ASUS GeForce EN7950GT 512Mb works OK.

mirrage

2 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I used kalyway 10.5.2 and prior to this iATKOS v1.0i R3 but when I choose drivers for nvidia 512mb cards I get black screen and I can not see anything.If I don't choose drivers I can use only 256 and 1024x768 resolution.

The HDD i try to install Mac OsX is an 80Gb IDE and my graphics card is an ASUS EN7950GT 512Mb (see my signature).

I see people in here having no problem with their graphics cards and they use the same drivers.What am I doing wrong????

I even thought of flashing my card's BIOS but I don't want to risk it.

What should I do to get 512Mb and more than one resolution?

I intend to use Kalyway 10.5.2 and then update to 10.5.4.

Thank you all in advance!!!

See below for the "how to"...

As I found flashing the gfx card ROM is only the beginning so if you want to use your 512 nvidia

gfx card follow the links below

This link explains how to flash your ROM and provides some ROMs

http://www.s155158671.websitehome.co.uk/nvidia512cardrom.html

This one is a guide that will help you finish the job and get all resolutions etc.

http://aquamac.proboards106.com/index.cgi?board=hack1&action=display&thread=509

Do exactly what is written and you will be fine.

If you have questions ask prior of any action.

Flashing your ROM is not that difficult as I found myself but I am not sure if it is safe.

Rumor has it that flashing does not always succeed but I've done it at the first try.

So in order to summarize...

after you flash your ROM and do as the guide in the second link says you will get full 512Mb

RAM and full all the resolutions your gfx card support as well as QE/CI and multiple monitor

suppoert(depends in your gfx card).

Don't ask me about special settings for your card cause I know nothing than what the

links have.

Last but not least I want to thank insanelymac forum member verdant and Steve Smedley.

The first because he gave me the fisrt link i give you and the other one because he answered

my mail and gave me the second link.