ATI X 1600XT 10.5.4 problem

MacJordan

5 posts in this topic

I have an ATI X 1600XT video and it worked on 10.5.2 with ATInject but after installing some of the osX86 10.5.4 MAC OSs it stops the hardware acceleration. I try to make the Graphics Update v1 but it says that none of my drives meet the requirements?!?

Is there any manual way to install the update. I use pacifist to extract the pakage and i manage to install only the kexts for the Extentions folder after that i get hardware acceleration and everything but what about the other components of the pakage...

pls help

10x

EDIT: Maybe I don't need the whole package. It runs great with the kexts only...

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here.

This X1600XT (Sapphire) always worked like a charm on MACOSX86. But now it is limited to 1024 x 768 and only software acceleration.

Any help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people did you try extracting the kexsts from Apple's Leopard GraphicsUpdate v.1. I did this and placed them in the Extentions folder and I think it worked (and still working). For the resolution I use SwitchResX. And for placing the extentions I used osX86 Tools.

P.S. you have to select the "drivers" for the video when you are installing Leopard :(

Hope it works.

• 4 weeks later...