help ! need "unbless" xom.efi

goli

7 posts in this topic

Got big problem with installing XP on iMac Intel. It freezed and crached. Now I can't even get back to OSX, neither reinstall it once again. :lol:

How do I "unbless" this xom.efi and get back on my initial Apple EFI module ?

- I can get into EFI menu with rEFIt CD

- I can get into Disc Utility and Terminal with OSX Install CD

but can not reinstall OSX ( HFS+ formated HD is red arrowed !)

don't know the commande for re-initial Apple EFI ?

Thanks lot

When in disk utility select the internal hard drive (not the partitions) and then select the erase option. That will kill all the old partitions and create a nice new mbr and partition that you can modify and install on as you please.

Hi Pika

The thing is that I'm able to kill the old partitions and create the new one HFS, but OSX CD-Install don't want chosse it. The HFS partioned disc is "red arrowed". Strange !

Is it because I've got xom.efi in EFI module ??

I had the same situation...

I guess you want to do a complete new install of osx. So when you're in the disk utility in the partition section, just click the 'options' button and there you should click default (which will select GUID Partition Table instead of Master Boot Record). Now click 'ok' and finally 'partition'.

you should be all set to install osx from scratch!

hope this helps....

If your OS X installation is otherwise fine, just use the same command you used to bless xom.efi, but replace 'xom.efi' with 'boot.efi' (the default Apple bootloader). You can do this from the Terminal when booting from the installer DVD.

If your OS X installation is otherwise fine, just use the same command you used to bless xom.efi, but replace 'xom.efi' with 'boot.efi' (the default Apple bootloader). You can do this from the Terminal when booting from the installer DVD.

Thanks lot.

My OS X is now fine. As I'm real noob on Mac world, I'll wait for BAMBIOS... :laser:

Do be aware that this fix will only allow you to boot normally into OS X again...it won't correct the fact that your hard drive is now using the fdisk partition scheme (this is done by the XP installer), and thus you won't be able to reinstall OS X in the future unless you repartition the drive again.

Does anyone know a way to restore a modified drive back to the GUID partition scheme without actually repartitioning (and thus losing all of your data)?

Edit: Looks like someone was way ahead of me. :laser: