Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L Leopard Mac Kalyway Leo4All Post-Install Troubleshooting

Donjuanjack

68 posts in this topic

I have the same problem i cant get sound to work on my ga-ep45ds3l its an ICH10 alc888 and ive tried every thing from dumps to patched. tarugas website is down and cant figure this out. anyone can give us some light :thumbsup_anim:

See the first post of this thread. The sound patches can be downloaded now from there.

Taruga's wiki is down and I can't find another link to download codec address kext.

Can anyone post them?

See the first post of this thread. The sound patches can be downloaded now from there.

You have included the file RealtekR1000.kext. What is the utility of that file? Is it related to sound or lan?

My sound is not working...could someone update me and tell me what needs to be installed?On System Prefs, it just shows that I have no input/output devices for sound. I am currently running iDeneb 10.5.5

Sound:Onboard ACL889A w/ EP45-DS3L motherboard.

Thank You.

What ktext's or patches I need to run.

My sound is not working...could someone update me and tell me what needs to be installed?On System Prefs, it just shows that I have no input/output devices for sound. I am currently running iDeneb 10.5.5

Sound:Onboard ACL889A w/ EP45-DS3L motherboard.

Thank You.

What ktext's or patches I need to run.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=874819

It's for lan.

I've tested the kexts for ALC888 that you posted. I didn't notice that must patch with Taruga's patcher with codec dump file before applying AppleHDA.kext (address 2) and HDAenabler.kext.

Sound appears to be better now. No more choppy sound.

Thank you very much. =)

Here's a AppleAzaliaAudio.kext for ALC888 on GA-EP45-DS3L. It only gives you 2-channel Output, no Input/Digital/Microphone. Make sure to remove AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, and ALCinject.kext. This kext has given me the best sound on this board. I tried many AppleHDA solutions, some would work and some would cause choppy sound or low-quality sound.

EDIT: I have now also included a AppleHDA.kext. This one works 100% on the GA-EP45-DS3L, it also has fixed bass for Line Output. ;)

Also for running this board in Non-AHCI mode (aka IDE Native Mode), check out this modified AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext @ http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129222

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

AppleHDA.zip

My installation was also very successful with this board.

First I tried the iAtkos2i distribution. Later I switched to version 4i and selected the vanilla kernel and acpi kext. Be sure not to forget to select the SATA Drivers in the Drivers section during install - this is required since OSX 10.5.4. Onboard audio was not tested, I have an external audio station.

My 'graphics' used some Natit injections, and work fine.

Processor: Intel Q6600

Graphics: NVidia 6200 Turbo Cache 64MB

Ram: 2GB

Disk: WD Digital 320GB

For so far it has been stable. Reboot doesn't work, but sleep mode does. Sometimes an application acts weird, but these are third party apps, so I don't know if it has anything to do with this board.

Also very compatible with Linux

Edit:

Directly after posting this message my system crashed (the irony) and I couldn't get it up and running again. There were freezes at different stages. I'm not really sure it had something to do with the Logitech Control Center that was recently installed, but, there is a big potential.

Now I installed the Kalyway distro, it has better support on updating/drivers.

Have fun with yours :P

YES...THE LOGITECH CONTROL CENTRE IS {censored}.... IT CRASHES EVEN PURE APPLE MACS. DON'T USE IT. USE STEERMOUSE INSTEAD.

Thanks for all the info, I eventually have everything working. Woot.

The sound occasionally makes a buzz or hiss when doing some things (like stopping the dvd playback), when it goes back to the main there's a split second or two.. Is there anything that can be done for that? Very minor issue but just wondering.

Thanks again. Great forum. Lots of info.

• 2 weeks later...

I post I made in another topic:

Just got my board this morning. Check signature for details.

Here's what's not working now (time to go to bed!)

• Audio - got it to appear in System Prefs, but sound
  • Video - 8600GT not recognizing the HD component out
  • Sata - drives appear as external

Almost everything works! Although I feel like I cheated a little...

1. I restored an image I created for an intel iMac onto a sata drive (10.5.3 and GUID) and stuck into my hackintosh
  2. Used boot-132 and chameleon to fix startup, restart and shutdown issues
  3. Upgraded to 10.5.4 using Apple's combo installer

Going to clone the drive and install 10.5.5 in the morning. See what happens with the problems.

Try the sound patch files at the beginning of this thread. Reboot after. Sometimes you have to install each file one at a time, then reboot at each stage.

For the video, try EFI Studio to install the video driver.

I think, for the drives, only the boot drive is fully internal. The other drives appear as drives that can be unmounted via finder.

1. I restored an image I created for an intel iMac onto a sata drive (10.5.3 and GUID) and stuck into my hackintosh

Going to clone the drive and install 10.5.5 in the morning. See what happens with the problems.

Sound should work.. it is just a matter of patching.

Video... that has really nothing to do with the motherboard itself... you just need the right patch for the videocard. ...if the patches/applications listed at the beginning of this thread don't work, try looking in the entire forum for threads about patches for your HDMI or SVHS output (is that what you are having trouble with?).

