongized on my nc8000 and i'm using the EFI partition

Hi, I followed the tutorials, I tried everything.I spent hours of reading but I have no luck installing 10.5 retail on SSE2 Centrino M725 Dothan Tecra Notebook. After loading the .ddl black screen appears.

What is the perfect bootloader 132 , which Kernel patch might work.?? Does anybody allready made an ISO.??

Thank you very much .

regards

hi there. Im experiencing a tiny bit of a problem. I type in all the commands correctly up until when it comes to booting uding rd(0,1) etc. I dont have any way of working out the uuid or disk no (i dont have a working version of osx), however i managed to copy out the uuid as it appears sometimes when loading the disk. now when I entered the boot code (e.g. rd(0,1)/mach_kernel etc.), it loads for a couple of seconds and then just comes back with "Press any key to start from CD-ROM or press F8 to specify...". Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. when i do press any key, it just loads up then hangs on the apple logo. Doesnt go through the verbose mode (-v).

hi there. Im experiencing a tiny bit of a problem. I type in all the commands correctly up until when it comes to booting uding rd(0,1) etc. I dont have any way of working out the uuid or disk no (i dont have a working version of osx), however i managed to copy out the uuid as it appears sometimes when loading the disk. now when I entered the boot code (e.g. rd(0,1)/mach_kernel etc.), it loads for a couple of seconds and then just comes back with "Press any key to start from CD-ROM or press F8 to specify...". Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. when i do press any key, it just loads up then hangs on the apple logo. Doesnt go through the verbose mode (-v).

try boot with modbin patched kernel

write rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.modbin -v -legacy rd=diskxsy

find x and y with transmac

@lawrence craig: if u dont override the root of the system it will default to where u loaded the kernel from, which is the ramdisk. the uuid you see during 'boot' is therefore the uuid the system assigns the ramdisk. this is not what u want.

Hi guys,

First off, thanks to everyone involved in getting this going. It's remarkable stuff. Now, to the crux of the matter.

I currently have 10.4.11 running on my Intel PC (installed from uphuck 10.4.9 DVD and updated using the backup/restore method of extensions before and after system specific updates from Apple).

I would very much like to get Leopard going on my system. So far I have used boot_dfe_modbin.iso with retail 10.5 install DVD cloned to dual layer DVD disc. I have managed to get the PC to boot to the install DVD and see the grey apple logo, but shortly after the computer restarts.

I suspect I have to modify the initrd.img, but am unsure how to do this. If anyone is able to point me in the right direction for a method on how this is done, I would be grateful.

Also, my "About this mac" shows me as having a 2.99Ghz core solo, so should I be able to use the vanilla install method?

I'm not exactly sure what CPU I have other than it is a 3.0Ghz HT P4 with SSE3 (extreme edition??)

I have an Intel D865GLC mobo, 2 GB RAM, Asus 7600 GS AGP, 120GB Sata II HDD.

As a bit of a noob I was getting the hang of nano-ing extension kext and getting QE/CI enabled, but the boot-132 method is a little over my head at this stage and would appreciate any help.

Cheers

JulesKor

i've said this a million times, but in the interest of (again) making it *abundantly clear* :

*Any Intel CPU with SSE2 or better. And once voodoo 9.5.0 final comes out, *all* (AMD and Intel) SSE2 or better.*

I'm having trouble getting this working. I was wondering if someone might be kind enough to help a hackintosh newb. :(

I am attempting to use the 3DMan ISO. I can boot it, select the kernel and root device and the Leopard DVD boots to the installer. The modbin kernel seems to work best for me. I'm attempting to install on a Dell Inspiron 1705 laptop (Core Duo). I have a Mac Mini, and am attempting to use the install DVD that came with it. It gives me an error saying that "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer". This happens after the language selection screen. It doesn't give me any reason why it can't, so I'm not sure where to start looking. All the options in the menu bar are greyed out, so I can't view the logs.

I have partitioned from the Leo4All DVD with a GUID partition map, single partition.

I can see the boot messages saying that the modbin kernel is loading, and a ton of kexts. Then it finds the root device and boots up. It seems like I'm on the right track, just missing something. Perhaps this DVD is not a "retail" DVD? It claims to be an OS X Leopard Install Disk when I insert it into the Mini.

I really like the idea of running a mostly unmodified install so I can use software update and such. Any help would be great. I'm very familiar with UNIX command lines and such, so if I can get info from booting the Leo4All CD or a Linux boot CD that would help, let me know. I would prefer to hold off purchasing another install DVD until I verify it works well on this hardware.

Update: I called a friend and borrowed his retail DVD. I can get past the prior error and it's installing now. Once that's done, I'll move on to the other thread and try to get the EFI partition trick working.

Tested on pentium D and Gigabyte 945PLGE motherboard, it works perfect, my PC never worked like this! only HDA is patched.

So I made a iso image for others to have:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=aa6dbe6...2db6fb9a8902bda

I pute inside:

- AppleACPIPS2Nub and PS2Controler, for PS2 keyboard, mouse and trackpad support

- IOATA and VIATA with PXII kexts for fixing "waiting for boot... and all that jazz"

- AppleDecrypt with fixed verbose mode so your install will be legal (ha ha)

- AppleSMBIOSEFI for proper Systemprofiler (only AppleSMBIOSEFI works after 10.5.5 update, superhai SMBIOS broke my SisteProfiler)

- Latest 9.4 voodoo xnu kernel so it won't panic because of EFI kext

Kernel is named voodoo not mach_kernel

so you boot with:

rd(0,1)/voodoo rd=diskXsY or with uuid

I must say that this was a one of best installations of osx of all versions I ever instaled. Booting retail image on this PC was never even a dream in my mind. And now is real.

after instalation I instaled chameleon for hd and puted HDAEneabler in Extra/Extensions folder for my modified AppleHDA.kext coz my sound card was azal and now is shown as HDEF)

For graphic I used EFI studio for graphic card and network. I updated to 10.5.5 with no problems.

Thanks for this iso, it works fine with my pentium D-820 and my asus p5wd2 when I boot on my 10.5.1 fresh installed leopard

But I can't boot with that iso after i updated to 10.5.5 ... If I change the voodoo kernel in this iso by the newer voodoo (9.5), it can solve that problem ?

yes you need to find Disabler.kext

Any help on where I can find Disabler.kext that disables AppleEFINVRAM.kext, AppleEFIRuntime.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerMangment.kext?

I'm currently building a solution based on this project for a Gigabyte EP45-DQ6 board with the following with LS8v13/14 as the starting point for the kexts.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext (Instead of OpenHaltRestart.kext)

IOTAfamily.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip (alternate is to for Time Machine/Bonjour Fix http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=35723 )

JMicronATA.kext (for Secondary SATA )

dsmos.kext

ALCinject.kext

AppleHDA v1.2.9a4

R1000.kext for Ethernet (LAN)

I then intend to use:

ICH10 (IDE Mode) SATA Kext http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129222

File Located at: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=35344

*** Copy the AppleACHIPort.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCPI.kext to Desktop

*** Copy the IOAHCIFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext to the Desktop and then

sudo -s

it will prompt for password, put your password here

cd

cp Desktop/AHCIFix/AppleAHCIPort.kext.dir/Contents/Info.plist /Desktop/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents

cp Desktop/AHCIFix/IOAHCIFamily.kext.dir/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext.dir/Contents/Info.plist /Desktop/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents

Don't believe I should need to do:

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/

touch /System/Library/Extensions

exit

Then I intend to place all of the .kexts into the /EFI/Extensions.

My only concern seems to be any other sound .kexts that might load from /System/Extensions that would conflict with the ones I intend to load via /EFI/Extensions

Hi guys and gals, i am having some troubles and form the looks of it, i think it is bc i am not specifiying the uuid. I tried to do rd= but i get an error and i believe it is bc the ramdisk is not being created propperly or honestly i dont know but here is what i get...

[b]Boot 132 Generic.ISO With Leopard Retail DVD: [/b]

On boot 132: I get this error before it actually goes into the screen where I swap DVDs:
System config file ‘/com.apple.boot.s/library/preferences/systemconfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist’ not found

I then proceed to swap DVDs to retail leo. And it halts at this point:

Extension “com.apple.driver.appleAPIPlatform” has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
Dsmos: initializing…..
Dsmos: hook and decryption contexts set!
AppleACPICPU: processorApicId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
calling mpo_policy_init for tmsafetynet
security policy loaded: safety net for time machine (tmsafetynet)
loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall
loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt
calling mpo_pollicy_init for mb
seatbelt MACF policy initialized
security policy loaded: seatbelt policy (mb)
Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1991, 1993
The regents of the university of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized
Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
Dsmos: starting…..

I believe the main problem lies in the error from the boot 132 cd....

Sorry for not putting every letter that needed to be capital.... i would just keep on typing lol.

Thanks.

Hi everyone, thx to munky and dfe first off, I think when I get this working it will be much better then patched dvds. I have a sticking point that I hope someone can help me with.

I have a p4 htt system with ich5 and I am using these kexts ( see pic)

When I boot the cd and then try to boot the retail disc I get a kp about acpi, please see the second attached pic.

I am sure it is b/c it's trying to boot the ramdisk and not the retail. I have tried booting

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.1 -v boot-uuid=(dvd uuid) & rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.1 -v rd=disk3s2 (this is what diskutil shows in the os)

Any advice would be great.

post-300665-1224717870_thumb.png

post-300665-1224717879_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, thx to munky and dfe first off, I think when I get this working it will be much better then patched dvds. I have a sticking point that I hope someone can help me with.

I have a p4 htt system with ich5 and I am using these kexts ( see pic)

When I boot the cd and then try to boot the retail disc I get a kp about acpi, please see the second attached pic.

I am sure it is b/c it's trying to boot the ramdisk and not the retail. I have tried booting

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.1 -v boot-uuid=(dvd uuid) & rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.1 -v rd=disk3s2 (this is what diskutil shows in the os)

Any advice would be great.

You left out some critical pieces of date.

We have no idea what physical - typing - sequence you used to boot the system.

Not much ability to help without those data points.