I have an ep-45-DS3L with everything running perfectly, except that my 1066 mhz memory is registering as 800 mhz.

Is there a fix for this? Memory is Corsair 2x2gb dominator and bios is registering it as 1066. latency is 5,5,5,15 and

that is all good in the bios.

thanks in advance

Sounds strange... are you sure all the bios memory settings are ok? Did you try checking also in WinXP to see if it is coming out at 1066 or 800?

I have an ep-45-DS3L with everything running perfectly, except that my 1066 mhz memory is registering as 800 mhz.

Is there a fix for this? Memory is Corsair 2x2gb dominator and bios is registering it as 1066. latency is 5,5,5,15 and

that is all good in the bios.

thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

I am using Jas 10.5.4 but I also have the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L . The only thing I couldn't get working was the audio.

But it is now working thanks to post number 34 from ØñÐr€j. That got me stereo output only, not digital, but that's all i need. System Preferences/Output/ now reads 'HD Audio Output'.

Thanks.

i do have another question. about half the time i use my dvd drive, i will have a kernel panic. any way to fix this by chance?

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

I have the same mobo and been running fine with the exception of the DVD drive issue you experience. I run into issues w/ kernel panic as well periodically (about 3 or 4 a day).

My specs are:

EP45-DS3L

Q6600 (Overclocked)

8GB Ram

GE Force 9500 GT (1024)

2 displays - Dell 2408WFP & Dell 2401FP

Philips DVD+-RW DVD8631 (This drive is an ATA drive, not sata)

I started with Kalyway 10.5.2 and upgrade to .3, and .4 with not problems. I had to reinstall the audio drivers, but that was it. Finally, i went to 10.5.5 and now the LAN isn't working. it appears to have detected a second network device and original is shown as disconnected. The new device has a MAC of FF:FF;FF;FF;FF;FF and does not obtain an IP address. has anyone run into this? I had a similar problem installing Retail, but the device showed the correct MAC, but again, didn't obtain an IP.

GA-EP45-DS3L

Is there anyone out there running 10.5.6 on that board and have Sleep working on this board ?

I have Audio and Ethernet and Shutdown working. But when I set my system to Sleep it goes down but no video shows, I can see the system is running as it beeps but no information on the monitor.

Is there a Kext for the Sleep Issue ?

I'm running 10.5.6 installed from iAtkos v5 and I have a ATI HD 3650

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Should these files be good for the EP45C DS3R? This is the one with the DDR2/DDR3 combo slots. I've spent the last couple of hours researching playing around with kexts I've found on this and other forums but not managed to get anything out of the on board sound yet!

Current attempt - I've installed the Kalyway 1.5.2 distro, seemed to go smoothly, it's recognising all of the 500g SATA drive. Installed the things on the first post of this thread, but using a dump of the 889, and then repaired permissions. Still no device showing in System Prefs or Audio MIDI Setup. Also tried the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext after this, but it's the same. Any assistance would be appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been using scrib.com guide written for EP35-DS3L with EP45-DS3 ?

How much of a difference is there between the two boards considering OSx installation? EP35-DS3, EP45-DS3 and EP45-DS3R seem pretty much to be virtually same motherboards according to specs from gigabyte site.

Anyway bumped on some problems with my EP45-DS3 hopefully will get it working.

Do you have a sufficiently big power supply unit? e.g. 500 watts?

I have the same mobo and been running fine with the exception of the DVD drive issue you experience. I run into issues w/ kernel panic as well periodically (about 3 or 4 a day).

My specs are:

EP45-DS3L

Q6600 (Overclocked)

8GB Ram

GE Force 9500 GT (1024)

10.5.5 requires a patch for your network... try some of the available realtek network patches and let us know which one it was that works..I forgot which one I used.

I started with Kalyway 10.5.2 and upgrade to .3, and .4 with not problems. I had to reinstall the audio drivers, but that was it. Finally, i went to 10.5.5 and now the LAN isn't working. it appears to have detected a second network device and original is shown as disconnected. The new device has a MAC of FF:FF;FF;FF;FF;FF and does not obtain an IP address. has anyone run into this? I had a similar problem installing Retail, but the device showed the correct MAC, but again, didn't obtain an IP.

Try a network realtek patch. My bonjour works fine.

After installing from vanilla, I realize that some part of Bonjour must be broken, since iTunes shares no longer show up. They showed up on my last system, so it's not a problem with my server. Is there a new network kext available?

If you ever have system panics when changing applications, loading applications, saving files, burning dvds, using firefox, using torrent applications, etc., then it is probably your power supply.

It might be your power supply unit being not powerful enough..creating an unstable system... .e.g. start an application or use a hard drive, or burn a DVD and the system will crash... not enough electricity from you power supply....screws your system up.... get a PC Power and Cooler Power Supply Silencer 750. They are the best on the market in terms of quality/price.

My specs are:

EP45-DS3L

Q6600 (Overclocked)

8GB Ram

GE Force 9500 GT (1024)